New tv!!

kuruma

Established Member
So I finally did it. I got me an hdtv. Let me say, that OMG! best purchase for the house ever. Video games play great, no laggy feel. the picture is so clear. Coming from a 24" regular tube tv. this is wonderous.

40" samsung sorry for the crappy cell phone pic and the mess around the tv, i just put it up
0724081319yc7.jpg

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Right on dude. I had to buy a new one recently aswell. Went with the Toshiba Regza 52".
Is yours 1080p?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
looks killer man, i cant wait to upgrade from my vizio 27" 1080i to a 42"+

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Nice man! I've got me the Samsung PN50A550 50" Plasma...not bad for a college student paid for by me. If i were you......actually im telling you!...go over to avsforum.com and read up on your tv and readjust your settings to the ones people have posted over there. Firstly you need to get it off Vivid or Dynamic...its horrible!!! Most people that have their sets properly calibrated or know what their doing have it on Movie with all different settings for different TV's. If you need any more help just let me know and i'd be glad to help!

kuruma

Established Member
It is 1080p. If anyone is interested its an LN40A550.

And I'll definately head over to that forum to make sure the settings are right. The dudes at the store were like "we can calibrate it for you for 150$" i said um, no thx i'll read info instead.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
The HDTV is a totally different experience from the projection televisions of the past. Our 52" BIG screen projection unit sits in the bedroom now and never gets used due to the picture being TERRIBLE compared to the 50" Panasonic 1080P plasma we have in the living room. Congrats on the new television man!!! :beer:

Also, get a Blu-Ray player or PS3 and watch some movies. The Planet Earth series is so amazing. ;-)

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
Yea, I just got a 50" 1080p, I had a 47" 1080i and the P is amazing!!
Make sure you use a GOOD HDMI cable with your cable box/satellite box, it makes a world of a difference!

kuruma

Established Member
I was debating on getting a ps3 for the blueray. but I cant seem to justify spending that much for a video player. I mean I'll just wait till they come out and be cheap like dvd players are. Will be a year or maybe a little longer but I have FIOS at home and the picture is incredible.

You guys should post up some of your sets. I'm so into tv's right now lol. But then again i picked it up at 12 today.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Make sure you use a GOOD HDMI cable with your cable box/satellite box, it makes a world of a difference!

+1,000,000 There are many cheap HDMI cables out there, but there is a difference from what I've been told. Mine came in at $100 and the picture from the PS3 Blu-Ray player is simply amazing.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
There's almost slightly to no difference. Holy shit! You spent $100 on an HDMI cable?? How long ago did you buy it? Take it back now if you can!! www.monoprice.com is your friend....your welcome haha

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Looks great i have the same one, samsung 50inch 1080p plasma bought an 8$ hdmi cable on the net and it looks 10x better..

O4COBRA

Established Member
Nice. I picked up a LN52A650 myself when I bought my house 2 months ago. Couldn't pass up no interest for 30 months and $1300 off the retail price...

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
I was debating on getting a ps3 for the blueray. but I cant seem to justify spending that much for a video player. I mean I'll just wait till they come out and be cheap like dvd players are. Will be a year or maybe a little longer but I have FIOS at home and the picture is incredible.

You guys should post up some of your sets. I'm so into tv's right now lol. But then again i picked it up at 12 today.

You got it:
IMG_0398.jpg

Hmm. Guess that's the only pic I have of it. I think that was taken shortly after I got it. I don't live there anymore. I'll get a newer pic up this evening. Man was the room messy... Haha

42" LG LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread