new on here.....just got an mach 1

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
well im new on here...i previously owned a 2000 camaro ss...but got stolen an wrecked...:cuss::mj::(.....i leave in las vegas...an i bought me a 03 oxford white mach 1 with 12k miles on it 5 speed....but now i want to sell it...i bought it from original owner...

i want an 03/04 cobra or another ss.....

an hi to all you guys on here

Last edited:

203SBvert

Established Member
well im new on here...i previously owned a 2000 camaro ss...but got stolen an wrecked...:cuss::mj::(.....i leave in las vegas...an i bought me a 03 oxford white mach 1 with 12k miles on it 5 speed....but now i want to sell it...i bought it from original owner...

i want an 03/04 cobra or another ss.....

an hi to all you guys on here

Welcome!
Why the rush to sell so quickly?
You can always forge the internals and throw a blower on there...we weigh about 300 LBs less than 03/04 cobras so we have a pretty significant advantage already :D

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
Dont sell it man. This color is already rare and you can make it faster cause its already fast out the box.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
i dont kno..i like the car...an yea ive seen that to find a white mach is pretty hard...
but i dont feel it as fast as my old camaro ss...an it was stock...in felt like it had just
way more torque...

what kind of blower should i get if i do...
an idk i just like the cobras a lot more..... :) they look nice..an have a different sound with an exhaust than the mach's...both are great cars tho

semperfimrn1

Established Member
you have the engine like the cobra just throw the SC on it and your good to go. get some more bolt ons and tune with some gears and youd be set IMO

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
i want to do the louvers in the back an the rear deck flat black...what do u guys think an that piece that goes on the bottom of the bumper flat black too...

i saw some guy on here idk if its his car but its a red mach's pic with like louvers on the
back side windows....wear could i get those

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
you have the engine like the cobra just throw the SC on it and your good to go. get some more bolt ons and tune with some gears and youd be set IMO

Uh...not really.

OP - sounds like you weren't really interested in that car.

BTW - that mach is a drivers race with your old SS if Stock. I htink you jsut aren't used to it yet.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
Uh...not really.

OP - sounds like you weren't really interested in that car.

BTW - that mach is a drivers race with your old SS if Stock. I htink you jsut aren't used to it yet.

yea doesnt the cobra have forged internals, in machs dont....

i like the car just feels different...the car is really nice completely stock bought it from a 63 year old woman..that retired an came from montana...
the reason i wana sell it is to get me a cobra...i love how those thing
sound...but then again if i dont ima build this car up

cobra916

Established Member
i was in kinda the same boat as you.. i really love how a ss or ws6 look (other then the t tops) and you know that the motor is king of the hill when it comes too na.. but you have to remember that the ls1 rear ends are like glass and to get a proper one it will cost you about 3gs.. machs redline is 7k so they can take alot more gear to make up for the down on power.. my bone stock mach1 with 430s is neck and neck with a stock gear , stock ls2 gto in a roll race.. quartermile i would win.. cobras are wack for that money i would rather get a z06:D

cobra916

Established Member

i like the car just feels different...the car is really nice completely stock bought it from a 63 year old woman..that retired an came from montana...

if you want to boost then sell it.. mach1s should stay na

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

There's more to it than just forged internals, but that's the jist.

They do Feel different. THat's for sure. That's why Machs are so deceptive IMO. Get some real seat time in that car with a few mods and a dyno tune. If you still aren't too impressed, then get rid of it.

Oh, BTW - if you do alot of shifting/miles DD'ing, you might reconsider the Cobra. THe Clutch is not for everyone. Try to get some seat time in the Cobra too if you know someone and make your decision from there. Some guys have sold their machs for Cobra's and loved it. Some, hated it and got back into a mach. It comes down to personal opinion/taste. I had both at the same time and sold the cobra, kept the mach. Never regreted it. Not to say I don't miss the Cobra, but the mach was just more me. Then I got a P1SC mach......now THAT's the car I really miss.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
i was in kinda the same boat as you.. i really love how a ss or ws6 look (other then the t tops) and you know that the motor is king of the hill when it comes too na.. but you have to remember that the ls1 rear ends are like glass and to get a proper one it will cost you about 3gs.. machs redline is 7k so they can take alot more gear to make up for the down on power.. my bone stock mach1 with 430s is neck and neck with a stock gear , stock ls2 gto in a roll race.. quartermile i would win.. cobras are wack for that money i would rather get a z06:D

yup i loved the performance of my SS i use to have...when i test drove it i was like :uh oh::-D:bowdown: this is my type of car...but i got my car stolen at gun point an had no choice than to let it go :mj::( an its replace meant was goin to be a ss with lingenfelter heads, full exhaust, cam, full bolt ons, ls6 intake, 373 gears, moser axles an lot more goodies, pushin i believe 470 rwhp but they sold it, an another was goin to be a silver 03 cobra, but some guy gave him more than i was goin to give him....

but guess you guys are rite...well my car is exactly like my pic just without tinted windows...car is absolutly stock...no one has messed with anything...
so im prob goin to do exhaust like o/r upr or bassani x pipe, with hopefully borla stingers :uh oh::thumbsup: an do 5% tint all around :rockon:
with the rear deck honey comb panel

wat do u guys think

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
There's more to it than just forged internals, but that's the jist.

They do Feel different. THat's for sure. That's why Machs are so deceptive IMO. Get some real seat time in that car with a few mods and a dyno tune. If you still aren't too impressed, then get rid of it.

Oh, BTW - if you do alot of shifting/miles DD'ing, you might reconsider the Cobra. THe Clutch is not for everyone. Try to get some seat time in the Cobra too if you know someone and make your decision from there. Some guys have sold their machs for Cobra's and loved it. Some, hated it and got back into a mach. It comes down to personal opinion/taste. I had both at the same time and sold the cobra, kept the mach. Never regreted it. Not to say I don't miss the Cobra, but the mach was just more me. Then I got a P1SC mach......now THAT's the car I really miss.

an yes this car is for my dd...i dont have the money to have 2 cars...
im still in high school an cant be spending to much money...so yea...
an yes i do mess around a lot with the gears in it...love downshifting lol...

EVO-lution

Established Member
i dont kno..i like the car...an yea ive seen that to find a white mach is pretty hard...
but i dont feel it as fast as my old camaro ss...an it was stock...in felt like it had just
way more torque...

of course they do...the Cobras whine more than the Mach's:rolling:
They sound similar IMO. same sound just the motor builds are different...Minus the heads.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
of course they do...the Cobras whine more than the Mach's:rolling:
They sound similar IMO. same sound just the motor builds are different...Minus the heads.

im goin to see how i feel it after exhaust.......if i dont change my mine maybe do gears if i still dont then..ill try to sell it

203SBvert

Established Member
im goin to see how i feel it after exhaust.......if i dont change my mine maybe do gears if i still dont then..ill try to sell it

still in high school?
I got my mach 1 senior year (of high school), upgraded from a SLOW 94 5.0L mustang GT vert
When I bought it I thought it was the fastest thing out there haha, such a difference from the old GT
Then I drove my friends 03 cobra, and WOW
Although with just exhaust I used to beat my friends stock 2006 evo MR, even from a dig.
Mach 1s are no joke from the line. Plus they have a weight advantage and look better than cobras :D
I put up a good run against my friends 03, considering he put down 160hp MORE on the SAME dyno-->

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JuKSv9MGI&feature=related]YouTube - cobra vs. mach 1[/ame]

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
yea still in high school man...im currently working on majoring in auto collusion i work
with cars that were in accidents an fix them back up...i havent ran my mach, but i feel its
slow lol sorry no offence you guys, i had my

camaro ss my kill list i had, g35 type s, modified srt4, 08 mustang shelby gt-h, tide with a supra, old skoo porcshe, 2 05+ gt's, pulled on a c5 idk i think it was the driver, an on a audi s4, z28, an couple others i cant remeber

Users who are viewing this thread