On3 tt or Paxton?

JP0814GT

Established Member
Generally is someone is going turbo they are pushing stuff. Your average blower owner is content w safe power. Turbo owners you will find more often than not have an addictive behavior. Same reason turbo projects take longer as well. More upgrades at the same time. Not just installing it on a stock motor and going on their way. Case in point: 2 customers already making over 900rwhp are already looking to sleeve blocks because they want more. Niether have been running even 3 months. For the most part turbo owners are just a bat shit crazy.
<--This guy included lol

I have to agree I'm in this category lol. I had two PD's & a Paxton maxed them all out now turbo.. Some say turbo's fail more than a blower but the turbo market also has a lot low quality low buck units available.
Choose the turbo wisely and keep it in it's efficiency range and it's going to serve you we'll..
The negative to High HP Paxton & VORTECH setups on these cars is the belts and even 8 rib is going to give problems. You always have to keep your shift points off the rev limiter even an accidental hit on the rev limiter will break what ever belt is on it.. 6 / 8rib even green belts these blowers are hell on belts.. Plus I wanted more mid range power the larger centri blower lack on the low-mid range power.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have to agree I'm in this category lol. I had two PD's & a Paxton maxed them all out now turbo.. Some say turbo's fail more than a blower but the turbo market also has a lot low quality low buck units available.
Choose the turbo wisely and keep it in it's efficiency range and it's going to serve you we'll..
The negative to High HP Paxton & VORTECH setups on these cars is the belts and even 8 rib is going to give problems. You always have to keep your shift points off the rev limiter even an accidental hit on the rev limiter will break what ever belt is on it.. 6 / 8rib even green belts these blowers are hell on belts.. Plus I wanted more mid range power the larger centri blower lack on the low-mid range power.

we ran 9.0's at full weights on the jt (vortech's equivalent of the 2200) 3875lbs

never had issues with belts ever. if you select the right belt combination, you should never have issues. if you top the belt on the tensioner, and hit the limiter, you will snap them.

in over 4 years, you never see anyone posting about breaking belts on these cars

JP0814GT

Established Member
we ran 9.0's at full weights on the jt (vortech's equivalent of the 2200) 3875lbs

never had issues with belts ever. if you select the right belt combination, you should never have issues. if you top the belt on the tensioner, and hit the limiter, you will snap them.

in over 4 years, you never see anyone posting about breaking belts on these cars
My problems with my novi 2200 & belts was on my 08 3 valve. The Coyote may be a better belt route design. The 3 valve had a single belt to wrap around all. The Coyote has 2 belts sharing the duties so most likely they hold up better on the Coyote.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Just helped my buddy install a On3 TT kit on his 13 GT auto, there are some definite problems with fitment of the hot side piping. But for the price he was happy!! just be prepared to possibly modify the down pipes for clearance issues on the strut towers and the inside of the headers were full of debris from plasma cutting the holes for the primary tubes to be welded in, would have been much more happy to see them holesaw cut!!!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
My Vote goes to the On3 Kit if you can install it yourself.

Just helped my buddy install a On3 TT kit on his 13 GT auto, there are some definite problems with fitment of the hot side piping. But for the price he was happy!! just be prepared to possibly modify the down pipes for clearance issues on the strut towers and the inside of the headers were full of debris from plasma cutting the holes for the primary tubes to be welded in, would have been much more happy to see them holesaw cut!!!

You guys got that on very fast! I cant wait to see what we can get out of it!

Whippled3v

Established Member
On3 ftw, no hate toward paxton setups in the least, they've proven their worth.
But I am very pleased with the on3 kit, I could show some tails to a few of the haters and turn them into believers lol!
Running the base kit on a built motor with no problems

Users who are viewing this thread