Newbee Needs Some Help

MustangChris

Established Member
Hey Guys,

My name is Chris and I'm new to these parts... I've been an active member on SN95 Mustang Community Cobra SVT GT Saleen Roush 3.8 5.0 4.6 | SN95Forums for a year or so now, and a few of the guys pointed me this way....

This is the second time i'm writing this thread... the first time it was like, 9 pages long, so i cut some corners... please dont think i'm a hard-a** because i'm cutting-to-the-chase.

I have a 1996 GT 248a package (no power options, no ABS, no traction control, etc. etc.) it has the npi 4.6 in it. It has a completely OEM fuel system. Also, it now has a spun main bearing.

I was building: Teskid block, terminator heads, KB on top. ... but due to the broken down car, i needed to find something to run until this build is complete, so i bought a 2004 cobra motor.

heres what i purchased:
2004 running motor
engine wiring harness
dash harness
ecu+harness
steering colum
gauge cluster
fpdm harness
door locks+trunk locks
1 copy of the key

(i will be doing full bolt on's, head cooling mod, and porting the eaton while it is out of the car...)

(it will be getting a professional, custom tune when it is running)

-Here's where my question comes into play-
I purchased a 2003 terminator gas tank many moons ago, its been in my back shed waiting to get installed, so i figured now was the time.

It seems that the terminator drivers tend to go to a return-style fuel system... so i wanted to get some input on my swap before i go to a returnless style system just to go back to a return style for my final teskid build.

How do you guys suggest i put the 2003 terminator tank in, while maintaining a return style set-up? should i go 100% aftermarket? should i keep the 1996 lines and try fabricating the tank+lines together?

many thanks all for all your help in advance, i've hread good things about you guys from SN95 members, and i look forward to workin' this out with you fellas!

edit: id like to appologize if i placed this thread in the wrong section... I'm a little overwhelmed with the number of forums on this site! :)

:beer::coolman:

feel free to subscribe to this thread, i'm sure i'll be updating it in the next few weeks as i persue the project.. (I'll take lots of pix for you guys.)
:pop:

Last edited:

zinc

Established Member
What is the end goal for the teksid build? I think you could handle your fuel needs with a returnless or return style fuel setup. Check out the fore kits from lethal performance. As it sits if you only want to do it once get the best parts you can but you could also run that motor off the stock equipment for now and possibly just run a boost a pump if you are worried.

Anyone know the fuel line sizes between the gt and cobra?

MustangChris

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure what the teskid build will belt out...

The KB 2.8 made 774 RWHP on KB's dyno with everything stock, except fuel.

I am doing a livernoise stroker kit with bore as close to oem as possible. (block hasnt been machined yet)

The 04 heads will be 100% custom build to my engine-builder's specs. complete with custom cams.

i am looking towards the 2.8L KB with a 25 PSI pulley.

im expecting at *least* 825 to the wheels.

obviously, this will require a fuel upgrade from what this 04 cobra motor demands.

So right now I am looking at simply using the 03 tank, return-style, capable of handling a full-bolt on motor... That way when i do the teskid drop, i can simply upgrade the components without having to go completely over from returnless to retrun-style. the foundation will already be set.

Users who are viewing this thread