On3 Performance Twin Turbo install on a 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

Established Member
Stock converter? You need to get out to the track and get us some results :beer:

on3performance

Car looks great and hope to make it down to Texas for the Tx2k with my 2011. We have a spot at the Omni so if we make it down Ill get ahold of you.

He is currently on the stock converter to answer the question above

jdubb7269

Established Member
so everyone knows i just did an install of this kit on a 2011 and it had the same issues so its not that its not 2013 friendly. exhaust bolts and intercooler mounts were an issue but easy to overcome. i did the install on the floor in my shop, no lift, in a few evenings after work. still waiting on the new ac line and boot for the throttle body and shes done. if it were my car id cut the pipe from intercooler to throttle body and weld in a larger maf housing to eliminate the need for the "maf upgrade" which is only necessary since he put the maf in a 3inch pipe. directions with it leave something to be desired but all in all a nice kit. i used dei cool tape on some wires that i felt were pretty close to heat sources. rerouting wiring and mounting the fuse box and ecu took the most time,but im being pretty anal since its not my car

anybody whos near st louis missouri thats considering this kit or any other for that matter and wants advice or install pm me. thanks

Xxbmxlsxx installed my on3 kit. I don't have all the pictures boosted5oh has, but here are a couple. The coupler going to throttle body looks a little weird because I have an aftermarket throttle body, and the coupler from on3 didn't fit.

20130304_163533_zps428c6b64.jpg

Resampled952013-02-239517-26-0595648_zps2add6c67.jpg

Resampled952013-02-239517-25-4295792_zps14154198.jpg

Resampled952013-03-029520-09-1195198_zps1eb6004c.jpg

Resampled952013-03-029520-08-2995596_zps04e9db7a.jpg

jdubb7269

Established Member
so everyone knows i just did an install of this kit on a 2011 and it had the same issues so its not that its not 2013 friendly. exhaust bolts and intercooler mounts were an issue but easy to overcome. i did the install on the floor in my shop, no lift, in a few evenings after work. still waiting on the new ac line and boot for the throttle body and shes done. if it were my car id cut the pipe from intercooler to throttle body and weld in a larger maf housing to eliminate the need for the "maf upgrade" which is only necessary since he put the maf in a 3inch pipe. directions with it leave something to be desired but all in all a nice kit. i used dei cool tape on some wires that i felt were pretty close to heat sources. rerouting wiring and mounting the fuse box and ecu took the most time,but im being pretty anal since its not my car

anybody whos near st louis missouri thats considering this kit or any other for that matter and wants advice or install pm me. thanks

Xxbmxlsxx installed my on3 kit. I don't have all the pictures boosted5oh has, but here are a couple. The coupler going to throttle body looks a little weird because I have an aftermarket throttle body, and the coupler from on3 didn't fit.

20130304_163533_zps428c6b64.jpg

Resampled952013-02-239517-26-0595648_zps2add6c67.jpg

Resampled952013-02-239517-25-4295792_zps14154198.jpg

Resampled952013-03-029520-09-1195198_zps1eb6004c.jpg

Resampled952013-03-029520-08-2995596_zps04e9db7a.jpg

20130108_162713_zpsdef8f257.jpg

skulls

Established Member
its cheap stuff...especially the turbos, a small good garrett coolant cooled, ball bearing turbo is 2400 alone and like someone else said 2 tial waste gates are 700.00, so with just a good set of turbos and waste gates, you over 5k...

it sure does look SICK!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bud

Established Member
Have to set expectations appropriately, this kit + a cheaper used 5.0 could be an cheap way into 9's. But so would a paxton setup and it would probably do it easier, cleaner, and more reliably.

Last edited:

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Love the setup. Sucks we won't get to run though. Cops are really bad this year

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
Have to set expectations appropriately, this kit + a cheaper used 5.0 could be an cheap way into 9's. But so would a paxton setup and it would probably do it easier, cleaner, and more reliably.

why would a paxton be easier and cleaner and more reliable, just out of curiousity

i have a vortech so im happy but..
adjusting boost is easier on turbo car, install time wasnt much different, the turbos have more hp potential, install looks sick as hell, we dont really know the longevity of either setup but you should know that turbos are easier on a stock motor than superchargers so that is more reliable

this kit was well worth the money, i installed it. sure its chinese knockoff stuff but so what. if chad at on3 couldve had an american company produce these as fast and as good as them at a competitive price, he would have . there always less expensive ways to do things that can in alot of cases be better. but we will see after some time on the road

Bloo

Established Member
why would a paxton be easier and cleaner and more reliable, just out of curiousity

i have a vortech so im happy but..
adjusting boost is easier on turbo car, install time wasnt much different, the turbos have more hp potential, install looks sick as hell, we dont really know the longevity of either setup but you should know that turbos are easier on a stock motor than superchargers so that is more reliable

this kit was well worth the money, i installed it. sure its chinese knockoff stuff but so what. if chad at on3 couldve had an american company produce these as fast and as good as them at a competitive price, he would have . there always less expensive ways to do things that can in alot of cases be better. but we will see after some time on the road

How long does it take you to install this kit and what do you charge?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I don't know numbers yet, but I have seen him walk a TT C5 Z06 like it was standing still....and I'm pretty sure that Z wasn't low on power. :eek:

on3performance

These turbos roll down the exact same assembly line as the quickest turbo coyote car on the streets right now. Its weird that people knock the turbos and various products yet on other applications not a word is said, thats the internet for you I guess

Josh, any video footage from the weekend? I ended up having to trailer a car down to FL on short notice last week so my schedule changed, I was bummed out to miss the TX event. Your car isn't the one on youtube racing the ZR1 is it?

on3performance

Also after looking through your photos and some of the hardware kits, they were bagged up with 12pt bolts for the headers which should have been 10mm 1.5. Come to find out we were shipped 12mm 1.75 which got put into some of the kits. Those were intended to be used on the few tight spots to the primaries where you ground down the bolts it looks like. I have corrected that

CPRsm

These turbos roll down the exact same assembly line as the quickest turbo coyote car on the streets right now. Its weird that people knock the turbos and various products yet on other applications not a word is said, thats the internet for you I guess
Same assembly line doesn't always mean same quality. That aside, those turbos just don't last. I used them when I first started playing with turbos. Everyone one of them wiped the thrust. And not just on my cars. Other DIYers locally, same problem. Never came apart so no one thought to look. Once mine started to leak we found my thrust was shot checked them all. Every single one was bad.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
Same assembly line doesn't always mean same quality. That aside, those turbos just don't last. I used them when I first started playing with turbos. Everyone one of them wiped the thrust. And not just on my cars. Other DIYers locally, same problem. Never came apart so no one thought to look. Once mine started to leak we found my thrust was shot checked them all. Every single one was bad.
hmmm:pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread