New Mustang Release

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford nailed it on the whole front clip! Sadly, IMO, the lower rear fascia is a mess. Looks tossed together as an afterthought. The interior is really well done. Overall, it's nice. I just wish the rear end was better designed.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The last two sets of headlights had bold styling. These look like something from a kia cuv.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
That dark horse logo is awful. The name sucks too. Basically a Mach One isnt it?

Years of marketing and special editions to choose from and they come up with a stupid new one.

BittenInBama

Established Member
Couple thoughts from the cheap seats:

1. Oldest, continuous sports car brand in America...? Corvette??
Mustang = "sports car"? Semantics I guess, no biggie.

2. Exterior is fine. No big issues jumped out at me.

3. Interior designers should be fired tonight. The continued forced application of the stuck on iPad look is hideous. No problems w a screen, just figure out a way to integrate it IN TO THE INTERIOR. They look like an afterthought still. I know it's a big screen but there HAS to be a way to make it fit the car seamlessly.

4. The Dark Horse logo...wow. that is really really bad. Applaud the idea and effort to bring to market a new model....but that logo designer should be searching for a job along side the interior designers. Yikes.

5. 480 & targeted 500 horsepower V8 engines w a stick if you so choose...bravo!
I'll take an orange one without the iPad please. Do not care which transmission, I'll drive either!

Overall, honestly, much better than i expected to see. Again, just ramblings from a guy that's driven Mustangs since mid 1980’s

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
That dark horse logo is awful. The name sucks too. Basically a Mach One isnt it?

Years of marketing and special editions to choose from and they come up with a stupid new one.

I might be wrong, but I think I remember reading that it was a crowd-sourced name. It won over two or three other ideas from social media, then won the popular vote.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’m sorry guys ;too late sure, but I think the last time I let my Camaro go out at night, it forgone pack of condoms. And poof I think it bump uglies with a dodge ;)

Joking aside, I think the platform underneath is intriguing. What’s the early word regarding tuning?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Drove over to Detroit, watched the show and this thought hit me. This to the Mustang II is the Biden to Jimmy Carter.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
305469018_2248041928691930_8884892667708515333_n.jpg

A couple of people showed up for the Stampede, this is just the back lot.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Need to see it in daylight, but my initial impression is that Ford should've adopted the Challenger/Charger "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach to these final years of the ICE Mustang if that's what this possibly is. Looks really bloated from that rear 3/4 view and the current front end looks better, IMO. Definitely not blown away by this like I was when the S550 came out and I don't see myself running out tomorrow to buy one.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Gotta agree on the "stuck on ipad" looks totally stupid and ruins any lines on the centerstack

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I agree. Let's not bring back the Boss 302 or Mach 1. Let's make up some dumb names like Dark Horse, and make some track only versions called Dark Horse S and Dark Horse R.

These photos of the (regular Mustang) rear makes me want to puke!
2024_mustang_debut_016-jpg.1761580

2024_mustang_debut_009-jpg.1761573

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Couple of things I picked up on.

1. The rear resembles the Mach E on the non-GT models
2. If the mach 1 and bullitt has 480hp with basically a GT350 intake, why would they go through all that trouble and expense to produce a new manifold with dual TB's and air intakes plus who knows what else just to make the same HP? I think they're sandbagging this one...

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Still going to be a seller since itll probably be the final look for an ICE/Manual Mustang.

End with a bang it did, a bang of ugliness,

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Hey Ford, the Henderson Silver Knights (hockey affiliate for the Vegas Golden Knights) called, they want their logo back. LOL

Attachments

• dh.jpg
    dh.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 59
  • sk.jpg
    sk.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 64

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. Let's not bring back the Boss 302 or Mach 1. Let's make up some dumb names like Dark Horse, and make some track only versions called Dark Horse S and Dark Horse R.

These photos of the (regular Mustang) rear makes me want to puke!
2024_mustang_debut_016-jpg.1761580

2024_mustang_debut_009-jpg.1761573

That wingless gray one actually doesn't look terrible to me, from that angle, in that light, on this particular given day.

Users who are viewing this thread