Ok I have a question has anybody herd a (Pre Production Cobra?)

qwikhuh

Established Member
What ever happened to this car? There was one of these at Carlisle a few years back. It was black with a 95 grey interior, 95 Cobra wing, 95 tailights, stock 96 Cobra wheels, stock 96 Cobra hood....Very cool car with a great story behind it. I hope it went to someone that appreciates what they got.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Wow, this takes the cake. I've never seen someone who wanted to give their car away like this. This is something we'll see in a museum someday or in a priceless collection that we all wished we had.

:shrug:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
wtf...it sold for $10,100...wonder what he was on.... just a normal 95 cobra with low miles is worth that. never mind a prototype
i think i would've called jay leno to see if he wanted to buy it.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
he said, he needed to buy some "land" or buy a 03/04 cobra. i don't know which one but very poor choice to sell it like that. i would of been patient and sold the car WELL, at a auction or something.....

that car had it all. sweet limited slip, hood, and some other parts. and to top off, maybe one of the first mod motors in a sn95....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
why are these tards selling it for so cheap? is there something horribly wrong with it?
does it have a really bad interior odor? lol

CY98Cobra

Established Member
If you need money you take whatever you can get. Investing in land is much smarter than investing in a car.

Plus, has anybody ever thought that the car was fake? Maybe they are hyping it up as some prototype when in facts it's a regular cobra with a motor swap or what not.

Jammer

Guys, I sold the car cheap, to a collector or money maker or whatever he is. Im on my way to the Airport to pick him up aed give him the car. Its a beautiful car , just some minor chips and small scratches and normal stuff. Looks great, runs great... . I bought the car and couldnt bring myself to mod it to hell, as it was /is a peice of history... and the $V looked like hell to work on for a chevy guy like me. The new owner will be very happy Im sure, and thats fine with me. The car was a steal in my opinion. I actually found paperwork where the car was transported from RPP to its first registrant. The car smells like air freshener if anything BTW, lol. Thanks all. and yes, I will miss it and could have shopped for some nut to pay 30k or called Jay Leno or whatever...but this guy will get more joy than I will money, so thats good enough for me.
J-man

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Well, I know enough to know that not all the claims of Mark Young, the current owner, are true.

This car was never a 1P or 4P unit, and it never had a Cobra R hood, and it never was used by any of Ford's suppliers as any part of the 1995 Cobra R program, this car was not even built until March of 1995, the Cobra R program was all-done by then.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i saw this car at mustang week, if it is the same one...it was in a magazine, i am from CT and have never seen it here in my 20 years, but that is a rare car i am pretty sure 5.0 mustangs or MM&FF did a article on it and it was displayed at mustang week with the other show cars... rare and badass

Users who are viewing this thread