New mustang on Discovery Channel.

Silver 03 Cobra

I caught the last seven minutes of it on The Discovery Channet tonight. The title of the show is Extreme Mustang: Back to the Track. It is about a tuner race car built on a joint effort between Ford Racing and a tuner company. They were running the car against a 99 Cobra to check performance aginst each other. I missed the first 50 minutes so I don't know any engine configurations. The car almost looked like it had a heat exchanger. The show will rerun at 11 tonght.

The car is white with chrome wheels. All I have to say is wow. This is the best looking Mustang I've seen. Who needs an Eleanor with this car. The next generation Cobra will be awesome by looking at this car.

Black01Stang

Established Member
Yah, it actually looked really cool. Almost makes me feel like a jumped the gun buying my Cobra 2 weeks ago...

Nah, I think i'll be happy till the next Cobra is out :)

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
the show is awsome, real race car prep. lots of cool equipment. the show will be back on at 10 pm central. you guys need to watch it!

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
Show was ok. Would like to know more about the motor and it would be kewl to know more about the exhaust they are using. I hope they do a follow up on it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I watched the entire hour. I was not a fan of the new Mustang.....until I saw this show. That is one nice looking Stang. One thing's for sure. A lower kit will be a must. It will make for a killer look! I really like the whole exterior. I'm still not sold on the interior yet though. LOL!

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I wished they talked about the engine a little more... all they said was that it was 5 liters and a 32 valve. Didn't see a blower either...

I hate when Discovery or TLC throw these cars on the dyno and then "forget" to tell us how much power they made. :bash:

rezcobra

Established Member
Project "Boy Racer"!!!! The engine puts out 420 HP and 365 FT lbs. tq. Its the 5.0 you can get from Ford Racing Parts. $14,000+... dang!!!!!

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Originally posted by rezcobra
Project "Boy Racer"!!!! The engine puts out 420 HP and 365 FT lbs. tq. Its the 5.0 you can get from Ford Racing Parts. $14,000+... dang!!!!!
for that price, no way :cryying: I think they put a little more power into the one that went into the race car than the crate motor you will be able to buy :??:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i wonder what the whole project cost of the car was? my guess is $200 000. what a shop facility those guys had, looked like a clean room at nasa

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's not a stock crate motor by any stretch of the imagination. Redline was over 7300rpms for one thing. That intake was a custom piece, too. And no need for a blower which will create heat issues on the track. Naturally aspirated baby!! Sweet! I'd love to see the next "Cobra" carry a 32V 5.6 without a blower. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread