Nissan GTR

snake134

i think i read somewhere that nissan will have a gps on the skylines and they will only be able to use thier full power on tracks and private areas?

JWC

Established Member
udlose03 it may seam odd but I read it in a Nissan press release somewhere. No car company "wants" us to mess with their ecu's, boost pressures, suspension, or anything else for that matter. Heck, when I purchased my 03 Cobra and was asked if I wanted to get the 100K warranty I told the dealer the 36K was going to be voided as soon as I got the car home. At least with my 03 Cobra and my TT Porsche I was able to modd the cars.

Last edited:

Blue_03_SVT

Established Member
Not to mention the trans itself will require some tuning, which at the moment, is totally unavailable to the aftermarket, according to Import Tuner, which did a large article on the tuning possibilites of the new GTR. Also, the turbochargers are integral to the exhaust manifolds, making a turbo swap near impossible, and because of the packaging in the engine bay there really isnt room for anything bigger even if you were inclined to swap the entire setup to something with seperate turbos...just what i read, by no means gospel, but at least a start.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
I don't know if the U.S. is ready to dump 70K on a Nissan.

they do it on chevy and dodge so why not a nissan?

and it will take some time, but the aftermarket will crack the ecu so it can be tuned.. its like that with a lot of cars, and this being a new model it doesnt have anything available yet.

mousetom78

Established Member
People forget it is not a vette killer when Chevy is coming out with 6.2L S/C ZR1. I would say ZR1 will pull bus lengths on this GTR.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I doubt I will every see one here.... hell the 350Z has been out forever and I think I've seen 2. The guys with money here buy Ferrari, Lamborguini, Porsche, etc... I rarely see Z06, Viper cars .. I think there is something wrong with the water.

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Really, you've only seen two 350Z's? They're like a dime a dozen where I am. I guess its all about where you live. I thought you'd see plenty in IL though.

TRXboy

Established Member
I doubt I will every see one here.... hell the 350Z has been out forever and I think I've seen 2.

Consider yourself lucky, every d-bag with a blow out and gay sun glasses drives one of those in my area.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Quad City Area (I live ~45mins north near Clinton, IA and drive to East Moline everyday for work)...

Maybe they are all hiding?

I saw a Nismo for the first time a month ago in Moline and ended up following it and gave the owner a thumbs up. Was pretty sweet looking... I normally notice them as they stick out IMHO from your normal everyday Toyota/Honda/Lexus, etc but it always seems to be the same ones...

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
I really don't see alot of 350Z around here either.. I saw alot of them back in 03-04 but now I'll see about 1 maybe 2 each day (and thats driving alot).

I think C5's are the most common type of sports car around here. I see easily 5-6 a day around this area.

DouBLeJ16

Roadkill Lurker
Established Member
Consider yourself lucky, every d-bag with a blow out and gay sun glasses drives one of those in my area.

You have just described 80% of the mustang drivers around here.. I guess it just depends on where you're located.

Last edited:

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
they do it on chevy and dodge so why not a nissan?

Because Chevy and Dodge have been building high hp vehicles that can withstand the abuse we like to give them. Very few people are aware of the Skyline and, IMO, not trust the GTR to be as capable to withstand driver abuse like the Vette and Viper.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Because Chevy and Dodge have been building high hp vehicles that can withstand the abuse we like to give them. Very few people are aware of the Skyline and, IMO, not trust the GTR to be as capable to withstand driver abuse like the Vette and Viper.

perhaps this is the case, lack of knowledge. the skylines of old were/are badass vehicles. and nissan builds a quality product, and engines that will live for a very long time even with abuse.. most of the japanese engines will go easily over 200k miles without blinking an eye.. that is durability, and im sure the new gen skyline will be no different. like all new models im sure it will have a few bugs at first that most people will pick apart, but what new model doesnt.. by its second or third year it will be refined and will have proven itself.... imo..

SCSn95Cobra

Established Member
Im sure this will be a sweet car no doubt but a z06 killer is the wrong thing to say just wait until we start getting some races between and 08z and an 08?gtr when the z is putting 2-3 cars on it by 160...i think from a roll even a c5z would put up somewhat of a fight...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Just like the Skyline GT-(Random Number/Letter) these cars won't be remembered/spoke of in stock form... they will be modded to hell and back and that's all anyone is going to care about/talk about. Hell the Skyline isn't anything impressive in stock form and you NEVER hear any fanboy talk about it. Only about how they run 9s with a 30 cent peice of plastic and you can literally shoot the engine block and it won't even dent it.

Users who are viewing this thread