One lucky ass cop

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Cop survives wreck where cruiser bent in half - Business - Autos - msnbc.com

12792890_BG2.jpg

The word "miraculous" scarcely describes the survival of a Santa Maria, California police officer who wrapped his Ford Police Interceptor around a tree Sunday morning. It's what the local Police Chief calls the "worst accident he's seen in 35 years."

Sunday was a busy day for the members of the Santa Maria Police Department, starting with a police chase that resulted in a stolen car crashing into a first grade classroom of a local school. But that's not where this amazing crash happened.

Hours later, Officer Damon Badnell was responding to an officer involved in a foot pursuit of a burglary suspect when he lost control of his vehicle on a slippery road. The momentum wrapped the vehicle around the tree, nearly bisecting the Ford Crown Victoria.

Officer Badnell, who recently was awarded for stopping the most drunk drivers, has a few broken bones but doctors are hopeful about his recovery.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Damn, Only a few broken bones. Glad he didn't have a passenger with him either cause that guy would've been toast.

mustanginky

Established Member
wow, that's one of the worst tree accidents i've seen. that's nasty. glad he is okay, he better start praying now if he wasn't before, someone was looking out for him.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that officer was very, very fortunate. That is one nasty looking wreck. Reminds me of a crash when I was in high school. Four kids (two in the front and two in the back) were speeding on a road along Long Island Sound in Connecticut. The driver lost control and went into a skid. He hit a large tree on the beach just beyond the road and the car was literally cut in two, just behind the front seats. The front of the car landed to the right on the beach and the rear section to the left. None of kids were hurt. It happened a block from my house so I got there pretty quick to see it. I'll never forget it. Those kids were very fortunate! This cop was very fortunate.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Looks exactly like the wreck that took a friend of mines life about a year ago when he was on duty

RIP Officer Broadway

Users who are viewing this thread