new on here.....just got an mach 1

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
All it is currently is two different cars. One you are used too and one you aren't. SOTP feel means squat. Your SS may have felt quicker, but I can assure you, once you get some seat time and used to that mach......the ETs will be on par. Also, since your an fbod guy, one thing you should know, mustangs can be deceiving. Next time get on the highway and just cruise, then look down at your MPH. 9 of 10 times you'll be going faster than you think. Every stang I've owned has done that....even my 65. The right is much smoother (generally, not always) in stangs than Fbods. Not only that, the Fbod's have some nice TQ with the LS motor.

BTW - that is one sweet looking SS you had. Too bad it was taken away from you. GO to the mach1 registry, pick up a used SLP LM1 catback or BOrla Stingers. ONce you put those on and have the sound, you may start to think differently, just on that alone.

an thanx man...she WAS A BEAUT.....but sux what happened..

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
No problem....GOtta love a Black LS SS man. I wouldn't mind one parked next to my old AB mach, or a WS6 LS for that matter.:beer:

yea...i was goin to get a SOM ws6 for 13k there selling but its in cali:shrug:
an guy never replied its on craigslist...thing looks sick

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
Get the Borla Stingers and go with a good Off Road X-pipe. I have a Dr. Gas Off Road and man how good it sounds. I wasn't a fan of the UPR but I haven't heard a Pypes Off Road yet. The Borla's just give it a different sound and those 3" tips look great out the back. Just curious did you ever run the SS at the track? What times? With just exhaust, diablo tuner and a cold air kit and fats and skinnies my Mach went 12.60 @ 110. They are fun N/A with some bolt on mod's but they are even more fun with some boost. :rockon:

thats a sick lookin mach man...
what color is that comp. orange or tr...what kind of rims..want some for mine
i want either fr500 chrome black, or the ccw's

JOEY A

Established Member
yea doesnt the cobra have forged internals, in machs dont....

i like the car just feels different...the car is really nice completely stock bought it from a 63 year old woman..that retired an came from montana...
the reason i wana sell it is to get me a cobra...i love how those thing
sound...but then again if i dont ima build this car up

Speak proper english!

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
And this has what to do with the topic of the thread?? :shrug:

Sounds like someone needs a HUG or a kick in the NUTS! :p

oh my bad hadn't seen it lol haha :uh oh:

what are the mods....well im thinking of keeping the car, if i don't i plan on getting this 10th ann. black cobra, for 18k looks nice...but i don't know. im starting to like it performance wise :rockon::burnout:

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Just hold onto it for a while. I think youll like it after a few mods. I'd say midpipe, catback, gear, intake for a start

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
oh my bad hadn't seen it lol haha :uh oh:

what are the mods....well im thinking of keeping the car, if i don't i plan on getting this 10th ann. black cobra, for 18k looks nice...but i don't know. im starting to like it performance wise :rockon::burnout:

If you can get a deal on the Cobra then performance wise it will be the better bang for the buck. For a fun N/A car on the street or at the track. The MACH FTMFW! :beer:

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
im goin to lightly mod it...an after if im still unsatisfied ima sell it...well ima keep posting it
if i like an offer...it has to go lol :) an hello cobra or ss

BM1

Established Member
You made a dumbass purchase if you are trying to turn around and sell it. You won't turn a profit on it either with the market in its current state. You'll be lucky to break even.

Last edited:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Dont sell the Mach. A cobra is bad-ass but your mach can be just as bad or badder than a ported & pullied Termi. The Mach's are also Limited Edition unlike Termi's

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
i want to do the louvers in the back an the rear deck flat black...what do u guys think an that piece that goes on the bottom of the bumper flat black too...

i saw some guy on here idk if its his car but its a red mach's pic with like louvers on the
back side windows....wear could i get those

i think your talking about my car...
IMG_3415.jpg

i have no idea where you can get them they were on the car when i bought it but like everyone else is saying just hold on to the car for a while and you will change your mind. i have 2 friends that drive fast as hell cobra but i would take my roommates mach that has a built motor and a vortech over their cobras anyday. plus they made less machs then cobras and even less white ones so you already have one of the rarest new edge stangs. get some mods and then think about it P.S. mac exhaust FTMFW

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
i think your talking about my car...
IMG_3415.jpg

i have no idea where you can get them they were on the car when i bought it but like everyone else is saying just hold on to the car for a while and you will change your mind. i have 2 friends that drive fast as hell cobra but i would take my roommates mach that has a built motor and a vortech over their cobras anyday. plus they made less machs then cobras and even less white ones so you already have one of the rarest new edge stangs. get some mods and then think about it P.S. mac exhaust FTMFW

i want to do all u have except, the color of rims i want the chrome black, with
louvers, do you kno how i could find out the number your mach is or something like that...number of production...cuz i kno theres like a certificate for the cobra's that say what # they are

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
i have been wondering the same thing im sure it has something to do with your VIN and if your going to do louvers do the metal ones not the cheap plastic ones they were on the car when i bought it too and they went as soon as i got it home i think they look better w/o the louvers on the rear windows personally

Users who are viewing this thread