NGK TR6 vs NGK TR6IX

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
I got a newbie question about this spark plugs.

Is there any difference between TR6 and the Iridium TR6 ?? does the Iridium ones are better than the normal ones?

And about Coils , The stock ones are the best to get or the MSD ones or any other aftermarket coils are better than stock ones? or every coil does the same fuction and theres no difference ?

Thanks !

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Regular TR6's and stock coils are the most widely used and problem free. Some aftermarket coils that claim better performance actually have caused owners nothing but problems.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Based on the mods in your sig op i would recommend TR6 plugs with Ford OEM coils. Depending how many miles you put on the car change the plugs every 1-2 years

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Based on the mods in your sig op i would recommend TR6 plugs with Ford OEM coils. Depending how many miles you put on the car change the plugs every 1-2 years

Thanks all for your answers.

Its cause i was thinking about changing the coils for an aftermaret ones, and the spark plugs, And my next mods are intake , exhaust and maybe a lower pulley, keeping the stock eaton.

So i dont now if with the next mods ill need more ignition, so better spark plugs and coils

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
It isn't worth changing the lower without at least a ported blower. You won't need any upgrade on ignition besides TR6 plugs, guys are making over 700 on them.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
It isn't worth changing the lower without at least a ported blower. You won't need any upgrade on ignition besides TR6 plugs, guys are making over 700 on them.

Ok, Ill get the TR6 i think are the most usefull than iridium , And the coils as well , ill get a new stock ones.

Thanks , i tought that ill be on the limit of the eaton with a 2.93 and a 4 lbs lower , But maybe u r right ill have to port it

Thanks again for the help

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
just run the coils you have now, you don't need to buy new ones just cause your changing plugs..

What he said, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I'm always amazed how well the coil covers work looks brand new in there. Some guys have good luck with the iX but the regular coppers work fine for me and at $20 a set I change them in the spring and fall every year. Never messed with the coils turned 190K recently :)

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
What he said, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I'm always amazed how well the coil covers work looks brand new in there. Some guys have good luck with the iX but the regular coppers work fine for me and at $20 a set I change them in the spring and fall every year. Never messed with the coils turned 190K recently :)

Thanks guys, i thought replacing them ill recover any power lost by the age of the coils , Btw there are the original ones lol i got 96 k miles , and are working "Fine" dont know if replacing them for a new ones will notice any diference , But they are working well.

ill keep my stock coils and change to TR6 spar plugs.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You can easily run the 2.9/4lb combo on a non ported Eaton. Just don't street race with no cool down or over rev the engine once you find out the hp peak from the dyno graph. It used to be what a lot of people pullied to back in the day but not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread