NYPD changes policy, will allow officers to wear turbans

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lambeau, because it is Sikhs who wear turbans and in this case asking to have their rights respected? It is important to know who and why they wear them to make an educated decision. The fact you’re trying to separate the head dress from the religion shows you don't understand the argument.

I believe Corbic is trying to show there is already a wide variety in the "uniform" and exceptions made for other religions. It's not they all wear X or Y, they wear something approved to meet certain requirements set by and provided by the governing body. It is hard not to see it seems to be more the "turbin" part that bothers you. I don't see how letting them observe their beliefs somehow dismisses your rights or freedom? It's not like wearing it is somehow pushing their beliefs on you is it? The joke is the people who are the most pissed are the same ones saying NY is a shithole and don't want to come here anyway so it impacts you all that much less.

BTW: Like I said before the original argument as to why they couldn't wear them and grow beards was due complications with the gas masks sealing. That is really the only straight up logical argument against it and if you want to argue that you have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Not one F given...

I am however a believer in uniforms but I don't give a shit that the nypd added the turbin to their uniform options

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
No kidding, right?!?! **rolls eyes**
I never said anything about different variants of the uniforms.
You're missing my point bro. The point,.........either the whole force is wearing turban or caps. Looks like the majority in the photos you supplied are wearing caps to me, no?!?
And if you ask me, I say stick with the caps. No turbans. Thanks. ;)
The majority are wearing caps cause the majority are not Sikh.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
That is literally the stupidest shit I've heard all day.

Is their an established religion of men wearing cowboy hats?

You act like these guys made up Sikhism and this practice just to be different.

Tell me, did you pick to be a near agnostic Christian that holds nothing sacred? Or was that just the religion your parents gave you and you embraced?

Should the military only serve meals made with Pork? **** everyone else that doesn't eat pork for religious regions or meat for health and conscientious reasons?

Police departments have a hell of a lot more serious bullshit to worry about then someone wanting a uniformed Turban.

Also, by your logic, if I just made it required that everyone wear a turban, would that be okay?

All I said was getting at was that I "personally" feel all officers should have to wear the same uniform. I understand that there are different classes of uniform, but any religious alterations should not be involved. Also, take a deep breath.....hold it, now exhale. Feel better?

If it were a real religion. Yes.
I'm sure there are a few folks that worship flamingos and want to wear them on their heads. Can't discriminate against those folks.

Amen brother!!!!
I'm not against it because of ethnicity or religious beliefs. There are many ethnicities and religions in this Country, but when you are to put on the uniform, shouldn't it be the very same uniform throughout that specific workplace/workforce? I strongly think so.
Agreed

So... you do realize there are a dozen or more variants of NYPD uniforms, right?

Campaign Hats, Base Ball Caps, Helmets, short sleeve shirts, long sleeve shirts, winter beanies, ear muffs, Russian hates, ties, no ties, turtle necks, several types of trousers, several types of boots and shoes. Dark Blue shirts, light blue shirts. Long jacket, short jacket, summer jackets.

AP_nypd_ml_141222_12x5_1600.jpg

^I see three hats and two types of pants.

2464E27200000578-2895188-image-a-4_1420309952246.jpg

I see 4 types of pants, 3 types of shoes, 5 types of jackets, and three types of shirts.

IMG_4959_nypd.jpg

I see guys with hats, guys without, several types of shoes, pants and jackets.

image.jpg

Yet another style of hat...

So seriously, why is it burning your bridges so bad that they added an additional approved type of head gear? It's not like these guys sued them for discrimination and are trying to cash out. It's not like they can just wear whatever turban they want.

15723720_1831141260498931_239738227907589383_o_894fa18442a15fe2513da48ee70b1c27.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Yup. Totally can't tell they are in uniform. Look like a bunch of unprofessional hipsters in cut offs and flip flops.
See first response above.

Draiter

Established Member
Please tell me about radical Sikhism and all the problems they are causing in the world....
1. Bhindranwala Tigers Force
Bhindrawala tigers force, Sukhwinder Singh Sangha. This group was founded by Gurbachan Singh Manochahal.
2. Babbar Khalsa
This group was found by Wadhawan Singh Babbar.
3. Dashmesh Regiment
4. Dal Khalsa
This terrorist group was started by Gajinder Singh.
5. International Sikh Youth Federation
This Sikh Terrorist group was started by Lakhbir Singh Rode.
6. Kamagata Maru Dal of Khalistan
7. Khalistan Liberation Force
8. Khalistan Commando Force
This terrorist group was founded by Parmjit Singh Panjwar.
9. Khalistan Liberation Army
10. Khalistan Guerilla Force
11. Khalistan Liberation Front
This group was founded by Aroor Singh and Sukhvinder Singh Babbar in 1986.
12. Khalistan Security Force
13. Khalistan National Army
14. Khalistan Liberation Organisation
15. Khalistan Armed Force
This terrorist group was started by Seetal Singh Matewal, but later on this group has changed its name. Later on, it was called Dashmesh Regiment.
16. Khalistan Zindabad Force
This group was founded by Ranjit Singh Neeta.
17.Bhindrawala Group
This group was established by Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala. This group was one of the most powerful group in 1984.
18. Shaheed Khalsa Force

Hmmmmm. Yeah, no terrorist groups at all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Couldn't care either way, honestly. I am amazed at the people who typically lean a certain way, who are all of the sudden totally fine with religion being mixed with a governmental agency.

Cops and Soldiers no longer wear hats in public. I don't see you protesting...

WTH are you talking about. First off, most of the army doesn't wear a "Gay beret", and lastly, since when do we not wear hats in public?!

Troponin

Established Member
As soon as I saw the pic, I knew some would mistaken these folks for Muslims.

Sikhs are pretty non-violent folks. The ONLY issue I see this causing is that these men and women could be targeted for their turbans and the attackers won't realize they aren't "terrorists" or Muslims.

That being said, the constitution does say the right to practice religion. As a Christian in a world where Christianity is becoming less and less acceptable, I am starting to feel the pressure of what it's like to be in the others' shoes.

Blown 89

Established Member
I am amazed at the people who typically lean a certain way, who are all of the sudden totally fine with religion being mixed with a governmental agency.
That's really my issue with it. I think this should apply to all religions and special cases. Apparently that's racist and bigoted :rolleyes:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Guess the next step will be carrying pouches of rocks to stone people when they commit a crime

Yes, I did jump the gun and did not reference my Islam for dummies book! Thinking they were muslims as they adhere to different Islamic sects. Sunni, Shi`ite, Sufis, Baha’is, Ahmadiyyas, Druze, Alevis, and `Alawis.

Sikh not being one of those sects, so my remark about the stones was a uneducated remark!

I will give (Corbic) props for responding to different posters with facts or his personal opinions without feeling a need to degrade or resort to name calling those that either were misinformed or had strong personal opinions on the subject!

I still believe in uniformity in government uniforms without religious intervention.

The Sikh’s now have the turbans and allowed a 1” beard, but that will not be the end of it as their religious belief calls for a full beard.

It’ just a matter of time before they push for the full beard as noted at the Sikh 24.com https://www.sikh24.com/2016/12/29/sikh-police-officers-in-nyc-allowed-to-wear-turban/

QUOTE: Southside Akali January 1, 2017 at 12:05 am

FALSE FALSE> TRUE story is that they are not letting Sikhs in NYPD. The real story is that although the officers from Sikh back grounds can look something like a Sikh; they are still expected to cut their beard to less than an inch long!!! What is this garbage?? We will accept you if you cut your hair!! WTF are we thinking that this is any kind of victory. We fought in two world wars with uncut hair, but we cant keep our identity to hand out parking infractions in midtown!!!

Machdup1

Established Member
I don't really see the big deal here. As long as the shield is represented on the turban I'm good.

Agree. NYC is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the US so it may be useful i doingbtheir jobs. The only problem I see is how this may offend what ever religious groups hates shihks.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure I've ever seen a single member make more homosexual remarks across multiple threads recently. I don't think it's retardation personally and judging by the comments it is a guilt ridden SJW who is sexually confused, or is afraid to come out of the closet, and has taken offense to society at large for their problems. :D

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure I've ever seen a single member make more homosexual remarks across multiple threads recently. I don't think it's retardation personally and judging by the comments it is a guilt ridden SJW who is sexually confused, or is afraid to come out of the closet, and has taken offense to society at large for their problems. :D
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
I love it bro! :D

blk02edge

Established Member
You guys who are offended by this really need your safe spaces huh. Talk about putting yourself on the same level as the snowflakes you so love to make fun of.

Users who are viewing this thread