Official 2016 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

LS2GTO

Established Member
Wound up with Brees as my QB in my league. Not sure how I feel about that. Everyone says is O-line is horrid this year.

Any thoughts?

Not too bad I think, besides the age thing maybe catching up to him.

He plays in a dome, has decent weapons, will have to throw alot unless the defense improves greatly and faces mostly shitty teams in their division (now without Norman).

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Wound up with Brees as my QB in my league. Not sure how I feel about that. Everyone says is O-line is horrid this year.

Any thoughts?

With that horrid O line, he will prob throw 45-50 times a game, but will have a lot of yards and TDs but will prob throw a lot of INTs as well. Prety much like last year, I had him on my money league.

How about Peterson now with Teddy gone for the year? I dont see him having that big of a year. They will stack the box and force a 36 yr old Shaun Hill to do win. Late 1st rd pick IMO. I would take Dez or him IMO. He and Dak had a good preseason together.

My draft is tomorrow. I will post my team after.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Going all out on WR’s and RB’s in the first rounds, mainly WR’s. QB is usually my last picks along with a kicker, most likely Gostkowski. He’s usually on the money.

I might take Kelvin Benjamin in 1st or 2nd round if available, something tells me he might do damage against the Broncos and the rest of the season if healthy.

Elliot might be another high RB pick for me as well. I dont trust Gurley especially being in a new town. McFadden did pretty good as well last year for the small amount of games he played. Just not sure if he will be reliable

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Going all out on WR’s and RB’s in the first rounds, mainly WR’s. QB is usually my last picks along with a kicker, most likely Gostkowski. He’s usually on the money.

I might take Kelvin Benjamin in 1st or 2nd round if available, something tells me he might do damage against the Broncos and the rest of the season if healthy.

Elliot might be another high RB pick for me as well. I dont trust Gurley especially being in a new town. McFadden did pretty good as well last year for the small amount of games he played. Just not sure if he will be reliable

I would take Gronk, AJ Green, Dez in the first Rd over Kelvin IMO. And im a FSU fan lol. I would take him in the 3rd or 4th though. Unless your league is a PPR one

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
We doing a SVT Fantasy League this year? I know I ran the one last year with a late notice, but if anyone else wants to run it or co-commish I am down for that as well. We would have 6 days to fill and figure out a draft day, and league rules.

Also I did my first draft last night, and would like some feedback on it.
12 team league, Auction, standard positions except no flex and added a WR
QB:1 point for all completions and -1 for incompletions
You get 1pt for 20 yards on punts and kickoff returns as well (big reason i wanted desean jackson)
Standard scoring pretty much everwhere else

Here is my team, also have the seahawks D and Carolina D

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I would take Gronk, AJ Green, Dez in the first Rd over Kelvin IMO. And im a FSU fan lol. I would take him in the 3rd or 4th though. Unless your league is a PPR one
Nope doing standard. Chances of having Dez or Aj are slim, trying to be open. Gronk might be a 3rd or 4th round especially since im sure most wont take him with Brady out for the first 4 games.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Wr depth is huge this year. Unless you're in not the top 5 drafting wise, I would build a better team (qb, rbs, TE). Those three aren't as deep as wr. And garrappolo will still throw to him, now that they Bennett as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yea, its a tough one. Gonna have to build a list of priorities later. My draft is tomorrow night. What you think of Peterson now with Teddy out for the season?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Yea, its a tough one. Gonna have to build a list of priorities later. My draft is tomorrow night. What you think of Peterson now with Teddy out for the season?

My money one is at 7 at buffalo wild wings LOL.

They had the least yardage wise and had the least passing TDs last year with Teddy so the offense will still be by AP. But they have Shaun Hill as the new starter now, so they will stack the box and force Hill to throw it alot. IDk man. Late 1st or early second. I trust AP will still have a good year though. Charles is still iffy and theres only really 4 or 5 pretty good Rbs anyway, like I said, very thin. I do have a sleeper RB though ;)

EDIT: Actually two lol

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Funny so is mine :beer: but at 8pm. Still undecided if I should go in for a top RB over a WR if I get early picks.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Funny so is mine :beer: but at 8pm. Still undecided if I should go in for a top RB over a WR if I get early picks.

We dont know picking wise till I get there. I had the #1 two years in a row a while back. Picking out of a hat.

Depending where im at, top 6, I could take Zeke, of course depending who picked what. Bottom 10, I would go with WR.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Drafted #8 out of 12

Wilson
Rawls
Bernard
Hopkins
Evans
Fleener
John Brown
Cardinals D
Gano

Bench

Buck Allen
Deandre Washington
Artis-Payne
Eifert
Agholor
Michael Thomas

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
With Cruz coming back, should Beckham be drafted high? I would agree with Brown. Especially with Martavis Bryan out for the whole season.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
They have high hopes for Sharpe as well. He will still be OBJ but the O line is pretty horrible though.

Branhammer

Established Member
Drafted #5 in my ESPN PPR league:

QB: Rivers
RB1: Lamar Miller
RB2: Jeremy Langford
WR1: Hopkins
WR2: Keenan Allen
Flx1: Jarvis Landry
Flx2: Eric Decker
TE: Witten
D: Bengals
K: Boswell
Bench:
Duke Johnson
Rashad Jennings
Matthew Stafford
Tyler Eifert (Will be starting TE when he returns)
Isaiah Crowell
Tajae Sharpe

I think I'm a lock for the playoffs as long as my players stay healthy.

Then in my half-PPR money league (Yahoo), the commissioner screwed up the draft time and I was driving to a family dinner when the draft started (was supposed to start 2 hours earlier). I missed my first pick and ended up auto-drafting David Johnson with the #4 overall. Wasn't happy about it but I think I managed to salvage it with this team:

QB: Carson Palmer
RB1: David Johnson
RB2: Latavius Murray
WR1: Alshon Jeffery
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
WR3: Eric Decker
Flx1: Marvin Jones
Flx2: Duke Johnson
TE: Gary Barnidge
D: Vikings
K: Boswell
Bench:
Zach Ertz
Eli Manning
Chris Ivory
Sterling Shepard
IDPs:
No one cares about IDPs...

For the record, I missed my first pick because the Yahoo app is probably the worse FF app there is. NO audible indication when it's your turn to pick. I was driving and my wife had my phone, but when my pick came up, we didn't even know. Also, the amount of players we start in this league is insane. 4 bench spots....crazy.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
There's an audible alert when it's your turn. I know because I got stuck on the road during my draft and got it ALL ****ed up.

Branhammer

Established Member
There's an audible alert when it's your turn. I know because I got stuck on the road during my draft and got it ALL ****ed up.
On Yahoo? I couldn't get one to come on. There's definitely an audible alert on the ESPN app. Maybe I didn't have the latest update for Yahoo? I don't know...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
On Yahoo? I couldn't get one to come on. There's definitely an audible alert on the ESPN app. Maybe I didn't have the latest update for Yahoo? I don't know...

Yeah on Yahoo. I couldn't sit and watch it because I was driving so I'd just wait for the alert before scrambling to make my crappy pick. Draft ended right when I got home lol.

Users who are viewing this thread