On3 Performance Turbo Kit Install

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I just realized....this build thread hasn't actually shown a daytime "true" pic of my car. lol

Here is a shot I took earlier. Needs a bath!

DSC_0002.jpg

pea_jay

Established Member
Wow i love threads like this....Great job man! That go pro makes for some interesting race footage also! Great looking car!

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Most of the questions being asked, have answers on the first page of this thread.

Thanks again.

codycat91

Established Member
How does the quality compare to say Hellion. If I wanted a solid 700+ hp turbo, could I just upgrade the turbo and supporting mods and will that kit hold up to it?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I would never run a Hellion kit.

I would make my own kit, before I would spend that kind of money on a turbo kit.

My honest opinion, which does not mean much at this point (due to not having this kit on long enough) is;

Nothing on this kit can be improved upon, except the turbo, WG, BOV. The 16 GA. Stainless is awesome, and everything fits perfect.

From this experience....I truly do not understand how any one has issues with these kits. I honestly just think it is installer error/lack of skills. 100%.

crazycarlo

Established Member
car looks good and sounds good man. I was going to build a turbo kit using a hotside from someone in TX and build my own cold side. Enjoy it :)

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member

I would make my own kit, before I would spend that kind of money on a turbo kit.

My honest opinion, which does not mean much at this point (due to not having this kit on long enough) is;

Nothing on this kit can be improved upon, except the turbo, WG, BOV. The 16 GA. Stainless is awesome, and everything fits perfect.

From this experience....I truly do not understand how any one has issues with these kits. I honestly just think it is installer error/lack of skills. 100%.
I'd have to agree...Having bought a Hellion kit before, and knowing what I know now and how simple a turbo setup can be I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money again. Only thing I can say is that with the Hellion kit you get a bigger intercooler, better wg and bpv, and turbo. If you upgrade that stuff on the On3 kit you'll be close in price, but with forward facing headers and a kit already setup for blow through maf.

turnpike_cruise

4.10's FTMFW
Established Member

When we installed the on3 kit, I was very impressed. Having never installed a turbo on anything before, we had very minor issues. Most of which was a result of Ford changing minor things on the car, ie exhaust manifold stud lengths.

I would not hesitate to do another on3 kit. Even the dyno shop was impressed.

CPRsm

Eh, seriously doubt it. When a guy like Bob Kurgan can't get a kit to seal right, doubt it's installer error. They are plagued with spooling problems like you have amongst other things. There are way too many people with problems to blame them all on installer error.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Eh, seriously doubt it. When a guy like Bob Kurgan can't get a kit to seal right, doubt it's installer error. They are plagued with spooling problems like you have amongst other things. There are way too many people with problems to blame them all on installer error.

Eh, we can agree to disagree.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
The negativity is amazing on forums. Do people have nothing better to do?

I would probably hate on a 10 second,T45, On3 budget show car too.

Auto trans is coming..... I cant wait to see this thing go low 10's-high 9's......with such cheap and stock parts.

Users who are viewing this thread