• only one lane

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • two lanes for high speed and two for slower speeds

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jsko

Established Member
We would all want one, but Mayo is right, to many morons, and I see most of them from NJ and PA when driving to work.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I couldn't even imagine the wrecks on that road. I would, however, like to see a progressive licensing system that would call for more hand-on training and testing to determine if someone should be allowed to drive certain speed limits.

Jsko

Established Member
What about a stretch, out in the desert? There are areas out there that scarce of traffic most of the time.

I wouldn't see any issues if something like that was setup but also, the autobahn is very well maintained compared to any US Highway's. Most highways I driven on are crap,

frankin

Established Member
I wouldn't see any issues if something like that was setup but also, the autobahn is very well maintained compared to any US Highway's. Most highways I driven on are crap,

I think that is really sad that Europe puts us to shame with thier highway system.

Makes you wonder.

Where does all that nice tax money we pay go?
Must be all those earmarks for the bigger boat, airplane and more whores for our government represenatives.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
It is 100x times easier to get a driver's liscense in the US than it is im most European countries. They are tested and retested and taught the proper way to drive. They dont issue licenses to 16 yr olds, most is 18 and some even 21. I too don't think it would be a good idea cuz too many idiots on the road already. You gatta remember on the Autobahn you wont see a 45 yr old lady in an Escalade on 24''s on her phone...

xonecrazyx

Established Member
im all for that idea . but most people dont maintatin thier cars well enough fo higher speeds let alone trained for it . progressive license a good idea with road test after accidents etc to see if good enough tto drive at that speed

DanTheMan18

Established Member
Nope, because there are people stupid enough that would try to top out their car, talk on the cell phone, and take a sip of coffee all at the same time.

SnakePitRacing

Big Nerd
Established Member
You've obviously never been to Germany. Not all of the Autobahn is wide open anymore. Less and less of it is every year. On top of that, the road looks like a race track over there. Corners banked a little, and maintained like a MOFO. You dont see all that crap on the side of the road like you do here. Bumpers, and pieces of tires from accidents earlier in the week. The laws are soooooo much strickter (sp?) too. Not to offend anyone, but Im sure some of us wold not have licences over there. *removed by moderator - dont circumvent the obscenity filter*

hoamskilet

Established Member
I think the progressive license system is a great idea. I don't think with our lousy highways and number of idiot drivers it would be a good idea to just open up a road to no speed limits.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
You've obviously never been to Germany. Not all of the Autobahn is wide open anymore. Less and less of it is every year. On top of that, the road looks like a race track over there. Corners banked a little, and maintained like a MOFO. You dont see all that crap on the side of the road like you do here. Bumpers, and pieces of tires from accidents earlier in the week. The laws are soooooo much strickter (sp?) too. Not to offend anyone, but Im sure some of us wold not have licences over there. Thay dont Fk around.

+1 not to mention how expensive it is to get a license there. It's even illegal to run out of gas in the Autobahn.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
There used to be an american autobahn - montana. IF the hwy is remote enough I believe it would be OK.

openaccount

Established Member
You've obviously never been to Germany. Not all of the Autobahn is wide open anymore. Less and less of it is every year. On top of that, the road looks like a race track over there. Corners banked a little, and maintained like a MOFO. You dont see all that crap on the side of the road like you do here. Bumpers, and pieces of tires from accidents earlier in the week. The laws are soooooo much strickter (sp?) too. Not to offend anyone, but Im sure some of us wold not have licences over there. Thay dont Fk around.

yup. Only places its wide open is out in the middle of nowhere between major areas and generally during dead times. Other than that is like LA traffic. Plus you can lose your lisence for not moving over for an overtaking car. So all those "self" police assholes you see that go their own speed in the left lane and dont move would be ****ed. IF you are over taking a slower car but someone behind you is ready to overtake you. YOU HAVE TO let the faster car over take you before you can over take the car in front of you. Another thing you NEVER see here, where people will cut you off to get around a truck. Plus overtaking cars wouldnt be used to fashing their lights to get past. And people dont use cell phones, eat, text, drink, read, do makeup quite like we do here in their cars.

Cost for a lisence is like 2k and its alot easier to lose. Plus it needs to be updated more often.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
I dont think everyone is responsible enough to drive on a road with no speed limit. First off, I wouldnt do 140 miles in hour in a 1989 mini van with a doughnut tire on one wheel, but I'm sure I'd see someone else do it. I think if it were to happen, you have to go through more driver training and also better inspection of your vehicle for saftey reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread