New Shelby GT350R or New GTR - same price

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for the replies to my thread. Not surprised to see a great deal of passion.

I like both cars a great deal. That being said the closest road coarse to me is 3 hours away.

I believe the GTR has more of what I am looking for in my next car.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the replies to my thread. Not surprised to see a great deal of passion.

I like both cars a great deal. That being said the closest road coarse to me is 3 hours away.

I'll be curious to see how many GT350R owners actually will track their car. From what I've read in the past, it's not cheap to (road)track a car.

Sirraf

Established Member
I'll be curious to see how many GT350R owners actually will track their car. From what I've read in the past, it's not cheap to (road)track a car.

About as many that track their cars now. 2-3%.

Wildman113

Established Member

Are you going to wait for the GT350R to arrive at dealers so you can drive both?

That way so you really see which car suits you better. As with any vehicle, numbers alone don't tell the whole story.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Gtr is a better car no matter how Wildman wants to spin it. For the money with no adm, sure I'll take a gt350. But comparing both cars heads up it wouldnt even be close. The gtr is 10 sec capable stock since what 2012? That isn't even it's main purpose. The gt350r is a good track car but it's still not in the same league as a similar year gtr. Please don't use gtr models from yesteryear to support your weak argument wildman.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The GT350 will not "have it's hands full" against a 1LE Camaro, it's been benchmarked against the Z/28 for obvious reasons. And how quickly you forget that the Z/28 whooped the shit out of the GT-R at Barber Motorsports Park
First a big LMAO!!!!
2nd... The Z/28 was based on the older gen Camaro, Ford is putting up against the older Camaro. Not sure If you knew or seen but the new base SS is already putting better numbers than the older 1LE and not too far from last gens Z/28, you know, the one that the GT350 was benchmarked against...

I don't like the gtr but let's not turn rhetoric into facts.
The z28 lost to the gtr and turbo s on the same wet cold track. After tuning and warmer dryer track the z28 ran again. The gtr and s did not.
GTR 1 Z28 0
The GTR did beat the Z28 on the same track same year at Vir.
GTR 2 Z28 0
:loser::kaboom:
And of course the Corvette Z06 is the fastest production car ever tested at C&D's Lightning Lap at VIR:

Car & Driver Lightning Lap 2015

And yet the Corvette is $50,000 less than a GT-R. So much for "whooping on American and Exotic cars for a low price" :rollseyes
Lol the GT-R didn't arrive yesterday lol When it first came in the US, it did whoop on them and funny thing, the Z06 was never in their agenda, Porsche was. That Corvette is not "$50,000" less than a GT-R. It's a new gen Z06 vs an older updated GT-R that gave the more expensive ZR1 run for its money.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Are you going to wait for the GT350R to arrive at dealers so you can drive both?

That way so you really see which car suits you better. As with any vehicle, numbers alone don't tell the whole story.

They won't let anybody test drive the 350R.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
First a big LMAO!!!!
2nd... The Z/28 was based on the older gen Camaro, Ford is putting up against the older Camaro. Not sure If you knew or seen but the new base SS is already putting better numbers than the older 1LE and not too far from last gens Z/28, you know, the one that the GT350 was benchmarked against...

:loser::kaboom:

Lol the GT-R didn't arrive yesterday lol When it first came in the US, it did whoop on them and funny thing, the Z06 was never in their agenda, Porsche was. That Corvette is not "$50,000" less than a GT-R. It's a new gen Z06 vs an older updated GT-R that gave the more expensive ZR1 run for its money.

I'm interested to see the new camaro 1le handle better than the brand new c7 z51 let alone the old z28.
Or maybe you do think the camaro 1le will corner like the 130k 991 gt3.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Curious to the retro GTR lovers. What do you not like about the new one? Is it the cosmetics? Not sure how you could not like the powerplant.

My group had some of the first GTRs in the area when they first came out and they were used by companies to develop aftermarket parts. Back then they were new in the market and not a lot of people had them. The other GTR owners were a great bunch of people and everyone helped every body. Now GTRs are a dime a dozen and most the owners are total douches. I don't mean to offend GTR owners on this site. Maybe it is just in my area but they have a really bad reputation. I am not taking away from the fact that they are fast straight from the factory but unfortunately its greatest achievements are also its downfall. It doesn't take any skill to drive a GTR fast so that might be part of the reason a lot of car guys dislike them.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'm interested to see the new camaro 1le handle better than the brand new c7 z51 let alone the old z28.
Or maybe you do think the camaro 1le will corner like the 130k 991 gt3.
Could probably corner like the GT3 car games :thumbsup: Might be it or might not but if its following the new Gen numbers, I'm sure if will put great numbers. I'm sure it will give GT350 a good run and the new gen? Z28 topping the GT350R. Of course I could be very wrong and the GT350 be a great handling car.

But like I said, there are no official times for it at the moment. The rest have already put a name in it, the GT350 hasn't. The nea Mustang GT while performing better, still came short vs the competition

Wildman113

Established Member
Gtr is a better car no matter how Wildman wants to spin it. For the money with no adm, sure I'll take a gt350. But comparing both cars heads up it wouldnt even be close. The gtr is 10 sec capable stock since what 2012? That isn't even it's main purpose. The gt350r is a good track car but it's still not in the same league as a similar year gtr. Please don't use gtr models from yesteryear to support your weak argument wildman.

Considering the fact that the GT350R hasn't even set any track times yet, your entire post is a bunch of speculation and nonsense.

If you think the GT-R is "better", good for you; however that doesn't make it a fact in the least bit.

Wildman113

Established Member
First a big LMAO!!!!

You must seriously be 16 years old with all your "LMAO" and "LOL" nonsense. Grow up.

The GT-R never "whooped" on anything. You are simply full of excuses as to why it loses to better cars that cost less.

The top model 2015 Corvette, which is the Z06, has a base price is $79,400. The top model 2015 GT-R, which is the GT-R NISMO, has a base price of 149,990. The Corvette costs almost half as much, yet it dominates the GT-R on the track.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
My group had some of the first GTRs in the area when they first came out and they were used by companies to develop aftermarket parts. Back then they were new in the market and not a lot of people had them. The other GTR owners were a great bunch of people and everyone helped every body. Now GTRs are a dime a dozen and most the owners are total douches. I don't mean to offend GTR owners on this site. Maybe it is just in my area but they have a really bad reputation. I am not taking away from the fact that they are fast straight from the factory but unfortunately its greatest achievements are also its downfall. It doesn't take any skill to drive a GTR fast so that might be part of the reason a lot of car guys dislike them.

i see a lot of old men driving GTRs now. it's turning into the Japanese Corvette

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You must seriously be 16 years old with all your "LMAO" and "LOL" nonsense. Grow up.

The GT-R never "whooped" on anything. You are simply full of excuses as to why it loses to better cars that cost less.

The top model 2015 Corvette, which is the Z06, has a base price is $79,400. The top model 2015 GT-R, which is the GT-R NISMO, has a base price of 149,990. The Corvette costs almost half as much, yet it dominates the GT-R on the track.

Did you really just compare a base Z06 to a top of the line GTR? Yeah there's no bias in that statement. :lol1:

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I take it I hit a nerve? :loser:

So ignore the rest of the other post? Go back to 2009 when it first debuted hence the history thing, are you always this ignorant? You're worse than a women.

Last I recall, the Nismo was faster in the Ring, was faster in Motor Trends lap test head to head. Hmmmm yup.. It Dominated alright... Once again, I said that Corvette (the one from the test aka Fully loaded) was not 50k cheaper than the GTR. The NISMO GT-R is a different story, you know the top model and not base GT-R.... Do you also go as far as confusing the Cobra with a base model Mustang?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
i see a lot of old men driving GTRs now. it's turning into the Japanese Corvette

It is the total opposite down here. Young, skinny jean, sideways flat bill hat, huge diva sunglass wearing, tiny man syndrome, mommy and daddy bought my car for me dick bags. I like wearing this shirt when I go to import car meets as a way to throw sand in their vaginas 8eed1c395ede657f11a7995b55473425.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Why?
Is just another supped up track ready Mustang at the end of the day.
Not like its a damn Ferrari Enzo or something.

Well considering you won't find one on the lot... And it's pretty common sense that no dealer will allow random test drives of a 350r. I doubt any normal 350's will even be allowed to go for a 'test drive

Sirraf

Established Member

Wildman, what do you drive? Have you ever owned a C6Z, GTR, GT350, or any other cars you are claiming are better than the next? I don't understand all the hate for a car you probably haven't even sat in, much less driven.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I just don't like the look of the GTR. I know everything performance wise will be in the GTR's corner, but, walking out in my garage I'd rather see the GT350r. If I liked how it looked, for the exact same price, I'd get the GTR probably. Might be some homerism in that but not everything is about performance. I can understand people going for the GTR though.

Users who are viewing this thread