Nordschleife + Rain = Holy Sh--!!!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Courtesy of a corner-carvers.com link. An awesome ride at Nurburgring in the wet. Blind faith... and a whole lot of skill. Enjoy.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aI9JAgllIo"]YouTube - ‪Porsche World Cup Nordschleife Onboard with Sean Edwards‬‏[/nomedia]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that is having confidence in knowing the course, in your car's setup, and with your driving skill. Wow! I had to watch the entire video. What a ride!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
WOW! Thanks for posting that. I watched every second of that...and between the sound, the scary lack of visibility and the superb driving...that was FANTASTIC!

More of a man than me right there.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
You know it's going to be a hell of a ride when at the first turn or so those taillights suddenly loom out of the mist with about .5 seconds to react. Love the multiple "saves" throughout with great/precision steering inputs. Talk about driving by the seat of your pants...the pucker factor would have me glued to the seat. The butt to tire traction connection is unreal.

Another great wet drive of recent memory was watching Tom Kristensen running his Audi spyder in the rain at night at Le Mans in 2008. Watched it live...truely mesmerizing. A lot less turns to memorize than at the 'Ring though...but diving (successfully) for any rain-shrouded apex at insane speeds earns you the brass-balls medal...with oak leaves, swords and diamonds.

OHTHREESVT

I Whine
Established Member
260460_550855918638_47700088_31313365_8314761_n.jpg

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That's the Grand Prix circuit, not the 'ring itself.

technically yes and no, the title leads to meaning the old circuit. this isn't the full GP circuit.

The full GP circuit is the smaller 3.1 mile race course. This was the 24 hour/4 hour layout (I didn't enough atention to what one) which uses both the GP Circuit and the Nordschleife.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread