New ride and pics

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
Sold my M3. I missed my 03 Cobra that I had before it, and picked this baby up. It runs great with low miles on the 2004. Already did a couple small mods to it. I have a couple questions after the pics hopefully someone here can help out with.
dsc01094zo7.jpg

dsc01093hf0.jpg

dsc01095bk2.jpg

dsc01097tl4.jpg

dsc01107gs8.jpg

dsc01106oy5.jpg

dsc01115iw9.jpg

1. The speedo seems to stick at 70mph. I noticed while on the freeway it felt as if I was going a heck of a lot faster than the speedo reading of 70mph so I slowed down, watched the speedo drop, and sped up. I noticed it would hold in the 70mph position for a second or two as I speeding up quickly and not move at a normal accelerating rate. It goes over 70mph but not smoothly. Is there a fix for this?

2. When changing the engine oil, Vortechs webpage says, "When changing your oil, remove and clean the oil inlet fitting and strainer." Where is this located at?

3. Every so often while giving the car enough gas to gain boost from the blower, the car will feel like the boost is lightly missing on and off feeling like a very soft hesitation. I have no experience with these type of blowers coming form an 03 cobra the boost was handled differently and felt differently.

makevelie187

Established Member
wooh sick! my friend has a mach in same color i always loved the mach1s in the orange!! did the previous owner had those same rims/ tires on it? you must slide everywhere!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
#1 get rid of the cobra jet thingy.... lolz not feeling it otherwise its a hot car!
#2 the boost comes gradually not instant like your old car with the roots style eblower
#3 what kinda gear is it running?

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
yeah the previous owner had those stock wheels and tires on it. first thing I am doing is getting new wheels and tires. the car is tough to drive in the rain this week. slipping all over the place. stock gears.

BM1

Established Member
You don't need to clean the oil inlet fitting or the strainer, but they're located on the blower where the feed line connects if you feel like doing it. It's not a good idea to take that piece on and off if you have the brass fittings as they like to start leaking. Switch to stainless if you plan to make a habit of taking it off and putting it back on.

I would definitely put the car on the dyno to get the tune checked if you have hesitation or boost problems. You can probably find out if you have a boost leak or a tune problem from that. Make sure the fittings are tight around the bypass valve as well since that could be leaking.

Check your spark plugs to make sure they're the appropriate heat range and gap. I run NGK TR6 gapped at .030, but I use methanol so your gap may not need to be that tight.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice ride! I would take it to a tuner to make sure the car has a safe tune on it. You can never be too careful....

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
You don't need to clean the oil inlet fitting or the strainer, but they're located on the blower where the feed line connects if you feel like doing it. It's not a good idea to take that piece on and off if you have the brass fittings as they like to start leaking. Switch to stainless if you plan to make a habit of taking it off and putting it back on.

I would definitely put the car on the dyno to get the tune checked if you have hesitation or boost problems. You can probably find out if you have a boost leak or a tune problem from that. Make sure the fittings are tight around the bypass valve as well since that could be leaking.

Check your spark plugs to make sure they're the appropriate heat range and gap. I run NGK TR6 gapped at .030, but I use methanol so your gap may not need to be that tight.

thanks. i want to have it dynoed to see what kinda HP its putting down. hopefully they can see if there is any issues.

BM1

Established Member
I just noticed something... Is that a non-IUP car? Talk about rare if so.

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
I just noticed something... Is that a non-IUP car? Talk about rare if so.

good point. i was wondering why i didnt have the metal pedals and other upgrades iv seen in machs

interior upgrade package.

The Interior Upgrade Package (18G) includes:
* Aluminum finish door lock posts
* Center finish panel - grey metallic paint
* Shifter bezel - grey metallic paint
* Aluminum finish shift boot trim ring
* Stainless steel foot rest assembly
* Stainless steel pedals
* GT leather shift knob (Mach 1 keeps aluminum shift knob)
* 4-Way head restraint (Up/down/tilt forward and back)

From Mustang Source
Mach1Int2.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice car.Lose the Cobra Jet emblem!Like others mention,get it to the tuner to make sure everything is ok,timing,a/f,etc.Good Luck w/her.

Users who are viewing this thread