Nitrous infor for the new 5.0

rubicon1979

Established Member
I was wanting to know more about the JMS dry kit. Is anybody running it?

So is the general consensus that a 100 shot is safe for a stock motor assuming the tune is good?

After my last car being S/C I just want an all motor car with just a little something extra when I need it. I spoke with the guys at JMS and they seemed real professional. They are even close enough I was going to use them for the install also.

KalEl370

Established Member

So is the general consensus that a 100 shot is safe for a stock motor assuming the tune is good?

After my last car being S/C I just want an all motor car with just a little something extra when I need it. I spoke with the guys at JMS and they seemed real professional. They are even close enough I was going to use them for the install also.

I ran the JMS kit for a few weeks, and I thought it was a great kit. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted that power all the time so I bought a Paxton. I ran the 100 shot. The kit is very stealthy and you can't even tell it's under the hood if you install it properly. The install is pretty simple. The progressive controller it comes with handles everything such as sensing WOT and rpms. The window switch is built into it. It's a very safe kit IMO and Monty and JMS are great to work with as far as getting you a tune.

rubicon1979

Established Member
I ran the JMS kit for a few weeks, and I thought it was a great kit. The only reason I sold it was because I wanted that power all the time so I bought a Paxton. I ran the 100 shot. The kit is very stealthy and you can't even tell it's under the hood if you install it properly. The install is pretty simple. The progressive controller it comes with handles everything such as sensing WOT and rpms. The window switch is built into it. It's a very safe kit IMO and Monty and JMS are great to work with as far as getting you a tune.

JMS said I would have 2 tunes, one for nitrous and I could have the other for my bolt ons, cai, or/x etc.

How sluggish was the car with the nitrous tune? I understand it just retards timing right?

What kind of power difference with the 100 shot JMS and the Paxton?

Was your car a manual? Any track times?

Thanks!!

DTL

Established Member
Have any of you guys running wet nitrous seen any burnt up spark plugs? I'm wondering how this intake manifold handles the fuel. Usually dry EFI manifolds can only move so much fuel before you start encountering puddling issues.

KalEl370

Established Member
JMS said I would have 2 tunes, one for nitrous and I could have the other for my bolt ons, cai, or/x etc.

How sluggish was the car with the nitrous tune? I understand it just retards timing right?

What kind of power difference with the 100 shot JMS and the Paxton?

Was your car a manual? Any track times?

Thanks!!

Car was a little sluggish compared to the NA tune he gave me. Car felt real strong on the juice though. Sorry, I didn't get any track times but I'm sure it was somewhere around 540 or so at the wheels with my mods. The NA tune was really nice too. The Paxton feels stronger. I don't have track times yet, I've only had it a couple of weeks, but it put down 622rwhp and 466tq STD in
95 degree heat. My car is a manual with 3.73s.

D.T.R

Established Member

I'd say up to a 150 shot you're fine.
After that it gets a little scary... but seems like most people run up to a 175 on stock motor
probably, to pull a little timing.
^ this. Just get it tuned regardless of how small the shot is.
Have any of you guys running wet nitrous seen any burnt up spark plugs? I'm wondering how this intake manifold handles the fuel. Usually dry EFI manifolds can only move so much fuel before you start encountering puddling issues.

Nope, no issues here.

Juiced 66

Established Member
I picked up a zex kit for super cheap and added a nitrous outlet plate to it. I made 605/655 on a hot ass day in south Texas on a 150 shot 93 octane tune. Car has a lot of bolt ons (pretty much everything for these cars) and I have had zero issues. Took it to the track and got 1 pass in and went 10.06 @ 127 with a 1.59 60ft. I'm considering spraying 200 and having nitrous outlet outfit my boss intake with a direct port

Bud

Established Member
I picked up a zex kit for super cheap and added a nitrous outlet plate to it. I made 605/655 on a hot ass day in south Texas on a 150 shot 93 octane tune. Car has a lot of bolt ons (pretty much everything for these cars) and I have had zero issues. Took it to the track and got 1 pass in and went 10.06 @ 127 with a 1.59 60ft. I'm considering spraying 200 and having nitrous outlet outfit my boss intake with a direct port

Awesome results man

rubicon1979

Established Member

That is moving!

Is your car manual or auto? Spraying off the line? What tires?

Thanks

Juiced 66

Established Member
Woah.. Sorry guys, the car went 10.96 not 10.06.. Guess i hit the wrong key. I would crap my pants if it did that on a 150 shot ! That time was with Mickey Thompson drag radials and front runners. I launched at 2000 and my window switch is set for the nitrous to come on at 3500. Hopefully I can get back to the track soon, but it's major hot down here right now so I'm gona wait a couple months.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

Who tuned your car for the 150shot?

Juiced 66

Established Member
Jim from JDM did my tune. It's pretty safe. I could lean on it a little and get more power but I haven't so far. It runs so smooth on the spray I hate to mess with it.

2FST-4U

Established Member

nice run.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread