New Shifter, Does it make a difference???

Do you use stock or after market shifter

• Aftermarket

Votes: 132 79.5%
  • Stock Shifter

Votes: 34 20.5%

• Total voters

car737

Money to Blow
Established Member
Im looking at putting a different shifter in my 03 Cobra. My shifter is a little stiff and isnt the easiest to shift. I am looking at putting in a Steeda's T-56 Tri-Ax. Anyone have any pros or cons... any out there people really like

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I have had the Steeda Triax and now the MGW. My preference goes towards the MGW. The steeda is nice but very loud ( freeway speeds mostly) and notchy.

MGW shifts butter smooth and is and EXTEMELY quiet....................

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
saleen09 said:
I have had the Steeda Triax and now the MGW. My preference goes towards the MGW. The steeda is nice but very loud ( freeway speeds mostly) and notchy.

MGW shifts butter smooth and is and EXTEMELY quiet....................

i have a pro 50...shifts great but i keep hearing good abou tthe mgw. im so used to the pro i dunno if i could change.....

oh yea....STOCK SUCKS :lol:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Steeda Tri-Ax here but it's a bit loud! I can go for something else but spending the money on another shifter right now is pointless....maybe a little later on when I have nothing else to do. My vote would be to get the MGW.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I did hear that if you even buy the MGW handle and use it with the stock shifter it makes a world of difference. SVTDubs probably has the highest HP Cobra (Kenne Bell, N20) on the board and he still uses the stock shifter, I believe!

Last edited:

Snake40

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Steeda Tri-Ax here but it's a bit loud! I can go for something else but spending the money on another shifter right now is pointless....maybe a little later on when I have nothing else to do. My vote would be to get the MGW.

Same here but will probably get the MGW pretty soon.STOCK SUCKS

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had the TriAx and while it was okay, if I were to do it again I would have gone with the Pro 5.0. Since I sell them I would have given myself a nice discount. LOL!

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I've gotta Tri-ax right now, but I think I'm gonna get an MGW, because I've never heard anything bad abou them. I like the adjustable handle too.

astippich

Established Member
It too have the pro 5.0 + mgw handle w/cobra bob's gasket set. I like it alot. I am however interested in the mgw shifter with all the good things I've heard about them.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
another vote for the mgw/red handle. this is the most quality shifter out there, no more noise than stock with very positive short throw shifts.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Where do you get a MGW shifter. I won $400 on the SB and looking to buy a new shifter. I am 6'4". I need the seat all the way back and tilted down abit to fit in my car comfortable. I am thinking the red.

I got the bug. Just got the exhaust on Friday, Now I am going to go see about a tune and Pulley's.

Users who are viewing this thread