New Owner

age03

Established Member
Hi

After owning an 01 Bullitt for 6 years I’ve managed now to change it for a Cobra which I bought in February.
These thing don’t come along often in the UK, this was the first hard top I’d seen for sale in 2 years
So it’s an 03 in Silver, Canadian spec, all stock apart from a different pulley and Magnaflow exhaust, sounds much better than the Bullitt did and has a dyno chart reading of 428 bhp, done approx 30k miles. usual wiring alterations for the lights to make them legal here, so glad they already have the amber indicators at the back, everything else is as stock.
Had to buy some new headlights from a dealer while on holiday in Florida last month so I can actually see at night now, the others had been drilled to make a separate side light, which is the norm here, and consequently let moisture in and corroded very badly, I’ve not done that with the new ones and wired them back as original, as it’s a Canadian one and has daytime running lights I’m hoping I’ll get away with it.
Absolutely loving it at the moment, a big difference to the Bullitt in many ways although seems to be a hell of a lot worse on fuel than I thought it would be.
There’s a slight problem with the driver’s door mirror which I'll explain in the interior & exterior section on the sticky post.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Pics and to a new Terminator owner, welcome to the show!
No boost in 5th/6th,
Congrats

mysterio

Established Member
As a fellow former 01 Bullitt owner, congrats on the upgrade and welcome to the site.

Are you 'English Bob' from imboc.com ?

age03

Established Member
Welcome to the jungle.
So what can keep up with you?

Not very much really, the fast Audis & BMW's like the RS6, M5 etc will be hard to beat but the Cobra will keep up with most of the European cars on the road here, other than the German stuff the faster Aston Martins are a bit quicker but all the above are easily 4-5 times as much to buy.

age03

Established Member
Here's a few pictures as requested, finally managed to sort out how to upload pictures.

The other car is my son's 1983 Ford Capri.

Will upload some more when I find them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations and getting your Cobra, and welcome to SVTP. You're going to love the car. Trust me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread