New Seats

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
No sillier than running track events on a bike.

It's a ragtop, R-A-G-T-O-P, i.e. a roadster. If I had wanted a bunch of steel over my head, I'd have bought a coupe.

Thank you for the spelling of ragtop as I was not quite sure how to spell it.
At least in a vert as opposed to a bike you have steel around you but like you said not over your head.
I hope you continue to enjoy your car and never test the integrity of the wind shield frame if you happen to go over.:nonono:

RoyWoods

Established Member
At least in a vert as opposed to a bike you have steel around you but like you said not over your head.
I hope you continue to enjoy your car and never test the integrity of the wind shield frame if you happen to go over.:nonono:

:pop:

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for the sequel to “sunburned.” :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Taz

Established Member

Always nice to hear from the Safety Nazi contingent. That kind of reasoning is exactly why we can no longer buy ladders without 14 warning stickers, or extension cords without a half-dozen caution tags stuck along their lengths, etc, etc

Life is risk and people die. If I cash it in on the road course, at least it will be doing something that I love to do.

And, at least until the Nanny Government takes complete control of our lives, as property of The State, that is my prerogative.

Now go away and crusade for safer stepladders.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Always nice to hear from the Safety Nazi contingent. That kind of reasoning is exactly why we can no longer buy ladders without 14 warning stickers, or extension cords without a half-dozen caution tags stuck along their lengths, etc, etc

Life is risk and people die. If I cash it in on the road course, at least it will be doing something that I love to do.

And, at least until the Nanny Government takes complete control of our lives, as property of The State, that is my prerogative.

Now go away and crusade for safer stepladders.

There is a difference between being a "safety nazi" and exercising common sense.
I hope your driving skills are as consistant as you being a constant jerk in your responses.

Taz

Established Member
There is a difference between being a "safety nazi" and exercising common sense.
I hope your driving skills are as consistant as you being a constant jerk in your responses.

This thread is about the seats. Let me spell that for you S-E-A-T-S.

This thread is NOT about how dangerous it is to drive the track without a roll bar or how irresponsible I am or what a jerk I am or how good your sister is in bed.

If you want to stay on topic and discuss the seats, let's talk. Otherwise, Go away.

Juruense

Banned
Those seats are ****ing beautiful! :banana:

236158.jpg

lifter213

Established Member
Looks good. Why is this in the Terminator section though :shrug:

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
The seats look great. I assume you had them recovered or does Recaro offer them that way?

Recaro offers them this way, but they must be special-ordered, and that adds to the lead time.

I did have a local shop recover the back seat to match. At least the sample in the catalog looked like it was going to match. It didn't.

Fortunately Recaro sells extra hides to match the seats, and my shop has just received a couple of those, so my back seat should be ready to reinstall on Friday.

I left the passenger side headrest with the shop this time to ensure we had a good color match when the Recaro material arrived. I have been told that the hides match the headrest perfectly.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Recaro offers them this way, but they must be special-ordered, and that adds to the lead time.

I did have a local shop recover the back seat to match. At least the sample in the catalog looked like it was going to match. It didn't.

Fortunately Recaro sells extra hides to match the seats, and my shop has just received a couple of those, so my back seat should be ready to reinstall on Friday.

I left the passenger side headrest with the shop this time to ensure we had a good color match when the Recaro material arrived. I have been told that the hides match the headrest perfectly.

Wow nice seats....to think you probably pissed off or insulted more people on this T-H-R-E-A-D than your car holds.

Taz

Established Member
Did you ever say what those seats cost?

No. Nobody asked, but the prices are as follows:

Style Toplines vary in price, depending on the covering you select. If you want them in all leather, like mine (various colors available), they run $1700 each. Figure on another $100 to $150 each for shipping.

The seats are less expensive with various other fabric options. Also, if you don't want the vent/heat system or the electric recline feature, you can opt for the Style Sportline seats and save a few hundred bucks there.

The above pricing is for just the seats. To that you need to add a set of Recaro sliders for each seat at $100 per set

A pair of mounting bases from Wedge Engineering, along with adapters for the Recaros, will run you about $300. And if you're really fussy, getting the shaker can gloss black paint stripped off the Wedge parts and replaced with good powdercoating will set you back another $100.

The Schroth Rallye 3 harnesses run about $150 per side, give or take.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Nice seats Taz! I wish you would have PM'ed us first as we could have saved you some $$$ vs the prices your posted.

One thing that does interest me is that we use Wedge brackets as well and they are definitely powdercoated. Did you but the brackets from Speedware of from Wedge directly? No need to get in an argument about them but unless we need brackets REALLY quick they should have been powdercoated.

Users who are viewing this thread