New Times With 3" Exhaust and Off-Roads...

ALLNTRL

Established Member
If the sound is all that your worried about then go ahead and order that sucker up!!! I got to see and hear Rob's car this weekend in person at the 03' shootout and it was by far the best sounding 03' I have heard!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Someone had described it as a cross between the Borla's and the Bassani and after hearing it I agree. It has got a nice idle to it, loud enough to hear the car but not loud enough to draw UNwanted attention or be annoying. Race the car up and it's got a very exotic sound (characteristic of the X-pipe and a Borla XR-1/Bassani type muffler) again, it's loud enough to get you noticed but not loud enough to be annoying and this IS with the off-road X!!! But, with that 3" when you raced it up the sound it made just "SCREAMED" This car was making some serious power!! Now, as for WOT, it sounds just flat out WICKED!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm telling you guys if you want a AWESOME sounding exhaust system that makes some Great power the choice should be pretty easy, QMP! :coolman: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blackcobra

Established Member
According to this thread, the group purchase on Rob's 3" exhaust ends today. Is anyone aware of any new details, such as sound files? Is the GP still supposed to end today? I e-mailed Rob but I assume he is very busy with getting back to business post-Bowling Green (where he flew!).

kom

Established Member
Today was the last day to get in on the group purchase. They will start building them tomorrow. On the phone he said that he had a bunch on orders today. Everyone waited till the last minute. I prdered today because i was waiting for the sound files but unfortunately none were posted. So I figured I'd take a chance. If I don't like it I can always sell it and get soething else...

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by kom
So I figured I'd take a chance. If I don't like it I can always sell it and get soething else...
Don't let your order worry you, TRUST ME your car will sound AWESOME with Rob's exhaust (plus you will gain some BIG power), you WON'T be disappointed!!!! :thumbsup: I'm telling you guys his car ROCKED!!! :beer:

SilverY2KGT

Established Member
Originally posted by SilverY2KGT
For all wondering how the exhaust sounds, in my opinion its a wonderful sound. Very tame at cruising speeds and sounds just plain wicked sounding at WOT. Best I can descreibe it is a combination of Borla and Bassani, if that makes any sense. Surprisingly enough its honestly not that loud though, its quieter then my Blown GT with MAC LTs, O/R H, and 3 Chamber Cat-back. I just wish the fit and finish of my Exhaust was as nice as Robs set-up. :??:

I tried to catch Rob this weekend, but didn't. If I get a chance I'll call him Monday and see it he wants me to drop by with my Laptop and get some clips of the exhaust. You guys need to hear this thing. :-D

No body ever listens to the guy with the GT.... :-D Told you it sounded unbelievable.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
once again i am too late... it seems i missed this purchased, can someone pm me robs website?
thanks

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
do u guys think that a chip will be needed if my onlyperformance mods are Rob's exhuast and a densecharger unit?
thanks

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
do u guys think that a chip will be needed if my onlyperformance mods are Rob's exhuast and a densecharger unit?
thanks

That should not need a chip. That is basically what I am doing now except I am going with the UPR CAI because it has a bigger air filter and putting in NGK plugs.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
thanks, for the info, could you pm me his website so i can take a look at the system before calling him, thanks
pd: do u think this system alone will give us better hp gains than the bassani kit?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I can't wait to get mine and will dyno later, but I am concerned that Rob has taken down the site.

haskett

Established Member
I hope some of you trailblazers post before and after dyno runs, and impressions on noise and drone. Early indications are that this is great system, but I'd like to see some real-world results with off-the-shelf products (ie- not one-of-the-kind chips). :beer:

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I was hoping the tips would be longer back into the car so they looked better from the side. I will see how it looks when it comes in. I hope they sound good and not to loud I actually finally got use to the sound of the 03 Stock I swear it has gotten louder.

coleman

Established Member
twern't i...

aren't the exhausts already being built?
please post if you get yours in w/ pics! ... i'll do the same, but i didn't finally order 'til later.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I don't think they will be ready to ship until next Monday so I don't expect mine until at least the following monday the 21st. Hopefully it comes sooner because I am not good at waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread