newb with termi questions

smacwp

So I finally saved up the cash to buy an 03 cobra. It had 56k miles, several owners, and some awesome power. As soon as I had finished signing the paperwork to buy it, the detailer started it up to drive it to the polishing station before I took it home. Well, when it fired up, smoke came out of the exhaust. The seller, of course, assured me this was normal, but the amount of smoke that came out did not look normal at all. I am hoping maybe this was from sitting on a sales lot or something....it has not done that again, but I can occasionally smell it. Like the white smoke burning oil smell. Is this at all normal? What do I do?
any advice would be great!
Thanks!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
get the car over to Racers Edge Tuning in Downey otherwise known as RET have a few dollars ready and Greg can check it out for you

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
If you need someone to check it out, let me know. I'm local and I can probably take a look at the car for you. I live over by state. I have a compression tester so we can have a look at that too if you need. Just leave a message here since you can't PM yet :beer:

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
check oil regularly. Do a compression/leak down test.

I agree with this guy. Compression check as soon as you can. I have personal experience with buying a car with a bad engine. Bought my GT with the blower on it already (was a smoking deal) and it was a strong 370whp (I dyno-ed it after buying) Did a compression test a week later and my BEST cylinder was 90psi... needless to say I have a different engine now. Local autozone will have a check you can rent or if your not comfortable any shop can do it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Take Suaveflooder up on his offer. He's near you, knows these cars well, and will really help you check yours out for issues. Great guy, too, so you'll gain a new friend in the process. :)

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
First rule of being a Terminator owner....DON'T CALL IT TERMI! That is all..and welcome!

smacwp

Suaveflooder, I would like to take you up on that offer. I am actually at the camp pendleton area, and typically get off work around 430. Let me know when a good time for you would be.
Thanks for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread