Oil Change HORROR!!!

vipergts281

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
wow thanks man, where can i get this filter at also motorcraft FL-820-s filter. i'll be heading down to pep boys tomorrow to pick up my rhino ramps, then stop by walmart next door to get some mobil 1 synthetic 5w30 and the oil filter above as soon as someone tells me where i can get it! thanks
Only place I can find them is AutoZone....besides Ford of course.

Most

Established Member
Sorry, but as a European, I never heard a "quart"
Is this 1/4 of a gallon?
How much is this in Liters?

Thanks for your help - and a happy new year!
Stefan

moesis-svt_schloss%20vlu1_licht_350x261.jpg

BenD

Established Member
Huh!

PM me, together we can find a good "Shrink" for you! I think lots of Cobra owners on this site will pitch in to help! Sorry to hear about your illness.

Chas

Established Member
About 8 years ago I had Wal-Mart change the oil in my 95 GT and the clerks going over the bill with me, it went something like this;
Clerk: OK we put 6 Quarts of oil in her.
Me: It only holds 5.
Clerk: The mechanic said...

Chas

Established Member
Opps pulled the triger to fast, Anyway
I had to argue with them to drain the extra quart out. Then he told me that the MECHANIC said synthetic oil will scratch the BLOCK. The best part is I had to jack it up and tighten the oil filter 2 day later. That was the last time I had my oil change at Wally World.

red03dave

Established Member
FWIW .... my Cobra takes just a touch less than 7 quarts EVERY OIL change and I have no leaks or anything that would suggest I've overfilled.... My last 03 took exactly 6.5 quarts everytime....

Just thought I'd throw in my experience.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Well mine takes about 6 1/2. When i change my oil i let it drain for a good 10 mins this way almost all of the old is out. I would never take it to a wal-mart of Iffy-Lube, thats right Iffy-Lube becuase its if they put oil back in your car or changed the right fluids. Did you know that they replace atleast 1 engine and tranny a month. Thats just stupid they have morons working there and i think the quilifaction for that job is breathing!

Last edited:

psucobra

Established Member
I have and old set of Black Rhino ramps and my Cobra doesnt fit up on them. When I slide them up to the front wheels they are about an inch to tall to clear that rubber lip under the front fascia. Are the newer grey ramps any shorter?

Users who are viewing this thread