New unprecedented Georgia gun law

Blown 89

Established Member
lets be realistic here, no one is going to some dingy bar to get a diet coke. :poke:
There are two bars locally that I frequent and carry in. Both have amazing food. Both I've had to defend my wife from a drunk attacker. The first time was a football fan who walked up out of the blue and yelled at her and shoved her to the sidewalk simply because she was wearing a Vikings shirt and his team just beat them (we were getting carded at the door...hadn't had any contact with him yet). The other bar just two weeks ago some shit head I triangled at RITC wanted another go of it and took it out on my wife when I ignored him. I wasn't drinking in either instance and was carrying in one. The football fan who sent my wife to the pavement almost got a magazine of .45's in his chest. Luckily we were still at the door and the bouncers (all teammates of mine) smeared his face on the sidewalk before I could clear my holster.

WolfPackST

Banned
There are two bars locally that I frequent and carry in. Both have amazing food. Both I've had to defend my wife from a drunk attacker. The first time was a football fan who walked up out of the blue and yelled at her and shoved her to the sidewalk simply because she was wearing a Vikings shirt and his team just beat them (we were getting carded at the door...hadn't had any contact with him yet). The other bar just two weeks ago some shit head I triangled at RITC wanted another go of it and took it out on my wife when I ignored him. I wasn't drinking in either instance and was carrying in one. The football fan who sent my wife to the pavement almost got a magazine of .45's in his chest. Luckily we were still at the door and the bouncers (all teammates of mine) smeared his face on the sidewalk before I could clear my holster.

Your such a badass.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
lets be realistic here, no one is going to some dingy bar to get a diet coke. :poke:

in VA we don't have "bars"... places must also serve a specific amount of food in relation to the amount of alcohol sold.

basically in VA if you don't want fast food you end up in a place that serves alcohol, end of story.

like i posted earlier, it's been legal to OC in VA restaurants as long as i can remember. we're still waiting on the drunken shootings to start. since adopting CC in these places there continue to be NO issues.

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!

..... buncha cry babby, sissies.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
in VA we don't have "bars"... places must also serve a specific amount of food in relation to the amount of alcohol sold.

basically in VA if you don't want fast food you end up in a place that serves alcohol, end of story.

like i posted earlier, it's been legal to OC in VA restaurants as long as i can remember. we're still waiting on the drunken shootings to start. since adopting CC in these places there continue to be NO issues.

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!

..... buncha cry babby, sissies.

Says the guys that need guns to defend themselves from drunks.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Says the guys that need guns to defend themselves from drunks.

lulz... you're from IL. Obamaland. Drunks are assholes, and they are incredibly difficult to deal with. There is no reasoning with them.

This "I don't need a gun to defend myself" mentality is exactly what's going to get you killed or severely injured from an attacker(s).

jdw2000gt

Established Member
This is where I think MS has made great strides. I am legally able to ignore no guns signs with my permit. This includes private businesses and gov buildings.

If it hasn't been pointed out already, signs here in Ga carry no legal weight whatsoever. A business must first ask you to leave, and in your non-compliance you can be charged with trespassing. Otherwise, ignore them at will!

jbs$

Established Member
It would be an extremely rare occasion for a weapon to be required in a bar or a restaurant, however, in the parking lot or in the walking back and forth, that could be another matter.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
If it hasn't been pointed out already, signs here in Ga carry no legal weight whatsoever. A business must first ask you to leave, and in your non-compliance you can be charged with trespassing. Otherwise, ignore them at will!

That's where it is still blurry here. Noone has stepped up to challenge the ag opinion on what is meant to inform. Several have argued the sign is the property or business owner informing you.

jdw2000gt

Established Member
That's where it is still blurry here. Noone has stepped up to challenge the ag opinion on what is meant to inform. Several have argued the sign is the property or business owner informing you.

That is unfortunate for you guys. It is also pretty ridiculous as someone who is engaged in conversation or any other number of things might not see it, that is if the business even bothered to place it in a conspicuous place.

There is a whole thread devoted to one of the forum members from here in Atlanta (a pilot) who was traveling in MS. While I don't remember the specifics, it boiled down to an erroneous complaint by a man (later identified as drunk at the time) that led to his arrest. The charges were dropped as the detention and subsequent arrest were found to be unlawful...he was compliant with all laws but the officer(s) apparently didn't know the law themselves, much less apply it correctly. He did however lose his job with Delta, put on a no-fly list I believe, and has dealt with the consequences since do the arrest. Do this day, I don't think the suit filed against the officers has progressed, which I believe can be attributed to them being granted immunity iirc nor do I think they have expunged it from his record which they are apparently under court order to do. Hope everyone else there fairs better.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
In this shitty society, never EVER depend on common sense. Most don't have it, and those that do rarely use it.
Please tell me you didn't write this and you messed up quoting someone..
Your the last one that i would call having common sense.

That's a little hardcore. I would of kicked his ass.. Now if he shoved her and held her down and started hitting her yeah he might get shot.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
It would be an extremely rare occasion for a weapon to be required in a bar or a restaurant, however, in the parking lot or in the walking back and forth, that could be another matter.
That is what my post earlier was in regard to. Since I could not carry into a bar I would just leave my gun at home, I don't want to be a statistic of having my gun stolen from my car because I could not carry it.

For what it's worth I don't drink and have not for 26 years, I still go to bars to visit with friends.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Wish TX would pass campus carry and Open Carry. Got a chance to OC in AZ and NM last week and no one cared. Don't see why it can't be like that here.

Blown 89

Established Member
That's a little hardcore. I would of kicked his ass.. Now if he shoved her and held her down and started hitting her yeah he might get shot.
It happened so fast that all I knew at the moment was some complete stranger twice my size got nose to nose with my 91 lb wife's face, screamed profanities at her and shoved her into traffic. That's good enough to constitute a threat IMO.

My point is that my wife and I have been physically assaulted more times by drunks in 2014 than I have been my entire life. If mentally ill people aren't in control of themselves and are considered a threat drunks who aren't in control of themselves should be too.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
It happened so fast that all I knew at the moment was some complete stranger twice my size got nose to nose with my 91 lb wife's face, screamed profanities at her and shoved her into traffic. That's good enough to constitute a threat IMO.

My point is that my wife and I have been physically assaulted more times by drunks in 2014 than I have been my entire life. If mentally ill people aren't in control of themselves and are considered a threat drunks who aren't in control of themselves should be too.

Wouldnt it be wiser to not frequent establishments that are known hangouts for drunk a-holes? There are alot nicer places to take your wife. :shrug:

Sometimes it easier to avoid trouble than to get yourself out of it. There's always cases you cant avoid trouble but alot of times you can use situational awareness to minimize it the chances of an incident. Simple choices such as driving through a gang invested hood to take a shortcut vs taking the longer route on the highway.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Says the guy defending grown men that walk around assaulting women.
Yeah, cause that's what I did. Does he deserve to get this ass kicked, no doubt. But shooting him, come on man, that's ridiculous. I get that its legal and your right to carry a gun but I have never once been in a situation in my life where I thought man I wish I had a gun on me.

Users who are viewing this thread