New Guy! New Cobra Purchase

gt40racing

Established Member
Well after two weeks of dealing I finally purchased a 2003 Cobra:banana:

I went to RET with a friend on friday and had a total blast! Cannot wait to put a Whipple on and go back to RET for a good tune!

The car has the following upgrades so far:
-Mac Cold Air Filter w/ heat shield
-Stage 4 seggy port/penlum/throttle body
-2.8 pulley/gator belt
-steeda 100mm idler pulley
-Lunar gauges A/F,fuel pressure,boost
-steeda short throw shifter
-Bassani x-pipe w/ cats 2.5inch
-Mac 3inch Catback
-Baer Decelarotors zinc plated for rust prevention
-Hawk ceramic pads for low brake dust
-New rear bearings
-Moroso wheel studs 3inch long
-extended wheel lugs w/locks
-18inch AFS 03-04 cobra replicas satin/machine finish 18/9 front with 255s, 18/10.5 rear with 295 INVOS

Not the greatest picture but more to come!!!

haw07_210.sized.jpg

gt40racing

Established Member
The previous owner has put down 465 so far but I hope to join the 600hp club with the help of the crew at RET and this forum! I have learned a lot lurking about the board. I plan to purchase a whipple and supporting equipment! Got a couple more things to figure out like which fuel setup do I want to use. This car is one of my toys. I have a F150 Supercrew to take me to work so I will take my time and do things right!

Thanks for the warm welcome and please feel free to suggest things I need to look into!!!!

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Welcome!

Those tires look like slicks in that picture. 18" replica's FTW!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking Cobra with a nice set of existing mods. Sounds like it's not near enough power for you, though. LOL! Best of luck with your future mods plans. You're gonna love this car.

Sounds like the car doesn't have any suspension mods. I highly recommend the Billetflow IRS brackets ( IRS-Brackets ) and the IRS brace ( IRS Brace ).

gt40racing

Established Member
The tires are not my first choice for the street. I bought some GT-5 wheels I plan to put on in a couple of months. I need to figure out a good street tire. I think I am going to hold on to the AFS wheels also... They are growing on me...

GT4_10.sized.jpg

Stalker27

Established Member
Congrats, I just got a black one myself. Three black Cobra's purchased in a couple days on this site. You, lloyd, & myself

SVT GI

Established Member
Hey Whitt, I'm glad you got to go with me down to RET. We sure had a blast, except for my fuel issue (different thread). Better hurry up and get that 2.3 so we can take my other one down and take up the whole day at RET tuning both :beer: Just go big the first time and save some money, you know we can't leave anything alone and you won't be happy unless you do :rolling: Congrats BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread