**NEW Vids of BLWN03s Procharged Cobra**

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
BB - thats typical of most all centrifugal superchargers.
I have no experience with the centrifugals, thanks. Seems weird though, a turbo gets louder with more RPM, I guess this proves it's the exhaust and turbine making the noise, and not the compressor, hmmm

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Lethal have you made any passes at the track? I will make mine tommorrow along with a video. Also if you guys re-watch the video,you never see my shift light go on once...i was short shifting @5,8k-6k instead of my normal and peak hp area of 6,3k when i race..the raptor shift light is right below the Odometer in the video.

Jay

Last edited:

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
I swore you were short shifting or at least thats the way it sounded. Also on the 140 mph pass you hesitated on the last gear shift it seemed too.

Can't wait to see the results tomorrow.

Thanks Mike

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I think we are underestimating the top end pull on that thing, i mean at the begining when he was racing the eaton silver one he started really walking him when it got cut off, but look at the end on the very last fly by, he put bus lenghts on him and was still going, i think these will be some crazy races, good luck to all and drive safe:beer: :bowdown:

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I give props where they are deserved and that Cobra is one bad mother f@cking ride. You got your shit on lock homie... There we have another ex. of how we 2003/2004 cobras are the sh!t!!!

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Well the hesitation into 4th was because i was coming up on heavy traffic ahead..mind you it was 9pm on a 2 lane highway with NO lights..lol...so i had to consider the safety of my 2 passengers and myself. I am so stoked about the track tommorrow i dont think im gonna sleep too well tonight....I have alot of friends coming down to watch her maiden voyage down the 1320.....Nothing like a lil pressure huh! I was short shifting because i dont like to push the car to its limit unless im REALLY racing...no need to kill on the damn thing...the only time i was at full power were the highway passes..those were 6,3k shifts. Regardless you guys will have at the very least some MPH tommorrow to analyze...the weather is supposed to be in the high 20's low 30's tommorrow at Atco dragway in NJ. I hope the track prep is good so i can get some descent 60'..s.....Wish me luck

peace,

Jay

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Really appreciate the vids and all the info sharing.

At what RPM is the blower spinning when you are at full boost? I understand they are spinning at incredible speeds. Any thoughts on longevity?

Anyway, incredible car.

jleews6

Established Member
Good luck at the track.I cant wait to see the MPH. of both cars.:beer:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
No debate.....the Cobra is like the swiss army knife now. Supra owners and other chumps that doubt the Cobra's potential now have about 4 good tools to get beat by. I love it. And what makes this car even better is that thy will never stop making new parts for it. I see lots more turbo, vortec, and other brand forced induction comming onto the market very soon. Aswell as a huge influx of new never before offered parts like aftermarket heads, more cams, and even some new intak plenums. This is only the begining, and I can't wait to see what the futre holds for this beast. Hats off to procharger to being ontop of the Centrifugal supers. And for anyone who doubts where the procharger makes power, don't compare it to a car that didn't come with a factory blower on it.....that means that it will not behave the same as your ld 2001 Cobra or GT that had a procharger. Yes those cars did mkae power but only high into the RPM range. THis is much different beast, and the reason for that difference has todo with the lower compression, stronger bottom end and basicly limitless power abilitys. That being said you can audibly hear that the blower is much lowder at idle because of a different sized compressor wheel, and or pulley, which basicly equates to more power earlier due to the fact that a built engine can handle it vs. a stock GT or cobra block.

Users who are viewing this thread