NYS just passed new gun legislation....

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
NY city banned large soft drinks, it does not surprise me they could get enough support at the state level for this kind of violation. This time around their will be plenty of challenges to any gun bans, there has been case law that better supports the 2A since the first time the Feds banned it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
article said:
"It is well-balanced, it protects the Second Amendment," said Senate Republican leader Dean Skelos of Long Island. "And there is no confiscation of weapons, which was at one time being considered.

Holy shit. Imagine that.

Anyone that considers this should be hung for treason on the spot. Its a constitutional right to bear arms, if youre against the constitution then go to Canada.

article said:
"This is going to go after those who are bringing illegal guns into the state, who are slaughtering people in New York City," Skelos said. "This is going to put people in jail and keep people in jail who shouldn't be out on the street in the first place."

Yes, because people who bring illegal guns are totally law abiding citizens in the first place and will totally see this new legislation and go "OK you win I will stop doing illegal activities NY".

****ing laughable.

This shit needs to end people. Politicians need to start being held accountable for this level of blatant disregard for the principles that founded this nation.

dooberGN

Established Member
Holy shit. Imagine that.

Anyone that considers this should be hung for treason on the spot. Its a constitutional right to bear arms, if youre against the constitution then go to Canada.

Yes, because people who bring illegal guns are totally law abiding citizens in the first place and will totally see this new legislation and go "OK you win I will stop doing illegal activities NY".

****ing laughable.

This shit needs to end people. Politicians need to start being held accountable for this level of blatant disregard for the principles that founded this nation.

I don't see what you are upset about?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the bill is also reported to ban magazines larger than 7 rounds, yes 7, because obviously their 10 round limit just wasn't working.

P.S. New York City and most people I meet from there need to just seclude themselves on that island. They have destroyed the rights of those up north. I hope you all vote the entire senate out. I heard it was mostly GOP controlled, anyone know for sure?

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
From what I hear from NRA news is that semiautomatic handguns also fall into the "assault weapons" definition and need to be registered? Can anyone confirm?

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
the bill is also reported to ban magazines larger than 7 rounds, yes 7, because obviously their 10 round limit just wasn't working.

P.S. New York City and most people I meet from there need to just seclude themselves on that island. They have destroyed the rights of those up north. I hope you all vote the entire senate out. I heard it was mostly GOP controlled, anyone know for sure?

Really? this just blows.

DarkMach1

Established Member
7 rounds???? Why not just make it one, its not like you'll ever get jumped by more than 1 person?! Unbelievable! Those with hi-cap mags need to sell them out of state? I hope the NRA jumps on this hard!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
7 rounds???? Why not just make it one, its not like you'll ever get jumped by more than 1 person?! Unbelievable! Those with hi-cap mags need to sell them out of state? I hope the NRA jumps on this hard!

I'm just hoping to snag a few of them.. :dancenana:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
God bless the NY residents for the new gun law passed!

Another civil war coming:nonono: Gear up and get ready

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveiled his proposal to bolster the state's gun laws late Monday after weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations with legislative leaders, with a full ban on assault weapons slated to take effect as soon as it is passed.

Cuomo's bill — named the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, or NY SAFE — would enact a number of new measures, including a ban of all magazines that hold more than seven rounds and universal background checks for all gun sales, regardless if they are private, person-to-person sales.

Assault weapons -- defined as any rifle with a "military style" feature, such as a bayonet or a telescoping stock -- that are currently owned would be grandfathered and would have to be registered with the state. Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds and manufactured before 1994, which are currently legal, would have to be turned over to authorities or sold out of state within one year. If a magazine has a capacity between eight and 10, it would have to be retrofitted to only hold seven rounds.

Ludicrous. Background checks are inevitable and I have no concern...but the restriction to 7 rounds is retarded at best, as well as those evil "military style" features on a rifle and we won't even talk about turning over magazines to the state. Liberals are so backasswards it's not even funny. Let's see how much the crime statistics change. Laws don't stop criminals, just inhibit the law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

BladeX10

Established Member
As someone who doesnt even own a gun and doesnt really give a shit about any of this, This is bullshit. They are going to target the innocent folks who follow the law. Just like they target hard working Americans for taxes to pay leaches on welfare and people scamming the system. NEWS FLASH, Guns and magazines will still find their way into the hands of someone who wants to do harm to others. They are trying to put rules on our freedom. Whats next, Ban fire so i have to eat cold ass sandwiches and spaghetti for life because someone wants to go around burning people to death? Bombs are ****ing illegal but that didnt stop Timothy McVeign from blowing the shit out of a building and killing 150 people.

The way this country is heading. I often question if life is even worth living anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread