New PB 9.43@151 MT-82

Deespeed99

Established Member
Do you know how heavy a roll cage is?

I took out some weight but I added a lot back in. Dash,doors, power windows, center console, 2 seats, all interior panels, rear seat delete,windows, etc are in car
Looking in car if you don't know the ac isn't on it you can't tell. It has a 8.50 cage and I generally keep 3/4 tank gas in it to keep it hooking.

3570 with me

Nice! Got any pictures of the cage? I've been looking for ideas for a 10 point that's install cleanly. Beefcakes looked nice but haven't seen too many others.

qcksnake

Established Member
I would love to see pics of the motiva kit installed

Check out their website, I have pics of mine, but my kit is the beta teat kit. Fit is top notch,performance as well. Here is mine but again the production kit is nicer.
IMG_20130614_203227_474_zps7aadf815.jpg
That motiva kit is nice. Only problem is that it's ridiculously expensive..
Have you called and priced it or are you just going off what you seen on internet?
Do a small comparison of what's included in the base kit vs other offerings, examine the setup and do some research on proper turbo sizing and wastegate placement and then see what comes up on top.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Check out their website, I have pics of mine, but my kit is the beta teat kit. Fit is top notch,performance as well. Here is mine but again the production kit is nicer.

Have you called and priced it or are you just going off what you seen on internet?
Do a small comparison of what's included in the base kit vs other offerings, examine the setup and do some research on proper turbo sizing and wastegate placement and then see what comes up on top.

twinturbo50.com kit will be about $2,000.00 less expensive. What differences have you noticed between the two? I understand their kit hasn't been released yet.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member

I looked on their site but couldnt find any pics

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I looked on their site but couldnt find any pics

Stang TV Motiva Kooks Turbo

Some of the differences I can see between TT50.com and this kit, ball bearing Garrett turbos are standard on the Motiva. TT50.com kit will include journal bearing Magnum turbos. The wastegates are also positioned differently on the TT50.com kit. Another difference, Motiva is air to air intercooler, TT50 is air to water heat exchanger/intercooler.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
Stang TV Motiva Kooks Turbo

Some of the differences I can see between TT50.com and this kit, ball bearing Garrett turbos are standard on the Motiva. TT50.com kit will include journal bearing Magnum turbos. The wastegates are also positioned differently on the TT50.com kit. Another difference, Motiva is air to air intercooler, TT50 is air to water heat exchanger/intercooler.

Its a matter of preference though. CPR's kit comes with a lot of extras too but its 2-3k under the cost of all of twin turbo kits but some people dont like singles.

qcksnake

Established Member
Its a matter of preference though. CPR's kit comes with a lot of extras too but its 2-3k under the cost of all of twin turbo kits but some people dont like singles.

The single can only do so much, exhaust downpipe routing for a street car becomes an issue when u really start making power, not to mention the single can be really lazy on a manual if you get backside sized right to make good power. Its cheaper for a reason.

Here are interior pics of my car so u can see it isn't a gutted race box
IMG_20131009_130431_050_zps56dfc5c2.jpg

IMG_20131009_130404_490_zpseb9b14e3.jpg

IMG_20131009_130441_041_zps2362e8a9.jpg

That's co2 bottle behind passenger seat

Deespeed99

Established Member
The single can only do so much, exhaust downpipe routing for a street car becomes an issue when u really start making power, not to mention the single can be really lazy on a manual if you get backside sized right to make good power. Its cheaper for a reason.

Here are interior pics of my car so u can see it isn't a gutted race box
IMG_20131009_130431_050_zps56dfc5c2.jpg

IMG_20131009_130404_490_zpseb9b14e3.jpg

IMG_20131009_130441_041_zps2362e8a9.jpg

That's co2 bottle behind passenger seat

Thanks for the pictures!! Super clean install on that cage!!! Who did the work. PM cost if you could.

CameronVic

Established Member
Engine is pretty simple, I put it together, boss cams, ported heads, Manley pistons,03 cobra rods.
First of of, holy crap! That's getting it done for a manual car! 119 in the 8th is crazy

I did not realize 4.6 and 5.0 shared the same stroke until just now. Interesting! What piston (part number) did you go with? I'm gonna convince a buddy that we should do this to his since he wants to turn it up! And what ring gap did you go with?

Did you just buy some used rods off corral, throw some new bearings in, and slam it together? or did you have a machine shop build it?

Last edited:

CPRsm

Just some food for thought. A single 5in down pipe is larger in volume than dual 3in. Every TT kit runs 3in.
Who manufactures the kit, is something to think about when talking about cost. When a company has a kit built for them and marks it up for resale, it will cost more than buying manufacturer direct. A kit being a single, isn't a "reason" it's cheaper. So a lot of people confuse quality or design with end retailer markup.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice slips! Mt82 and truetrac holding together for you. Any tips/tricks you can give someone who has busted both? lol

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Do you know how heavy a roll cage is?

I took out some weight but I added a lot back in. Dash,doors, power windows, center console, 2 seats, all interior panels, rear seat delete,windows, etc are in car
Looking in car if you don't know the ac isn't on it you can't tell. It has a 8.50 cage and I generally keep 3/4 tank gas in it to keep it hooking.

3570 with me

Very impressive for a stick car man!!!! The weight reduction helps as well. I just ran a [email protected] but my car with me in it is around 4K lbs. and its an auto. Very nice man!!!:beer:

D.T.R

Established Member
Just some food for thought. A single 5in down pipe is larger in volume than dual 3in. .

How does that compute?
I've been always wondering that, and meant to ask you before.
What's also the difference in volume? how much more does one 5" DP flows over two 3" ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread