Established Member
skyline_gtr_proto_3.jpg

nissan_skyline_gtr3.jpg

0601_900_Nissan_Skyline+2008_Nissan_Skyline_GTR+Full_Driver_Side_View.jpg

Last edited:

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
I cant imagine it being a "Z06 killer".... It has slightly less power, far lerr torque, and will weigh as much as 3800lbs from what I hear.... A fast car no doubt at all, but its going to take more than that to beat the new Z. I also do not believe that it will be cheaper, I remember hearing that the 350Z's were supposed to be as cheap as a Mustang GT. We will have to see, AWD car be great from a dig, but the faster your going, the more its going to do more harm then good

ttadriver

Established Member
I cant imagine it being a "Z06 killer".... It has slightly less power, far lerr torque, and will weigh as much as 3800lbs from what I hear.... A fast car no doubt at all, but its going to take more than that to beat the new Z. I also do not believe that it will be cheaper, I remember hearing that the 350Z's were supposed to be as cheap as a Mustang GT. We will have to see, AWD car be great from a dig, but the faster your going, the more its going to do more harm then good

In a straight line, no, it will not beat a c6zo6 given the power to weight ratio, but apparently in a high speed road course it did

bmfgsxr

Established Member
awd isnt going to harm you at higher speeds.. awhp is awhp.. what ever it makes to the wheels is what it makes.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Nice car IMO. I guess they underrated the hp by 20 or 30hp as claimed in a thread here last week, but it will get owned by the new 6.2 litre supercharged vette IMO.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
It's a zo6 killer because it beat the stock zo6's time around the Nürburgring, which is very impressive

-----
2004 MB E500
1997 Viper GTS B/W
1993 Cobra teal
1989 Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4

Im pretty sure that was a unofical time.

Deuuuce

Established Member
A recent post on the 'net had a dyno run taken "at the hubs" of 473awhp. And the tests at the Nurburgring can be misleading - conditions, driver familiarity, tires, etc.

Should be interesting to see dyno and track results for production versions in the states running 91 Octane. And if the turbos can handle more boost, etc.

However, its a 3800lb car which means the Z-06 and Viper should take it on the road circuit pretty well (at current hp ratings). Its really a nice, daily GT driver with AWD, not a track weapon like our sweet domestics.

T.T.5.4L03cobra

Established Member
so its a Z06 killer because it does 11.6@120 in 1/4 while the Z06 does mid to low 11's at 125+:dw:

Quarter miles aren't everything, ive heard that the older 280 hp nissan r33 gtr's (skyline obviously) could lap the nurburgring (or however its spelled) in under 8 minutes, i hear this one might break the 7 minute and 15 second area, which would beat a z06 by about 15-30 seconds. I like american cars as much as the next guy but the gtr is in my opinion a much better car vs. the z, not only a quicker track car, but with awd, it'll be a much better all season car. Plus with the drag coefficient that it has, it'll be unbelievably quick once aftermarket parts come out, older models made 800-1000 hp very easily, this will be easier still with this version seeing as how there is even more technology available now for crazy builds. In short, yes its a zo6 killer and has 4 seats, will be better in the snow etc etc etc.

imbuggin

Established Member
Quarter miles aren't everything,QUOTE]

x10000000000000000000000

neither are hp#'s

It is about time someone brought that up. It seems that 98% of the people on this site only like cars that can go fast in a straight line. Real tracks have turns IMO

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
older models made 800-1000 hp very easily, this will be easier still with this version seeing as how there is even more technology available now for crazy builds.

this is one of my favorite arguments as it pertains to ANY car, but it seems to come up with imports more often than others...it is not EASY to make 800-1000hp in ANY street car. How many 800+ horsepower Skylines are there? Or even Supras for that matter? People make it sound like every other car out there is packing big numbers, when the fact is, it takes a lot of money, parts, and time to make that much power. I'd be willing to bet that less than 1% of all the Skylines ever modded at all make that much power, seems like it would be higher if it was that easy.

As far as the Z06 killer thing, speculation is just that, but stock for stock, I doubt it will hang too close. The STOCK japanese import performance cars rarely deliver on the promises made by the pre-production/mag test cars. I seem to remember a certain magazine getting the same 1/4 mile numbers from an 04 WRX Sti and a 04 Cobra. Now, who in the real world is gonna say that's an even race?

Now, before all you EVO guys get all up in arms, that is not a dig, more of a comment.

The RX7's, Supras, Skylines, WRX, 350Z, etc. etc. have always been made out to be world beaters, and yes they do great modified, but stock....meh.

Stikiller

Established Member
this is one of my favorite arguments as it pertains to ANY car, but it seems to come up with imports more often than others...it is not EASY to make 800-1000hp in ANY street car. How many 800+ horsepower Skylines are there? Or even Supras for that matter? People make it sound like every other car out there is packing big numbers, when the fact is, it takes a lot of money, parts, and time to make that much power. I'd be willing to bet that less than 1% of all the Skylines ever modded at all make that much power, seems like it would be higher if it was that easy.

As far as the Z06 killer thing, speculation is just that, but stock for stock, I doubt it will hang too close. The STOCK japanese import performance cars rarely deliver on the promises made by the pre-production/mag test cars. I seem to remember a certain magazine getting the same 1/4 mile numbers from an 04 WRX Sti and a 04 Cobra. Now, who in the real world is gonna say that's an even race?

Now, before all you EVO guys get all up in arms, that is not a dig, more of a comment.

The RX7's, Supras, Skylines, WRX, 350Z, etc. etc. have always been made out to be world beaters, and yes they do great modified, but stock....meh.
1. RX-7 isnt that great unless modified, They can be great drift cars. 2. Supras are straight line cars, granted you have a few that you can tak to road atlanta but not many.3 Skylines are great car built for the purpose they are, to be a street monster. Skylines that are modded right are very hard to beat, high redlines that love to take a pounding. 4.WRX are great track cars, but evo's are great street/track cars. I know I own a 500whp evo, and I own a cobra. The cobra will be gone next week though as I have sold it. 5. 350z are good car, even better when built right and boosted. I know a older lady here in Ga with one pushing close to 800hp. 350z is another high rev machine, and has great response when boost is added.

I also think you might want to check on the 1% skyline hp thing, because I know of 4 people off hand who skylines make well over 600hp. My business partners make 700hp. I am not even counting the ones I have seen at numerous shows. Also a majority of Supra owns do have high hp supras. go on Supra forms and you will see a ton of them.

Modularluv

Banned
so its a Z06 killer because it does 11.6@120 in 1/4 while the Z06 does mid to low 11's at 125+:dw:

I think its manly due to awd. If the z06 had awd it would rape its way in the mid 10's. AWD really helps on launching. I'm sure the z06 has so much power that its to hard to launch effectly. So remove the AWD from the GTR and you have another low 12's sports car.

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
1. RX-7 isnt that great unless modified, They can be great drift cars. 2. Supras are straight line cars, granted you have a few that you can tak to road atlanta but not many.3 Skylines are great car built for the purpose they are, to be a street monster. Skylines that are modded right are very hard to beat, high redlines that love to take a pounding. 4.WRX are great track cars, but evo's are great street/track cars. I know I own a 500whp evo, and I own a cobra. The cobra will be gone next week though as I have sold it. 5. 350z are good car, even better when built right and boosted. I know a older lady here in Ga with one pushing close to 800hp. 350z is another high rev machine, and has great response when boost is added.

I also think you might want to check on the 1% skyline hp thing, because I know of 4 people off hand who skylines make well over 600hp. My business partners make 700hp. I am not even counting the ones I have seen at numerous shows. Also a majority of Supra owns do have high hp supras. go on Supra forms and you will see a ton of them.

I believe I said "stock". We aren't talking about modded cars. My point was, those numbers coming out of Nissan for the GTR are impressive, and would be a good run stock for stock with a C6Z...but history presents that the production car will not live up to the hype. The C6Z does, it remains to be seen if the GTR will. Given that, it's a bit early to anoint it a Z06 killer, seeing as how the Z06 clearly delivers, while the production GTR is still vapor.

Find me only 20 800-1000 horsepower Skylines as was stated...you will be hard pressed. It is not "easy" as was claimed. And no, MOST Supras are not high horsepower cars. High horsepower any more is 600+, and MOST Supras are not at that level. Besides, I've always had a hard considering cars "high horsepower" that run around at 400hp on regular gas, and only got their number by running C16 and 35psi of boost. That's a "part-time" performer, in my book.

This kind of crap borders on fan-boy shit, and that is the most annoying trait of all in a car guy.

Last edited:

Stikiller

Established Member
I believe I said "stock". We aren't talking about modded cars. My point was, those numbers coming out of Nissan for the GTR are impressive, and would be a good run stock for stock with a C6Z...but history presents that the production car will not live up to the hype. The C6Z does, it remains to be seen if the GTR will. Given that, it's a bit early to anoint it a Z06 killer, seeing as how the Z06 clearly delivers, while the production GTR is still vapor.

Find me only 20 800-1000 horsepower Skylines as was stated...you will be hard pressed. It is not "easy" as was claimed. And no, MOST Supras are not high horsepower cars. High horsepower any more is 600+, and MOST Supras are not at that level. Besides, I've always had a hard considering cars "high horsepower" that run around at 400hp on regular gas, and only got their number by running C16 and 35psi of boost. That's a "part-time" performer, in my book.

This kind of crap borders on fan-boy shit, and that is the most annoying trait of all in a car guy.
Across the world there are more than 20 800hp skylines/supras how about, take 10mins and you will find them. Race gas is a gas, so how is that a part-time performer. i wont be hard pressed because, I know five skyline/supras personally so that is 10. All than is need is 10 more. Next their is video of guys personal GTR run a 3.3 0-60times. Edmunds went to Japan to test it. The guy let they drive his personal car. GTR is no longer vapor, not that is is on sale in Japan.

Last edited:

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
Across the world there are more than 20 800hp skylines/supras how about, take 10mins and you will find them. Race gas is a gas, so how is that a part-time performer. i wont be hard pressed because, I know five skyline/supras personally so that is 10. All than is need is 10 more. Next their is video of guys personal GTR run a 3.3 0-60times. Edmunds went to Japan to test it. The guy let they drive his personal car. GTR is no longer vapor, not that is is on sale in Japan.

WOULD YOU PLEASE READ WHAT I AM TYPING? Christ.

Users who are viewing this thread