Nitrous Outlet's 2011+ 5.0 Coyote Nitrous Plate System Install

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Great numbers.

What pills were used for the '100 shot'?

Gaining 136whp and ~160wtq is pretty stout for a relatively small shot.

CGSB

Established Member
I may have over read something, but why was there not a tune involved when the NOS was ran? Isn't that pretty typical to at least havea nitrous tune?

You can get away with smaller shots I think under 100 with out a tune but need colder plugs

Y'all using stock plugs for 100 shot on this car?

Any track times yet

et info yet?

This is my wife's car...Jeff at CTP put it on the dyno to get the numbers, pull 2 degrees of timing and remove the speed limiter...other than that there is no "tuning"...that was the purpose of this trial run, to prove that this nitrous kit can be a bolt on...I was skeptical at first and a little worried about putting nitrous on my wife's car, especially without a tune...I am truly and happily surprised with the outcome. The car is completely stock aside from lowering springs, sway bar relocation kit, and a few minor exterior mods. We are currently using stock plugs but we intend on putting a one stage cooler plug in along with bumping up to a 150 shot, ect. I put my bigs and littles on it with a full slick to get some good numbers at the track...this was in order to see how much time we would drop by spraying. Here are the time slips and vids...it took several runs for me to get used to driving a stock car with a stock short throw...it took me a while to get used to not be able to grip and rip it into second.

N/A
Stock 2011 Mustang 5.0 1/4 mi - YouTube

100 shot
Stock 2011 Mustang 5.0 with 100 shot 1/4 mi - YouTube

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What was your question then?

-Thomas

Ok...maybe I misunderstood your question then because I thought pills was slang for jets.

Sorry, let me clarify.

"100 shot" is really relative to a lot of different things. It's not a 1 size fits all type of measurement. A 100 in one kit might be a totally different spread in another kit. NX, NO, Zex, Edelbrock, etc are all different.

Picking up 120whp and 150wtq would be very impressive with a .052 N pill if that was the pill that was used. Hell, even if it was a .063N, picking up 130 to the tire would be good.

So I was just curious to know the jet spread, that's all.

Again, congrats on some great power. I'm curious to see how it translates to the track.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Sorry, let me clarify.

"100 shot" is really relative to a lot of different things. It's not a 1 size fits all type of measurement. A 100 in one kit might be a totally different spread in another kit. NX, NO, Zex, Edelbrock, etc are all different.

Picking up 120whp and 150wtq would be very impressive with a .052 N pill if that was the pill that was used. Hell, even if it was a .063N, picking up 130 to the tire would be good.

Again, congrats on some great power. I'm curious to see how it translates to the track.

I just installed a Nitrous Outlet wet kit with a NANO system on my 2013. The jet/pill sizes that Nitrous Outlet told me to use were 52N and 28F for a typical 100 shot and a 52N and 31F for a 100 shot with the NANO system. Hope this helps.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I just installed a Nitrous Outlet wet kit with a NANO system on my 2013. The jet/pill sizes that Nitrous Outlet told me to use were 52N and 28F for a typical 100 shot and a 52N and 31F for a 100 shot with the NANO system. Hope this helps.

I know what the jetting is supposed to be for a 100 shot, I was wanting to know what jetting was used in this particular application.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Sorry, let me clarify.

He already posted the video from the track, 11.6@122mph. Has big's and little's, sway bar relocation brackets and lowering springs.

-Thomas

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Just curious if John or Shaun could chime in and confirm if this setup is compatible with a NANO setup ??? Would Shaun still tune this ?

Users who are viewing this thread