Official 2016 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Branhammer

Established Member
Off topic, but....Anyone else notice the profile pic they use for Andrew Luck on pretty much all the web sites and wonder if, just maybe, they could have used a slightly less "rapey" picture of him?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
All I have to say the ESPN fantasy app is MUCH better than the NFL one. NFL is a POS!! You can’t even draft thru the damn app!!!!

Anyways, I didnt get everyone I wanted but not bad, just need better back up’s.

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Mark Ingram
RB Ameer Abdullah (I need to trade him)
WR Antonio Brown
WR Amari Cooper
TE Greg Olsen
W/R Deshaun Jackson

K Stephen Gostkowski
Def Cardinals

Bench

QB Blake Bortles
QB Philip Rivers
RB Arian Foster
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Ted Ginn
TE Martellus Bennett

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Not bad. Apparently Gronk might not play? starting Bennett would be a good idea, Foster will prob get most of the carries in MIA. I would trade one of the two QBs in the bench too.

And the yes, the ESPN app is good.

EDIT:

1st pick out of our waiver wire, picked up Spencer Ware and Prescott. Prescott could be a trade bait since I have Russell Wilson. Charles will be out for the first month so he will be give me value till then.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow, I didnt know that. Gronk was just named the captain too!

Yes, Foster is the starter and will get the most carries but they are playing the Seahawks. I dont see him doing much there. Yea, im looking to trade one the QB’s, probably Bortles and Ameer for a better RB but at this point im stuck since no one wants to. Its fine anyways, week one hasnt started so it might change.

I think I might start Olsen over Bennett for now. Cardinals have a strong defense and this will be both Jimmy G and Bennett first official game starting together.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I see the Cards D being a top 3 D this year. I drafted them too, upgrades up front will help the back end a lot. Some people dont look at D and Ks till the very end but no me LOL. Ameer could have a bounce back year though. I got mainly sleepers and handcuffs of other RBs in my bench haha.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Coby Fleener or Sterling Shepard at flex? I can see Fleener having the better matchup vs the LBs than WRs vs their corners.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Shepard had a good first game last week, Eli will go well against Saints I believe. That's a tough one.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I’m torn. I used my 2 trades this week so hoping to move them ASAP for next. I have

RB M. Ingram - Starter
RB J. Forsett - Starter
RB T. Coleman - W/R

WR A. Cooper - Starter
WR A. Brown - Starter

WR A. Boldin - Bench
WR Ted Ginn - Bench
WR DeSean Jackson - Bench

I have one open spot on my bench and thinking of trading and adding the following.

Drop RB Forsett ---- Add RB Charles Sims
Open Spot for RB Dwayne Washington
Drop WR Anquan Boldin or WR Ted Ginn —— Add either WR Josh Gordon or WR Mike Wallace. Or maybe drop both Ginn for Wallace and Gordon. I play in a standard league.

I’m thinking of going for Josh Gordon especially since I am very positive he will be the go to receiver BUT the QB helming the Browns is in question and he hasn’t played in 2~ years? What you guys think about the other moves?

Last edited:

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
I’m torn. I used my 2 trades this week so hoping to move them ASAP for next. I have

RB M. Ingram - Starter
RB J. Forsett - Starter
RB T. Coleman - W/R

WR A. Cooper - Starter
WR A. Brown - Starter

WR A. Boldin - Bench
WR Ted Ginn - Bench
WR DeSean Jackson - Bench

I have one open spot on my bench and thinking of trading and adding the following.

Drop RB Forsett ---- Add RB Charles Sims
Open Spot for RB Dwayne Washington
Drop WR Anquan Boldin or WR Ted Ginn —— Add either WR Josh Gordon or WR Mike Wallace. Or maybe drop both Ginn for Wallace and Gordon. I play in a standard league.

I’m thinking of going for Josh Gordon especially since I am very positive he will be the go to receiver BUT the QB helming the Browns is in question and he hasn’t played in 2~ years? What you guys think about the other moves?

How has noone picked up or drafted mike wallace?? Or drafted josh gordon. Is this a 10 team standard?

I'm in one 10 team standard and made sure to stash Gordon away with like a 13th round pick while everyone else was picking up kickers or whatever.

I would drop ginn, and boldin, pick up and probably play wallace in the flex this week over your other options, and pick up Gordon.

Your RB's are lacking severely (well everyone's is unless you have Williams,Forte,Anderson,Blount almost every team minus a few is time-sharing)
Sims would be a welcome edition, or Cameron-Payne from Carolina is the starter there.

What does the entire team look like, you holding 2 qbs and 2 te's?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How has noone picked up or drafted mike wallace?? Or drafted josh gordon. Is this a 10 team standard?

I'm in one 10 team standard and made sure to stash Gordon away with like a 13th round pick while everyone else was picking up kickers or whatever.

I would drop ginn, and boldin, pick up and probably play wallace in the flex this week over your other options, and pick up Gordon.

Your RB's are lacking severely (well everyone's is unless you have Williams,Forte,Anderson,Blount almost every team minus a few is time-sharing)
Sims would be a welcome edition, or Cameron-Payne from Carolina is the starter there.

What does the entire team look like, you holding 2 qbs and 2 te's?

Someone drafted Josh Gordon but released him this week. Yes, 10 team standard and yes 2 QB's and 2 TE's. I dropped Cousins and picked Stafford and timing was perfect, got me almost 30 points today.
I have Greg Olson starting TE and Bennett benched which im thinking for trading him for Eric Ebron.

Stupid NFL app wasnt allowing me to draft so I had to wait till I got home, luckily I made it in time to make some movements. So I missed out big on the RB's since it auto draft me the first 3 rounds.

This Week starters

QB Matt Stafford
RB Justin Forsett --- Dropping for Charles Sims Next Week
RB Mark Ingram
WR Antonio Brown
WR Amari Cooper
TE Greg Olsen
W/R Tevin Coleman

Bench
QB Blake Bortles
WR Anquan Boldin -- Drop for either Wallace or Gordon
WR Tedd Ginn -- Drop for same
WR DeSean Jackson
TE Martellus Bennett -- Thinking of Dropping for Eric Ebron
Open Spot -- Probably get Dwayne Washington

Kicker
Gostkowski

Def
Arizon

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
What is it with the defenses I go against suddenly exploding and costing me the game every week?? Minnesota in week 1, Denver in week 2, and now KC in week 3! Cost me the win each damn week. Sonofabitch.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I don't want to talk about it, I inherited a team in a keeper dynasty league and my 3 keepers were Freeman, AP, and Keenan Allen

But I know, I freaking know, the second I take him out, he'll have a 30+ game....

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Second week where me and my opponent have the same FF score, down to the tenth of a point.

Tied the first week.

I have Freeman and Tamme, he has Brees.

I would feel a lot more comfortable if Freeman could find his early 2015 self.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Besides Hopkins, Evans, and Shepard, everyone else im my team blows. Rawls has been hurt, Bernard so incosistent, and Wilson gets hurt every week. Might start Prescott over Wilson next week.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So many inconsistencies this year.. and freeman is so far a bust... ****er. Lol

I don't want to talk about it, I inherited a team in a keeper dynasty league and my 3 keepers were Freeman, AP, and Keenan Allen

Second week where me and my opponent have the same FF score, down to the tenth of a point.

Tied the first week.

I have Freeman and Tamme, he has Brees.

I would feel a lot more comfortable if Freeman could find his early 2015 self.
Great to see Freeman had a hell of a game. Coleman as well, 3 TD’s! He got me back up to top 3 in my league pretty much tying for 1st ahah

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Go after Siemian (got the Bucs and Falcons next two weeks) or keep Prescott (@49ers and home to Cincy)? Im benching Wilson, im done lol.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Both QB’s have been getting better and better with each game. I would be torn as well ahah Prescott has played it safer with 0 int’s but Buc’s and Falcon’s defense have given up ton of points. I would probably slide with Siemian

Users who are viewing this thread