New Whip (Corvette Content)

Jmurrz

Established Member
Hey guys, I decided that the 3V life was not for me (sorry 3v guys) so I sold it this past week. I decided that because I am working from home and going to school only 2 days a week I could indulge in something more impractical.

The craigslist search did not last long, I found a two owner 1999 Fixed Roof Coupe Corvette with 75k miles on it. I am extremely meticulous so when I say it is mint, it is mint. I bought it the next day. It has an intake, MS4 Cam, corsa x pipe + catback, and HRE wheels. The car was tuned @ RPM here in NC and made 360whp.

Right about at this time, I started dabbling with Adobe Lightroom, so I have been playing with the editing a little bit. I am by no means good at it, but I am learning. Here is a small showcase of both!

DSC_0095_zpsa0vjiys3.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsdfdiunli.jpg

DSC_0082_zpssro2wn45.jpg

DSC_0078_zps5ie6zvzf.jpg

DSC_0076_zpswbmqlrs1.jpg
DSC_0046_zpsa7demuqs.jpg
DSC_0045_zpshl4zeqc6.jpg
DSC_0039_zpsgdrmcrsu.jpg
DSC_0020_zpszllwrmrb.jpg

UPDATE : Unfortunately, after having the car for less than two weeks, someone rear ended me when I was dead stopped. The car is totaled. I am banged up a little bit, but I will survive. The car on the other hand ... did not fare so well. I did not post immediately because I was upset about it, but it has kind of worn off and the anger has been replaced with appreciation for life. In the moment it is easy to think that life sucks, but when you reflect you realize it could always have been much worse.

6a9719a402b5feaffa746d6b2c690dac.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it has real low profile tires. bumping up the aspect ratio (sidewall) will also help raise it up

Jmurrz

Established Member
hard to tell from the pics but it looks like it has real low profile tires. bumping up the aspect ratio (sidewall) will also help raise it up

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. It is a shame because the tires are almost brand new so I won't be able to do it for a while, but when the time comes, I want to put some thicker r888's all around, both width and sidewall!

Zemedici

Established Member
LOL, I want to raise it up! it scrapes on EVERYTHING!

is it lowered? Doesnt look so in the rear, as Steve said, seems its the tires. My brothers 04 Z06 we lowered on the factory bolts before we left the dealership hahaha

Jmurrz

Established Member
is it lowered? Doesnt look so in the rear, as Steve said, seems its the tires. My brothers 04 Z06 we lowered on the factory bolts before we left the dealership hahaha

Yeah, I believe the P/O said it is bottomed out on stock bolts, The tires seem to be the biggest issue. The one quarter panel shot I took is super misleading because the other side was on a slant and I was shooting eye level with the wheel gap so it made it look even worse.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Clean FRC, nice grab! Do yourself a favor and get rid of that MS4, its a lifter eating M'Fer and a poor choice for an otherwise stock motor. Factory headers?

DaBigBone

Established Member
Grats! I had a lowered C5Z and it was a nightmare! Looked fantastic though but it scraped on everything.

Machdup1

Established Member
LOL, I want to raise it up! it scrapes on EVERYTHING!
When you see a bump, accelerate a bit, instead of hitting the brakes. That will raise the nose. You can also trim an inch off the airdam.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Clean car. Sounds great.

Dont raise it up, learn how to drive it. I had an 04 c5z lowered / maxed out on stock bolts and could drive that thing everywhere for many years, it was a non-issue.

bokyo1987

Established Member
That's one clean FRC, looks damn good. Always felt pewter C5s were overshadowed by other color options.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice ride! The C5 FRC body is awesome. I had a 99 FRC in Nassau blue which I bought new in 99... I really enjoyed that car. I currently have a 98 C5 Conv. Mine is a work in progress... It had just 50k one owner miles, but cosmetically it needed help. We are getting there though. I lowered it on A&A lowering bolts. It brings it down lower than stock bolts. After dropping it all the way, I had to raise it slightly to rub less.
If you ever have any Vette questions I might be able to help.
Enjoy that bad boy!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You found a gem there, Joe. What a gorgeous '99 Vette. Sounds really good, too. I'm a big fan of the wheels and brakes. Enjoy it! :)

Blackoyote

Established Member
Very nice! If you don't mind my asking OP, did you pay a good bit less than a C5Z would've cost with those miles, or close to the same because it's mint?

Jmurrz

Established Member
nice pickup, OP. That vette is sexy.

Love the color.

That's one clean FRC, looks damn good. Always felt pewter C5s were overshadowed by other color options.

looks killer.

You found a gem there, Joe. What a gorgeous '99 Vette. Sounds really good, too. I'm a big fan of the wheels and brakes. Enjoy it! :)

Thanks Guys! Yeah I am super happy with it, I was not crazy about the color myself until I saw it in the light. It was just too clean to pass up!

Users who are viewing this thread