No brakes after highway driving

slidai

Established Member
So yesterday, I traveled a couple towns over to a best buy that was the only one in the region that had an item I was looking for. I spent a good 30 minutes on the highway driving about 75 with no cruise. When I got to the exit, I pressed the brake down and nothing! I pressed the brake about 3/4 of the way down then let off and reapplied. Only after I reapplied the brakes, did they work. Is there anyone else who has had this happen? Kinda scared the shit out of me since I was getting off and onto the exit ramp which was not long at all.

Side note, when I was driving back, it did it again but this time I was ready. It seems to happen only when I drive at highway speeds for longer than 20 minutes and don't apply the brakes any during the driving time. I had planned to go to the dealer for a nasty water leak anyway on Monday, so I will see what they say.

scott_0

Established Member
wow! talk about a pucker moment, I'd get it right to the dealership and don't let them lay the line "we were unable to duplicate the condition" this is your life you're messing with here. keep us updated

nonliberal

Established Member
never had that happen, but if it ever does again hold the button on your E-brake in and lightly use it as a hand brake since it cable operated.

You probably already know that, but I'm sure someone that will read this don't and it may help them avoid an accident. :thumbsup:

dannyf

Established Member
In for a responce I had something similar happen a few months ago and then last week the car applied pressure to the front right wheel on its own while cruising at about 70mph, almost yanked the wheel out of my hand. Kinda made my butthole pucker.

slidai

Established Member
I figured I can't be the only one... I'll see what they say about the brakes and the water leak and let you all know.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
where is a "nasty"water leak.?
sure it isn't brake fluid?
did you recently brake up with anyone?

87hatchy

Established Member
check your master cylinder reservoir and make sure there's still fluid. I would bleed your brakes too even if there is a proper amount of fluid in the reservoir, could be air in the system

KILRSVT

Established Member
I haven't ran into an issue with my car I noticed with the advancetrac on it will do all sorts of weird stuff but not anything like this . Keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread