New unprecedented Georgia gun law

mp23

Established Member
Im not sure I would call this unprecedented considering two states VT and AK do not even require a permit to CC. Its interesting in that neither VT a liberal state, or AK an old west style state, have blood running in the streets from daily shootouts.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Guns in any establishment that serves alchol sounds like a bad idea. :nonono:

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not sure I would call this unprecedented considering two states VT and AK do not even require a permit to CC. Its interesting in that neither VT a liberal state, or AK an old west style state, have blood running in the streets from daily shootouts.

These leftist fools subscribe to the Chicken Little Theory although reality proves something much different.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I like how some people are hoping that some issue happens just so they can say told you so. Is this the ****ed up kind of society we live in now, where we hope someone gets shot/killed just so we can argue online about how they were right?

Read some of the comments here, I was laughing and rolling my eyes at the same time. I usually stay off this part of gawker media but I've been bored at work today

http://gawker.com/new-georgia-gun-law-allows-guns-in-schools-churches-a-1566642315/all

focussvtracer

auto x
Established Member
That's because we all know Texas is ****ing retarded.

But I actually support these laws. I hope more states pass them, and I also support carrying in schools and capitol buildings.

I'd LOVE to see more laws like this passed. Everywhere.

Then we will see what happens.

You think every patron at a bar is going to be honest whether or not they are packing? L...O...L.

But like I said, go for it.

Even though counties with strick gun control laws are criminal havens. But don't let the truth get in the way of your bullshit rants.

hb712

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol:

:bs:...and I can tell you that first hand.

Stats aren't you friend, buddy. CCW holders account for virtually zero gun crime. Feel free to peruse AG's sites for stats, if you want to begin posting as an educated person. Honestly, my guess is that you'll just continue to imply that laws like these are responsible for an increase in criminal activity regardless of the fact that you're wrong.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Bullshit. We have some hole in the wall bars around where I live that make a great burger and have people in all the time grabbing a burger and a coke

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

But I actually support these laws. I hope more states pass them, and I also support carrying in schools and capitol buildings.

You think every patron at a bar is going to be honest whether or not they are packing? L...O...L.

CSD is that you??

65fastback2+2

Established Member

cant tell if trolling or not

mavisky

Established Member
Not so sure about allowing them in bars...

Even before this law bars could either allow them or not. If they don't allow them then it's a felony I believe if you're found with one on the premises. When we were shopping for homes in Atlanta I was carrying my pistol on an Indiana permit (GA recognizes IN) and I had to turn around and take it back at a local wing joint because they also have a bar and chose not to let anyone carry inside. They had a big sign telling you it was a felony so it wasn't a hidden law at least.

New law is just a continuation of that as far as I can tell it just makes them being allowed the default at both churches and bars. The government building clause is only for those buildings that don't have metal detectors, but that keeps people from accidentally ending up with a felony because they have their sidearm on them inside the DMV or something similar because that's a government building.

mavisky

Established Member

They still don't have a clause in here protecting employees at work parking lots which was one of the best laws that Indiana passed in the last 5 years. Basically no company could keep you from keeping your firearm stored safely in your vehicle on company property. Doing so was essentially disarming the citizen and Indiana stood up and said that's not right.

The biggest change that I am surprised to see was the stuff about airports. Being allowed to carry right up to the security lines essentially. The other side of that though is still off limits.

...Mark...

Established Member
I agree with ya there man, not so sure I would want to be in a bar with a bunch of ego tripping drunk guys carrying guns. That shit might make some braver than they might normally be.

Exactly.. Some local bars have signs saying no guns allowed. That was prior to this legislation though.

Kinda curious to see how this plays out.

Not_visiting-Bufalo-Wild-Wings.jpg

Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
The new law flips the onus on them having to "dis-allow" it where as before they had to actively allow it it looks like. Old law information below.

Q: Can I carry at Applebee’s or [insert other restaurant here]?
A: SB308 does not prohibit carry for Georgia Weapons License holders in restaurants. However, individual restaurant owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.

Q: Can I carry at a Bar?
A: SB308 criminalized bar carry, unless the owner of the bar grants permission to carry. If the bar owner does not allow carry, it is a crime to carry there.

Blown 89

Established Member
Guns in any establishment that serves alchol sounds like a bad idea. :nonono:
I started to respond that I agree with that but half way into writing I realized bars are the one place where people consistently intend on harming me and are more likely to follow through with those threats. I'm a big guy, 6'6" and for one reason or another that's all the reason people need to pick fights for no reason. It doesn't matter if someone is drunk, high, robbing me, or pissed off at me they want to do me harm and it's my God given right to stop them and protect myself and family. Someone being drunk isn't an excuse to strip a sober person of their legal right to carry a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread