Votes: 3 1.5%
  • two lanes for high speed and two for slower speeds

Votes: 38 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
i can just imagine how many fatalities there would be the first week

if there was a way to have all the horrible drivers kill themselves and not kill anybody else, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

And I agree with the 2 other posters, in the fact that the worst drivers ive seen came from NJ, NY, and PA for the east coast. I'm tempted to add RI as another breeder for retard drivers.

Common

Established Member
if there was a way to have all the horrible drivers kill themselves and not kill anybody else, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

And I agree with the 2 other posters, in the fact that the worst drivers ive seen came from NJ, NY, and PA for the east coast. I'm tempted to add RI as another breeder for retard drivers.

:lol:

very true but you being from CT leaves no room to complain. Holy shit you guys have some retarded drivers.

golden_eye

All show and no go
Established Member
Being from NJ and living in FL now I can say that while NJ/NY drivers are agressive a-holes, they aren't usually bad as in almost causing accidents due to stupidity. Being in FL for awhile now though, dear god I fear for my life every time I'm on the road...

About a US Autobahn, most people have echoed my feelings here. As cool as it would be, our roads, vehicles, and drivers aren't ready for that kind of privilege.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I'm pretty stupid when it comes to speeding (two tickets I've ever gotten were for 20+ over on I-35 and HWY 79), and I know I would kill myself on a highway with NO speed limit.

As much fun as it would be for a lot of us on here, I wouldn't trust a majority of people on it, much less myself. :bash:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I vote yes with a few pre-requisites:

1. The road needs to be built like the autobahn (ie with good material and 2 feet thick- not the american garbage we drive on)

2. The driving test needs to be standardized across the board and have it include a much more rigerous and comprehensive driving test. (ie- not just parallel parking but high speed emergency maneuvers, emergency stops, and how to drive in adverse conditions- like ice, rain etc.)

FYI- it takes at least a year to get a drivers license in Germany because you must attend a driving school to get it. You also have to demonstrate basic automotive knowledge like how to change a tire, check fluids etc. Additionally the driving test has much detail than in America.

If we can do the aforementioned I'm all about an interstate system with unlimited speeds. But not with the current patch of clueless MORONS that inhabit our highways

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Ever been to Hawaii? I've been all over America and in most countries in the Northern Hemisphere- Hawaiin drivers are some of the WORST I've ever seen. I love almost everything about Hawaii but because of the drivers here I'm so GLAD to be moving to the S. East in June.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
+65,000 ... too bad the U.S. doesn't have and enforce this rule. Connecticut has the law but don't know how often it is enforced.

Texas has this law as well, there are even signs on some roads reading "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY" or "SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" but...to no avail.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
What about a stretch, out in the desert? There are areas out there that scarce of traffic most of the time.

Yep, haul ass in you're car and break down in the middle of nowhere.:bs:

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
Texas has this law as well, there are even signs on some roads reading "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING ONLY" or "SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" but...to no avail.

They have those same signs out here on 395 headed to Mammoth/Reno Nevada. I was driving my 03 to mammoth a couple years back and I set cruise control at 100 and you'd be surprised at how well most people responded when I'd flash the high beams from a 1/4 mile away. Most people moved out of the way into the right lane, but there was still the occasional idiot that would make me go around on the right.

While this wasn't a brilliant move on my part, and I do not condone doing it in most other cars, it is an example of how a lot of people do understand.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
1) Drivers would need special licenses to use it. Full high speed training course like Skip Barber / Bondurant.

2) All cars using said freeway require a GPS tracker (i will list the reasons below why)

3) Minimum allowable speed limit of 90mph. GPS monitors this, fail to do so = ticket in mail and your high-speed license revoked, and a fee for slowing down other drivers, if any (GPS will see if any drivers had to slow down to avoid slower car, if they did, its 100$ for every car that had to avoid the slow one).

4) GPS unit also acts as a keys to get into the freeway. Cars trying to use said freeway entrances without GPS device that states they have the License to use it get the spike strips on the onramp.

5) When an accident occurs on the road, GPS sees this and alerts other drivers heading in that direction, and shuts off all onramps that lead that direction within a given range. Authorities recieve priority signal to clear accident ASAP. Also GPS makes it easy to figure out who was at fault.

6) Annual Users Fee or like $50-$100/mo. This goes into road maintenance, services, etc.

7) LEO's do not travel on high-speed freeways. GPS kinda takes care of that.

8) Street-Racing on high speed freeway is legal but highly frowned upon. Besides, if you **** up and do something stupid, its caught on GPS so dont be stupid.

9) Cameras every XXX amount of feet to record any such events.

10) Only YOU are tested in YOUR vehicle. IE my license is good for me in MY COBRA. I cannot take any other vehicle on the HSFS (High Speed Freeway System) unless i get licensed for that car as well. Even though i am licensed, and say my buddy and his car are licensed, i could not drive his car on the HSFS. There would be exceptions to the rule but you must call ahead and get permission (IE Say you and your buddy are both licensed, he drove somewhere but is tired or drunk and you arent so you drive home on the HSF, simply call ahead and get one-time approval codes or something)

11) Two Lanes each way. One crusing lane (left most lane) and one merging/passing lane (for slower traffic to get out of way of faster traffic). If two people are doing 100mph and there is a car behind them that comes up quick doing 120 and has to slow down, and both drivers doing 100mph do not yield, the driver in the cruising lane gets a fail to yield ticket, first is a warning that flashes on his GPS, if after 10 seconds he does not move out of the way, he gets fined 1$ every 1 second he blocks the other driver. Also exceptions to the rule, IE crusing car was doing 180 and comes up insanely fast, and slower car just cannot find a spot to safely move over, GPS will see that and not issue warning.

12) your vehicle gets inspected every 6-12 months. Mods are of no concern unless the safety or quality of the install is in question. Things they are looking for are just standard safety issues, worn boots and joints, leaking fluids, etc.

GPS Center is NOT AUTOMATED! you pay to have people look over you 24/7. GPS only sees the cars, its the operators who interpret the movements and issue warnings or whatnot. If an operator sees a vehicle traveling at a high rate, they may be obliged to warn other drivers in a certain range that "A Vehicle is approaching you at a high rate of speed in Lane 2. Please yield appropriately". GPS Mainframe does record car movements but only to be interpreted under exceptional situations (IE accidents)

In-Car GPS unit is badass. Cars are represented either by their make/model icon or an Avatar (much like a forum signature). You can see whats happening ahead and behind you up to 5 miles (zoomable down to 1/4 mile from the car). You can communicate with other drivers if they accept your invitation. You can even search for buddies traveling the same stretch. Get a group of cars and run a draft and the GPS Center alert other drivers to yield appropriately.

I know some people will do the whole "oh noes big brother" but you know what, im about done with freeway driving. IMO i wish we had the technology (well, we really do) that the moment i hit the freeway, its ALL AUTOMATED! I live in California, been driving in the worst traffic since i can remember and its not getting any better, but its getting worse daily. Simply there is too many cars on a given area of road for the majority of drivers to drive safely, thus they hit the brakes and slow down to a rate of speed they can feel safe with and pretty soon you have traffic jam. If a computer controlled everything, sees everything, you would have cars traveling at 100mph inches away from eachother and zero traffic whatsoever. That IMO is the real answer. I know people dont like to hear it nor do i, but we are probably going to see the end of the Personal Recreational Vehicle, or at least the day in which you do not drive the car, the car drives you. Im for it. those against it, come to California and drive, i give you one day and you go "**** this".

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Great! Yes wins. I wonder when they will start building it?:banana:

It will be a privately owned and operated road. I am working on getting federal approval even as we speak. I am currently taking donations so we can get started .. If you want to be a part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread