Nurburgring times yet?

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
When are we going to get some official Nurburgring times? This will end all discussions about the new '13GT500 cornering abilities against its Nemesis........ZL1:beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I dont think Ford cares, so far they have shown that have zero interest in the 'ring marketing ploy...all they have said is they think it will win at any track

86merc

Established Member
They did not rent out the track to run the full course and get an official time.

Hopefully some times they ran at other tracks will come out. Or owners showing their times.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
There is no such thing as "official" Nurburgring times.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I dont think Ford cares, so far they have shown that have zero interest in the 'ring marketing ploy...all they have said is they think it will win at any track

Any engineer at Ford cares, its their freakish creature they created. Just like they made it go 200mph+ and aero modifications to achieve this, and the 6piston front calipers and 4piston rears, its all for performance.

I am very surprised Ford didn't take one off the assembly line, throw in its best driver and give us its best shot.

I'd have to respectfully disagree sir.:beer:

You gotta admit, if anyone gets a better time than the ZL1 at the ring, the discussions are over for performance. Agree?:rolling:

86merc

Established Member
Any engineer at Ford cares, its their freakish creature they created. Just like they made it go 200mph+ and aero modifications to achieve this, and the 6piston front calipers and 4piston rears, its all for performance.

I am very surprised Ford didn't take one off the assembly line, throw in its best driver and give us its best shot.

You gotta admit, if anyone gets a better time than the ZL1 at the ring, the discussions are over for performance. Agree?:rolling:

I spoke face to face with SVT's chief nampeplate engineer, Jamal Hameedi. They were not willing to pay to rent the track to be able to run the full course to get times. They ran the car there and I am sure have a ton of data from the car at that track. They ran the car at plenty of other tracks as well. They know exactly what the car is capable of. They built a car they are very proud of. And no doubt in the hands of good drivers these cars will do very well on many different tracks. :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

you read way too much into what I said....and your wrong, the car does not have 4 piston rears, its only one.

I personally dont care what it runs on the 'ring, I will never see that track. I also dont buy into this new bench racing that GM created, the GT500 and zl1 are not track cars, they modern muscle cars that can handle a road course but are not really at home there. If I wanted that I would buy a Boss 302 LS, throw 10K in mods at it and go to town. The point of this car for me is the power, looks, refinement, its good as grand tourer, drag strip, roll race car that can also provide enjoyment at a open road course event for novice drivers like me. Im buying the complete package and I accept the shortcomings.

So no, I disagree, if Ford really cared they would have rented out the track for a whole day to achieve "a one lap hero run at the 'ring". However they did what everyone else did, they used it as a test bed along with other tracks to get that 3800 lb supercharged beast with a SRA to handle as best as it can, but they also added enough of the power to make sure it would destroy a zl1 in a straight line where 99 percent of encounters will occur

I dont care what everyone thinks about the 'ring fast list, there is no official list and its all bragging rights marketing crap....I still rather have the shelby, especially with zl1 owners already complaining about the build quality of their magical MRC halo camaro :beer:

GarageLogic

Established Member

If there is a 'Ring time for the GT500, I'm sure the engineers already know what it is. Releasing it to the public would not change their sense of accomplishment with the final product.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I am more of a open track guy, probably why I emphasize road course times. No biggy, can't afford the new beast so until then, its bench racing for me!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am more of a open track guy, probably why I emphasize road course times. No biggy, can't afford the new beast so until then, its bench racing for me!

if thats the case I respect that! I think you should get Boss302LS, throw 10K at it and boom....smack zl1's and other high end cars around all day long, even GT500's :beer:

Soon to be SVT

Established Member

No manufacturer takes a car off the assembly line and runs the Nurburgring. Full cage, race seat, heat cycled "stock" tires, optimal camber adjustments and lots of other work go into preparing "stock" cars for the 'Ring.

Users who are viewing this thread