No Lex Luthor thread?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
luthor can be intimidating just from being evil and pyscho.

gene hackman wasnt exactly intimidating lol.

i forgot about bryan cranston. damn. he would have been IT!
directors might not want to use him with a bald head though because it will make people think of heisenberg. basically typecast. with hair, he can still be anyone lol.
Thing is, Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor worked for that movie, this movie is a darker "realistic" approach. IMO it wont work for this one.

Bryan Cranston is too old to play Lex same with Kevin Spacey. Bryan should be the next Gordon, he is perfect age wise. He will be the only one who can fill Gary Oldman's shoes. Plus he already voiced Gordon in a movie.

Gravik

Established Member
Bryan Cranston should be the only one they cast for Luthor.

Bryan-Cranston-Lex-Luthor.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
He's too old for the part. I think Lex should be about the same age as Bruce Wayne.
In most comics he's about Superman's age which is what this movie is going for. Batman is older than both in this movie also.

Im surprised no one mentioned anything about Jeremy Irons being Alfred. That's actually a good choice! For those who don't know he played Simon in Die Hard with a Vengeance

Last edited:

03 deadpool

Established Member
The concept puzzles me Superman vs Batman ? couldnt superman just punch him and kill him= short movie or is there a new idea. Thats why they casted lex luthor?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
The concept puzzles me Superman vs Batman ? couldnt superman just punch him and kill him= short movie or is there a new idea. Thats why they casted lex luthor?

Batman actually beats Superman three times I believe. From what I have read he will have a special suit to gear up against supes. Kinda like the hulk buster armor stark wears.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Mark Strong could make a good LL if they make him look young. he doesnt look old as it is.
he's the villain/father in Kick Ass which is why they wouldnt use him.

i think its funny that batman can beat superman. despite whatever crazy scenarios they come up with. superman could just pick him up and toss him about a mile away or carry him up into space and drop him off. the only way to really defeat superman, if not as powerful as him, is to have kryptonite and if you have that, then there is no real fight. and that's kind of the problem with him. he's too unbeatable. batman, spider man, iron man etc can at least get their ass kicked.

disclaimer: i dont follow the comics or the tv shows or anything. just the movies.

id hope for the best and expect the worst for this film lol. i did like the last superman that came out. 10x better than the garbage version from a few years ago. michael shannon as zod was an awesome casting choice.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Mark Strong would have been a GREAT LL. I will still probably go see the movie simply because I am a die hard marvel/DC fan, but I still don't hold out much hope.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Mark Strong could make a good LL if they make him look young. he doesnt look old as it is.
he's the villain/father in Kick Ass which is why they wouldnt use him.

i think its funny that batman can beat superman. despite whatever crazy scenarios they come up with. superman could just pick him up and toss him about a mile away or carry him up into space and drop him off. the only way to really defeat superman, if not as powerful as him, is to have kryptonite and if you have that, then there is no real fight. and that's kind of the problem with him. he's too unbeatable. batman, spider man, iron man etc can at least get their ass kicked.

disclaimer: i dont follow the comics or the tv shows or anything. just the movies.

id hope for the best and expect the worst for this film lol. i did like the last superman that came out. 10x better than the garbage version from a few years ago. michael shannon as zod was an awesome casting choice.
That doesn't mean anything though, I mean Ben Affleck WAS Daredevil. Also Mark's character was killed in the first movie.
Batman uses a suit with Kryptonite mixed in it, they both got at it, Superman gets a good beating. Like Sid said, you should watch the Dark Knight Returns comic movies, they're awesome! Im sure they will somehow incorporate Krypton's suit with Batman.

Shannon was awesome as Zod and was one of the highlights for me. However, his character was not feared and took a step back compared to Faora. She seemed a lot stronger, faster, and a bigger match against Superman.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
yeah typically hollywood doesnt do something like that. have one guy play two different super heros? :nonono: i guess they just consider daredevil forgettable, which it was. hopefully aflac doesnt do the same thing with batman :bored:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Kevin Spacey was a great Lex Luthor. He knows how to be an asshole and he comes off as one in his movies.

I guess the people who cast Ben for the role of Batman forgot how shitty Daredevil was.

Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot as wonder woman are the only good things about this movie so far.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Lol.. that's all i can say..

As one of the biggest comic book nerds/ video game nerd on here

This is just pitiful casting all around

04svtsnke

Established Member
Why in god's name are they repeating villians? Its about time we see darkseid and brainiac. This movie will either be really good or completely terrible, I'm going with the latter.....Still wanna see it though.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Saw this earlier this morning, I have to say even though its a maniup I'm coming around to the idea much more

3jwh0tA.png

Users who are viewing this thread