official gran turismo 5 thread

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hey, guys.. Will there be any racing events coming up? I'm an avid fan of GT5 and I love racing online with others just as long as the room is set up right.

We haven't gotten together in a LONG time with a room, but I'm always down for a few laps. I like playing as clean as possible, but if the word is to race dirty, I like doing that as well.

Mainn

Established Member
I'm always ready to do some runs on the weekend (If my connection's good enough).

I just completed the Lightning fully modded on The Ring. I'll link the channel and the video once it has finished rendering and uploading.

9 minute 22 second video...that's the Ring for ya. Estimated time remaining until the render has finished on my computer is over 2 hours. Yay.

I also have to upload it afterwards with a 0.7mbps upload speed. Australia...that's gonna take a while too.

Hopefully it will have finished, uploaded, and linked here in 12 hours or so.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Nice run and you almost lost it once or twice! If I have time, I'll give it a go tonight and post a picture if it's worth posting.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I see you ran a 7:24. I just ran mine and did 7:16 on the first try with room to spare. I'll update this post with the screenshot of my time. It was legit with no redlighting.

Fully modded Lightning with everything done. This was done using the DS3 controller.

Edit:
IMAG0417_zps4d9621fd.jpg

Last edited:

Mainn

Established Member
I see you ran a 7:24. I just ran mine and did 7:16 on the first try with room to spare. I'll update this post with the screenshot of my time. It was legit with no redlighting.

Fully modded Lightning with everything done.

Damn. Too slow (pun intended).

Yeah, Nurburgring definitely isn't my greatest track. That's a very nice time. Have you changed the settings at all, and are you using TC or skid recovery?

I used all stock settings except for the transmission, and the driver settings you could see in the video. Can you give me another car and track for me to run on? Thanks.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have the suspension tuned with all assist off and manual transmission(tuned to top out around 180mph). Race Soft tires as well.

Last edited:

Mainn

Established Member
[youtube_browser]-RcA5-D6fIc[/youtube_browser]

Driving starts at 1:29. Aston Martin DB9, No Mods @ Top Gear Test Track. :)

Anyone want to give me another challenge??

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
[youtube_browser]-RcA5-D6fIc[/youtube_browser]

Driving starts at 1:29. Aston Martin DB9, No Mods @ Top Gear Test Track. :)

Anyone want to give me another challenge??

I'll see about giving this track a run tonight. As far as the next one, run "Autumn Ring Mini" with a 2000 Cobra R, all stock.

Mainn

Established Member
I'll see about giving this track a run tonight. As far as the next one, run "Autumn Ring Mini" with a 2000 Cobra R, all stock.

Good luck :)

I'll do the Cobra next. By the way - all these laps are the first ones I get clean in, I don't practice for a bit and then go for the fastest. Just defending my bad lap times here. ;)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Good luck :)

I'll do the Cobra next. By the way - all these laps are the first ones I get clean in, I don't practice for a bit and then go for the fastest. Just defending my bad lap times here. ;)

Ran the DB9 to 1.23.666 with only two laps. A little more practice I think I can do better but you got me beat with a 1.22.5.

Ran the Cobra R all stock on Autumn Ring Mini to 44.307. I'll post a picture if needed.

Mainn

Established Member
Ran the DB9 to 1.23.666 with only two laps. A little more practice I think I can do better but you got me beat with a 1.22.5.

Ran the Cobra R all stock on Autumn Ring Mini to 44.307. I'll post a picture if needed.

Picture not needed. I believe it. You can if you want to though. :)

Your DB9 time isn't too bad. With a ds3 it's harder on tight tracks like it because there's less control in my opinion. DB9 isn't the greatest car to drive however.

I'll do the Cobra tonight and upload it if I get enough time to do so. I wanna play some BO2 too, so I'll see what I can do. (Tonight being in 7 hours or so)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
[youtube_browser]0GJ1W7ZrV2c[/youtube_browser]

You got me beat.

YOU ARE SOOOO CLOSE!!! Your driving is a lot cleaner than mine and I bet if you pushed a smidge harder, you would smoke me.

Last night I was running my modded(hacked/26,000hp) R8 in a lobby(TGTT) and smoking other hacked cars. One guy kept bringing something new and I kept tearing him a new one. Then he brought out a green Subaru and I thought to myself "I'm going to smoke that green turd." Well low and behold, that car was INSANE!!!!!! He could run end to end at the TGTT before I could even get halfway!!!

So, I traded him my modded Lightning and he is supposed to send the Subaru, but I won't know until I get home. Oh, and thanks to Tunedprt for the modded R8 and Lightning:beer:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Anyone up for some drunk racing

I have been trying to get you to join but you aren't responding!!! I may be on later tonight.

Edit: I was on tonight and no one else was... So I decided to make my Saleen S7 look like the S7TT Competition version that has 1000hp.

TheTopGearTestTrack_1_zps605da7bc.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack_zps5ad4802e.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack_2_zps56328ef0.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack_3_zpsa800980e.jpg

Last edited:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
So, I traded him my modded Lightning and he is supposed to send the Subaru, but I won't know until I get home. Oh, and thanks to Tunedprt for the modded R8 and Lightning:beer:

No problem:beer: Im still running around 6 modded cars but I keep them around 1000hp so I dont get kicked out of rooms lol. Still keeping them full weight makes it kinda even when I drag race people, with a slight edge going to me ;-)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I am gonna be on later. Where do you get the S7? I was looking at my list and dont have one. I just purchased the Mazda prototype with 4 rotary engines for a cool 1.5 mil and it sucks! It does look good though.

Users who are viewing this thread