New Owner

sky1

Established Member
For Christmas my wife bought me a new 2011 Shelby GT500.Its red with the white strips,and has the PP.I have 200 miles on it now and I love it.I have had no problems with it shifting,I mean its alittle stiff when cold,but no different then when I had my Z06.I have owned alot of Mustangs,but this is my first Shelby.I ordered the suspension kit from Ford Motorsport,it is supposed to lower the car 1.25 inches and comes with struts,shocks,springs,swaybars,and hardware.I think overall its just a great driving car,and am looking forward to alot of miles with smiles.:beer:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Let me get this strait .....your wife bought you a new 2011 GT 500. YOU SIR ARE A VERY LUCKY MAN.....Oh and dose she have any sisters? Have fun with the new car. (spoiled):bash::burnout:

realm187

Vaporized
Established Member
Now thats a christmas gift. Congrats. When the transmissions cold, mine does the same thing. Its wierd, but goes away after a couple of shifts. You sir have a wonderful wife. :rockon:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
My wife bought me mine also back in Nov '08....welcome to the club!!! She was just as excited when the car arrived as I was.(Shipped from Ohio to Texas) And yes we are lucky!!!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Man I need to get married lol. So why would you get the PP package and then go straight to an aftermarket suspension. Great wife though better make sure you keep that one

sky1

Established Member
Thanks all,and yes I have a great wife.Of course she loves the car too,and likes to go cruise in the twisties.The two biggest reasons I got the PP with the Shelby was the wheels and 3.73 rear gear,and with me living in the smokies it is just nice to have a Shelby alittle more focused on curvy roads.

I used to own a 06 Z06 that was highly modified from aero to motor(565rwhp,NA)and it was an awesome car,and I know the Shelby is not going to handle like the Z06,but for the street,the Shelby is just a fun car to drive,and if I want to get serious I have a Ducati that i can go crazy with.

I was going to order the 2.9 whipple supercharger kit from Ford motorsport and have the dealership install it,but the dealership said that I would have no warrenty at all,and my wife decided that for now we will leave it alone to keep the warrenty.:beer:

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Who needs a warranty. Sounds like you have the money for it. Go ahead the motor's not going anywhere. Keep it around 700rwhp and you will be good. She will really smile once you go through the gears being whippled charged. Feel just like the vette again on the straights lol

sky1

Established Member
Found out my suspension I ordered for my 11 GT500 is on back order from my dealer,so who knows how long that is going to be,oh well.:shrug:

The part number is M-FR3-MSVTA in the FPP catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread