New unprecedented Georgia gun law

Sick03Vert

Banned
There are two bars locally that I frequent and carry in. Both have amazing food. Both I've had to defend my wife from a drunk attacker. The first time was a football fan who walked up out of the blue and yelled at her and shoved her to the sidewalk simply because she was wearing a Vikings shirt and his team just beat them (we were getting carded at the door...hadn't had any contact with him yet). The other bar just two weeks ago some shit head I triangled at RITC wanted another go of it and took it out on my wife when I ignored him. I wasn't drinking in either instance and was carrying in one. The football fan who sent my wife to the pavement almost got a magazine of .45's in his chest. Luckily we were still at the door and the bouncers (all teammates of mine) smeared his face on the sidewalk before I could clear my holster.

And THIS....is exactly what I'm talking about.

As an example, randomly generated and not directed at anyone:

"Shove my wife? Dude...I'll kill you!"

*Grabs gun, shoots drunk guy in heat of the moment, charged with murder one, found guilty, sentenced to death, cries all day and night, every day about how he wishes he could go back and undo what he did, apologizes on the lethal injection gurney before the doctor sends his stupid ass into the black abyss*

If I had just a quarter for all the times I've seen this play out...I would be a very, VERY rich man.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Agreed, very hard to argue the man posed a lethal threat to you or your wife with the bouncers there as well.
He already posed a lethal enough threat for her to be IN the middle of the first lane of traffic. Had that happened at the wrong time she would have been hit by a car. Had he been able to pursue her she would have remained there. The men he was with chose to stay out of it and the two bouncers were struggling to subdue him inches away from my wife. Had one of his friends chose to step in we were in trouble.

What you guys are failing to do is analyze the situation based on the facts I had at the time. At the time I have a group of men who were well within the 21 foot rule, one of which had ALREADY assaulted my wife. They had ALREADY put her life in danger. How many chances do I need give them to harm my wife before I take action? What kills the 2nd amendment attacker's arguments is that they give criminals more rights than law abiding citizens. In this instance a man who has already assaulted a 90 lb woman is given the benefit of the doubt over a terrified 90 lb victim bleeding in traffic. You guys need to reread what I wrote....had the bouncers NOT stepped in I would have eliminated the threat.. They DID step in and eliminate the threat so I didn't. Common sense says the responsible course of action was taken. The Holywoodization of conflicts really skews some of your ideas of conflict.

I feel sorry for your loved ones if this laissez fair attitude is how you defend them.

Blown 89

Established Member

*Grabs gun, shoots drunk guy in heat of the moment, charged with murder one, found guilty, sentenced to death, cries all day and night, every day about how he wishes he could go back and undo what he did, apologizes on the lethal injection gurney before the doctor sends his stupid ass into the black abyss*

If I had just a quarter for all the times I've seen this play out...I would be a very, VERY rich man.
You meant to say if you had a quarter for every time you IMAGINED seeing that or watched it on television :rolleyes:

bglf83

Established Member
lulz... you're from IL. Obamaland. Drunks are assholes, and they are incredibly difficult to deal with. There is no reasoning with them.

This "I don't need a gun to defend myself" mentality is exactly what's going to get you killed or severely injured from an attacker(s).

I can confirm you are more likely to be killed with a gun in Chicago than any of the gun friendly states in the south.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
He already posed a lethal enough threat for her to be IN the middle of the first lane of traffic. Had that happened at the wrong time she would have been hit by a car. Had he been able to pursue her she would have remained there. The men he was with chose to stay out of it and the two bouncers were struggling to subdue him inches away from my wife. Had one of his friends chose to step in we were in trouble.

What you guys are failing to do is analyze the situation based on the facts I had at the time. At the time I have a group of men who were well within the 21 foot rule, one of which had ALREADY assaulted my wife. They had ALREADY put her life in danger. How many chances do I need give them to harm my wife before I take action? What kills the 2nd amendment attacker's arguments is that they give criminals more rights than law abiding citizens. In this instance a man who has already assaulted a 90 lb woman is given the benefit of the doubt over a terrified 90 lb victim bleeding in traffic. You guys need to reread what I wrote....had the bouncers NOT stepped in I would have eliminated the threat.. They DID step in and eliminate the threat so I didn't. Common sense says the responsible course of action was taken. The Holywoodization of conflicts really skews some of your ideas of conflict.

I feel sorry for your loved ones if this laissez fair attitude is how you defend them.
I'm pro gun. But you're the kind of tard I don't want out there armed. You don't shoot someone because they were being mean to you or your supposed tiny weak wife. To me it sounds like YOURE the tiny weak one.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

Since you've heard this story SO many times... I'm sure you can supply a dozen or so links to incidents of CCW holders getting in this situation.

And news flash... in the situation described above the ccw holder doesn't go to jail (at least not in the free states). Threat of injury or death to yourself or others is just cause. You act like the drunk asshole is someone to be defended... what if he knocks your wife over backwards scuffling with what I assume is your black belt Jet Li baddass and she dies or suffers brain damage
?

You want to know how you can never get shot by a ccw holder? Don't be a fight starting Jack ass, drunk or not. Somehow I've managed to live 30+ years, get drunk plenty of times in public or not, and not start fights with random possible gun carrying people. If you tend to get drunk and get aggressive either don't go out drinking or accept responsibility for your actions and risk someone making you dead.

That's the real problem with a liberal though isn't it? They always seem to believe people shouldn't be responsible for what happens to them. Wake up and join reality.

Edit :I've held a ccw permit for awhile now, and even though drunk or not I don't start fights, if I'm going to have even a single drink my gun stays at home.... and the wife carries hers.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member

I only read this last page, but I'll 100% agree with you. You don't draw a gun because someone you know got shoved.

Blown 89

Established Member
I only read this last page, but I'll 100% agree with you. You don't draw a gun because someone you know got shoved.
If a guy that weighs triple the woman he assaults gets nose to nose with her, screams bloody murder and sends her flying off the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic doesn't demonstrate intent for harm I'm interested to hear what does.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Tricky situation here as I dont think that shooting someone because of a shove is justified. But they way blown is putting it, were that split second decicion could be the difference between my wifes life or death. Yeah, Im gonna go with blown on this specific instance.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I get that its legal and your right to carry a gun but I have never once been in a situation in my life where I thought man I wish I had a gun on me.

Wonder how many people have said this exact same thing right up to the day they were assaulted or worse.....

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
If a guy that weighs triple the woman he assaults gets nose to nose with her, screams bloody murder and sends her flying off the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic doesn't demonstrate intent for harm I'm interested to hear what does.

Ok lets take away the fact she is your wife, and the fact she is a she. I say this because gender doesn't really matter, nor the fact she is your wife. Say this was your 90lb man friend that was shoved. Would you really still shoot someone over it? I doubt it. The fact of the matter was you weren't going to shoot someone to 'protect' them, but because someone was messing with YOUR wife. You were more interested in retribution than anything.

The problem with this whole situation was that neither the man nor you posses any honor or courage. Men dont fight on unequal footing. If someone is messing with your yourself or your family without weapons, you fight them. If they have weapons thats a different story. The fact is gun owners like you are cowards and hide behind legalities and the firepower to cover your cowardice.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
My wakeup call happened after work in a gas station a few years back. While exiting a young thug pushed his way thru the same door I was walking thru with a knife and robbed the gas station. As we passed for a split second i had a knife pointed at my stomach. Lucky for me he made the first decent decision of the night and didnt stab me.

Since getting my CCW something like 4 years ago I have had two situations where I was carrying. And this is key..... neither time did I draw my gun. I backed away and defused the situation. Lucky for me both assholes didn't press the matter and force me to shoot them. That's what libtards don't get... its not about being a gun slinging cowboy, its about having the final option when some dumbass is dead set on getting killed today.

Sometimes it means being the bigger man and backing away from drunktard calling you a pussy etc, but the truth is I have no desire to ever shoot another human, even if they barely qualify for that title. Even in a 100% legal shoot your going to have legal problems for awhile, potential civil suits, etc etc, not to mention personal problems from having shot and/or killed someone. But in the end if it me and mine or your drunk and stupid ass and you force the issue, well let's just say I'm sorry for your luck

truefiveo

Established Member

You are the problem...a scary weak boy who never learned how to handle confrontation.

Now you happen to have a concealed firearm on your side....great!:bored:

Did your fathers teach you anything about being men???

Mind as well never step foot outside your house.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While I don't know the actual wording to the law, I interpreted it as a just because you have a gun on you doesn't mean they can ask, but if you were committing a crime you better have one.

So two thugs walking down Main St. with guns cannot be questioned or stopped by the cops? If true, thugs are celebrating this news.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Ok lets take away the fact she is your wife, and the fact she is a she. I say this because gender doesn't really matter, nor the fact she is your wife. Say this was your 90lb man friend that was shoved. Would you really still shoot someone over it? I doubt it. The fact of the matter was you weren't going to shoot someone to 'protect' them, but because someone was messing with YOUR wife. You were more interested in retribution than anything.

The problem with this whole situation was that neither the man nor you posses any honor or courage. Men dont fight on unequal footing. If someone is messing with your yourself or your family without weapons, you fight them. If they have weapons thats a different story. The fact is gun owners like you are cowards and hide behind legalities and the firepower to cover your cowardice.

Spoken like someone who has only seen the results of a fight in the movies. Some drunktard or thug decides to take you on for no reason and your worried about "honor"? Its not like captain american where you trade punches for ten minutes and go home for the after party .

I'm sure your loved ones will take solace that you weren't a gun owning coward when you take on a honorable equal footing fight and the honorable thug's friend slips a knife in your back, or simply beats your ass till you never speak correctly again.

I can't say I would have drawn and shot on the original situation, as backing away and defusing was the correct response. However that's not always an option. I'm not about to get into a brawl with someone just because they decided to start a fight and risk severe injury or death. What happens when that honorable thug happens to have way more experience and skill at street fighting than you? You just got your ass kicked and maybe your wife raped for honor? Wake up into the real world .

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I agree with ya there man, not so sure I would want to be in a bar with a bunch of ego tripping drunk guys carrying guns. That shit might make some braver than they might normally be.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but using the term "Bar" is inflammatory. Here in Northern Virginia, there IS no such thing as a bar. Restaurants serve beer and liquor and whatnot. The way the laws are written they never mention bars, they just mention ANY place that serves alcohol. So banning carrying in 'bars' means banning carrying in Red Robin, Chili's, Olive Garden, etc, etc. Doesn't sound so ridiculous now does it? Obviously you cannot drink and carry, but having a burger at Chili's should not prevent you from protecting yourself.

In 2010 VA allowed carrying in places that serve alcohol and I'm glad they did.

And guess what, in 4 years, none of this bullshit has happened. No shootouts have occurred.

None.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Spoken like someone who has only seen the results of a fight in the movies. Some drunktard or thug decides to take you on for no reason and your worried about "honor"? Its not like captain american where you trade punches for ten minutes and go home for the after party .

I'm sure your loved ones will take solace that you weren't a gun owning coward when you take on a honorable equal footing fight and the honorable thug's friend slips a knife in your back, or simply beats your ass till you never speak correctly again.

I can't say I would have drawn and shot on the original situation, as backing away and defusing was the correct response. However that's not always an option. I'm not about to get into a brawl with someone just because they decided to start a fight and risk severe injury or death. What happens when that honorable thug happens to have way more experience and skill at street fighting than you? You just got your ass kicked and maybe your wife raped for honor? Wake up into the real world .

A. You would be wrong. Im not a street fighter but Ive been in enough.

B. Never said I was not a gun owner. I said he is/was a coward for claiming to have almost shot someone because they got a little pushy.

C. Thats the price you pay for fighting. Situational awareness is everything. Also you shouldn't be getting into a fight unless its life or death.

D. You dont always win. If the person in this fictitious situation really is about to rape, THEN that situation calls for a weapon. I didn't say using a weapon is cowardly, and I didn't say to never use one. I said in HIS situation he was being a bitch.

MGC

Established Member
His wife could easily have had a severe brain injury or died from hitting her head on the pavement, there is no statute that says he would have had to have a weapon for it be considered justified, only a clear and imminent threat, which it sounds like there was.

Users who are viewing this thread