new wheels, TF + new brakes, baer = new pics

94slowbra1

Established Member
i posted this in the pic and vid section but i figured you guys would mind having it posted here as well, after all it is a terminator.
ill start by saying im not a photographer nor do i know anything about editing. these pics are straight off the d3000 with a tamron lens.
i was looking for a change and was also looking for better performance in the braking department. my ccw classics couldnt clear big brakes so it was time to go. i have always had a thing for TF chicanes especially in the brushed double tinted clear, so i made a phone call to steve. told him what i was looking for and he delivered. while i was waiting on delivery i ran across a smokin deal on a some baer brakes; 6p caliper, stainless lines, 2 piece rotors front and rear. i finally got a chance to get it all mounted up and adjusted.
wheels: 18x9 and 18x11 tf chicanes, hand brushed, double tinted clear, 4.5 polished rear lip, big brake cut up front, 265 35 and 315 30 falken azenis. wheels are unbelievably nice, great detail and the finish is exactly what wanted
brakes: baer 6p calipers, baer pads, stainless lines, fresh castrol lma fliud, 13" front rotor and 11.65 rear rotor. will eventually swap to a 14" front set up. these brakes grab. ive seen some post where people say there 4/6 piston brakes dont grab any harder than the stockers, well they are doing it wrong. i flushed the system and bled it manually using the two person method and they work great. not to mention they look killer behind the wheels
here are some pics of the car they way it sits now. hope you guys enjoy. if you have any questions about the set up please ask and also if you have any feedback. enjoy
DSC_0002_1.jpg

DSC_0004_1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008_1.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0050_1.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
That car is scaring the children! :uh oh:

Nothing like a good set of binders.

Looks like the rims need wider meats looking at the sidewalls. They won't allow for as much flex to maximize the contact patch to the ground in a hard corner.

94slowbra1

Established Member
That car is scaring the children! :uh oh:

Nothing like a good set of binders.

Looks like the rims need wider meats looking at the sidewalls. They won't allow for as much flex to maximize the contact patch to the ground in a hard corner.
i couldnt agree more. unfortunately there are what i have right now. my next set will be a 305 35 18 r888 or nt01. both are wider than the 315 falken and have a taller sidewall. you would think the 315 would be wide enough for the 11" wheel but apparently not. definitely dont want the "stretched" look

OMG THAT REAR LIP!!! SICK CAR SWEET SETUP :thumbsup:
when steve told me he could do a 4.5" lip there was no question that these wheels would have them

Looking good man!
thanks

HighTorque

Established Member
I CANT WAIT TO GET SOME TF FOR MY CAR BUT I KEEP SPENDING MY MONEY ON PERFORMANCE PARTS :burnout:

94slowbra1

Established Member
dont get me wrong i loved the ccws and i think they look great especially on our style car but i coulnt get past not being able to run big brakes without as spacer, plus i wanted a different finish. running a spacer on a high end set of wheels seems bogus to me.
ive been i your boat many times in the past. i am finally satisfied (not done) with my cars performance that i wanted to focus on its suspension and braking. the brakes sprung the wheel purchase and i couldnt be happier

SlowSVT

Established Member
i couldnt agree more. unfortunately there are what i have right now. my next set will be a 305 35 18 r888 or nt01. both are wider than the 315 falken and have a taller sidewall. you would think the 315 would be wide enough for the 11" wheel but apparently not. definitely dont want the "stretched" look

325's are probably what those rims would like but that starts to get expensive.

I was at a shop with a slammed M3 out in the parking lot. The rims on the car were way too big for the tires where it looked like the bead could barely meet the rim. The worse part was the paint was literally burned-off the center of the fender opening where the tire was contacting the metal which had abraded a deep groove in the tires (you couldn't even fit your finger between the tire and the fender they were soo close). This is a disaster in the making. The owner is looking at this thing every time he walks out to the car yet he must have been OK with it :smmon:

Stage 4.6

Established Member

I just replaced a set of those Falkens 315-30s I loved the tread pattern but I never did like that 30s profile (sidewall) made the rear wheel well look like they had a huge gap even with my H&R springs?

I don't notice that on your setup? Ive seen some guys on here with 335-30s and the sidewall looks good. I just purchased some R888 305-35 and I am kind of wishing i went wider although the sidewall looks much better.

94slowbra1

Established Member
i run h&r sports on my car with no isos in the rear so it sits pretty low, although i want it lower. i will switch to an r888 or nt01 in 305 35 in the future which will give me .5" more sidewall so that should fill the gap nicely. also looking to switch to h&r race so i guess ill have the same gap because they dont drop as much as the sports
how do the 305s fit on your wheels? 11" wide?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have the H&Rs with no isos and no low profile irs bolts they fit nice, I just thought they would look bigger on my 11in wheel this the only pic I have, currently at work.

20150928_165224 (Medium).jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
they look great if you ask me. look wider than my 315s and they have a nicer sidewall. im not a huge fan of the 335 and up steam rollers some guys run. if you think about it you can pm me some more pics of different angles when you have a chance. thanks

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the car looks great john. :beer:

now get rid of those tanks and grab these wrinkle black ones i have sitting here. we can do the caps to match the wheels :thumbsup:

94slowbra1

Established Member
^^^ this guy here. I'd love to grab a set of your tanks but unfortunately the funds just aren't there right now. And matching tinted caps would be sick. Hopefully you do another run when the mod fund is built back up. Thanks again for a great set of wheels

Stage 4.6

Established Member
IMO your 315s look great! and maybe its my old ass vision but your tires look wider than mine? I just looked through my computer ironically I don't have many pics with the R888s Ive only had them on for a week or so ill send you what I have in the morning, maybe take some new pics with the new tires.

Either way bud your wheel and brake combo look awesome!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the TF wheels club! Looks great!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
John, I tried to PM you some pics but I couldn't load them? here is one I took this morning and one from last week, Hopefully gives you and idea of what your looking for?
20151009_120645-1 (Medium).jpg
20151015_070824 (Medium).jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
IMO your 315s look great! and maybe its my old ass vision but your tires look wider than mine? I just looked through my computer ironically I don't have many pics with the R888s Ive only had them on for a week or so ill send you what I have in the morning, maybe take some new pics with the new tires.

Either way bud your wheel and brake combo look awesome!
i agree the set up looks great but when i stand back and start nit picking things i just want a little more sidewall. i know toyo makes a 315 35 td drag radial which i think would be the perfect size, except its a drag radial. i want i tire that can handle the corners

Welcome to the TF wheels club! Looks great!
thank you. it feels nice. ive had a bunch of other high end wheels but i have never placed a new order for a set. it felt good getting exactly what you want. i felt like a kid on Christmas when those 4 boxes arrived

Very clean!!
i try. its black so it takes a little effort

John, I tried to PM you some pics but I couldn't load them? here is one I took this morning and one from last week, Hopefully gives you and idea of what your looking for?
View attachment 52857
View attachment 52858
exactly what im looking for. those will be my future tire for sure. great tread and nice side wall. the polished on the mystichrome looks great

Users who are viewing this thread