official gran turismo 5 thread

Tunedprt91

Established Member
AWESOME!
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known I could do this NOW. I know this was doable earlier this year, but it was patched. I guess there are people that updating the editor to comply with sony's updates?

Anyone know if its possible to use a Ferrari F1 in the lemans car races? or tweak the PP rules?

I knew you could still do the hp glitch but when a guy pulled up in a awd v8 pt cruiser I had to go see if there was a new editor out and sure enough it was lol. Hmm that just gave me an idea for my last swap..

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I knew you could still do the hp glitch but when a guy pulled up in a awd v8 pt cruiser I had to go see if there was a new editor out and sure enough it was lol. Hmm that just gave me an idea for my last swap..

I'd like to see you make an AWD Saleen S7 that's being shown in the pic/vid section. Push it to 2000hp and see what it runs in the 1 mile!!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Thats the old one that works with adding crazy hp, money, and giving yourself stuff like cars etc. The new one has a different look and make sure its 1.6(yours looks like 1.3)

Basically save your game data from gt5 to a usb and then put the usb in your computer. Open garage editor 1.6 and then load up your file from a drop down menu on the top left. Whatever car you were in will pop up as the one thats being modded. Click on the changes you want and after youre done click hybred car. A window will pop up saying everything worked. Exit out, put the usb back in your ps3, and load the saved file from your usb. Youre basically over writing the old file thats still on the ps3 with the one you just made on your computer and it will ask if youre sure. Last start up gt5 and go to gt auto and after that go mod it to see if it worked.

Not sure what the heck i am doing wrong. How do i load a saved file?
Basically it says my modifications have been applied. I exit out and remove the usb and connect it to the ps. Then i go to the usb saved games and i have no option to load so I just start the game and still have the same specs:shrug:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not sure what the heck i am doing wrong. How do i load a saved file?
Basically it says my modifications have been applied. I exit out and remove the usb and connect it to the ps. Then i go to the usb saved games and i have no option to load so I just start the game and still have the same specs:shrug:
You have to drag that saved file back into the usb then load it in the ps3.

FIRST, from ps3: you have to take the save file and put it into a usb.
Take the usb and put it into a win 7 desktop/laptop (i tried Win XP and gt5 editor doesnt work).
Drag and drop the GT5 save where you can load it for the next step.
Load GT5 editor 1.6, select backup and load that gt5 save file. *Your PSN should auto populate*
click load car info and it will load the car you're currently seated in, in gt5.
start modding and click "hybrid car" and it will save back to the save you originally dropped from the usb.
Get that same save file and put it back into the usb, transfer that save into the ps3. done
*** dont forget to back up your save, before you do any of this!***

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Ok I got a few numbers. These are all stock with super soft tires and then with the motor swaps. I didnt do anything but swap the motors to see what they would gain.

Miata- stock 17.8 1/4--LT5 Swap-12.5 1/4

Cobra R- stock 13.0 1/4--02 Viper Gts swap- 12.2

Civic Hatch- stock 15.8 1/4--2jz+rwd swap- 12.8

They all could do better with some tweaked gearing but I didnt want to mess with anything. After the runs I did mod them a little though. Does anyone want the miata or the civic? The v10 cobra is all mine lol(evil laugh)

eatk.jpg

Cell phone pics

e0uf.jpg

p2dx.jpg

0i2v.jpg

Edit: I have one last car if anyone wants it. Its a 02 prowler with a 6.0 str8 challenger motor and trans.

Last edited:

Riddla

Established Member
i give up for the day. I keep getting ''something went wrong while decrypting'' tried two usb flash drives with the same thing. Following the video step by step.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I dont know whats messing you up. I got a lightning with a ford gt motor and trans if you want it since your ram isnt working. I also made a focus st with the same combo. So far all the cars handle like a dream and are fun in the corners. The lt5 miata is a blast.

Riddla

Established Member
Well i modify the car and exit out of the editor. How do i save those specs to the flash? I check my files on the usb and it doesnt change at all?

Riddla

Established Member
It should automatically save. Do you have the file pulled up in the editor while you are making your changes?

When i open up the editor i go to

1.Select back up
2.Browse my usb and a click on the file that says BSCU918 or something like that inside the PS3 folder
3. Type in my PSN
4. Load vehicle
5. do the mods and credits etc
6. Exit out
7. Check my files on my usb to see if the date and time changes but they dont.
8. I boot up ps3 and go to Save data utility
9. Go to usb device and i click on copy (at this point nothing has change i still have the same credits)
10. Fail
:shrug:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Where do you get to run the quarter mile? I can't find it on my game

Its a track you have to download from the ps3 store

When i open up the editor i go to

1.Select back up
2.Browse my usb and a click on the file that says BSCU918 or something like that inside the PS3 folder
3. Type in my PSN
4. Load vehicle
5. do the mods and credits etc
6. Exit out
7. Check my files on my usb to see if the date and time changes but they dont.
8. I boot up ps3 and go to Save data utility
9. Go to usb device and i click on copy (at this point nothing has change i still have the same credits)
10. Fail
:shrug:

I dont know man :shrug: Wish I could help

Riddla

Established Member
Yeah I just gave up on it, is GT5 slow? I mean when i start the game i can see the options but it takes about a minute before i can select anything:sleeping:

For some reason I try accepting Black92's gift car but it keeps saying upload fail or sometimes it does nothing.

I think it might be my game

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Yeah I just gave up on it, is GT5 slow? I mean when i start the game i can see the options but it takes about a minute before i can select anything:sleeping:

For some reason I try accepting Black92's gift car but it keeps saying upload fail or sometimes it does nothing.

I think it might be my game

YOU NEVER GOT THE CAR I SENT YOU????? It does seem that it's been taking a little longer for the game to boot up from the start, so it's not just you.

Tuned - I sent you the Subaru, so enjoy! Copy it and see if you can view what the heck was done to make it so fast.

Here are some pics. First is a Vette I took some time ago and never uploaded. Next are the cars Tunedprt91 sent and I painted/put rims on.

Kyoto-Shoren-in_zps4fc5469b.jpg

370Z
TheTopGearTestTrack_4_zps25e9197b.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_3_zpsb5b9b40b.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_2_zps914dd436.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_1_zps7090a545.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_zpsb04e6304.jpg

300Z
SpecialStageRouteX_1_zps1da71373.jpg

SpecialStageRouteX_zpsabb72bc0.jpg

Tunedprt91

Established Member
More pics of black92 and I at the ring in our ls9 swapped 370z's. I think he is right around 1000hp and im at 700hp. It was a blast! Btw black do you have a saleen s7 you could send me? The old garage editor had the option to gift yourself whatever car you wanted but this new one doesnt.

1fhx.jpg

ycag.jpg

t0qo.jpg

6xuo.jpg

dcot.jpg

dg0v.jpg

61ue.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread