Only a fool plays PowerBall

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think only 2 or 3 states allow you to collect anonymously. In all the rest, you have the option of the press conference or not, but nonetheless, your name will be released to the public. 10 seconds in Google and most people can access your voters registration and see your address. I don't think she realizes how much mail she will get in 3 days, the people knocking on her door, etc. This is why a lot of big winners don't come forward for a week or two, sometimes more. You're life as you knew it is over. You're ****ed. Your chances or death for multiple reasons is now like 4 times higher.

6, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Hmmm, I wonder if one could fly to let's say Fargo, get an apartment, get the utilities turned on, grab a new cell phone, swing by the DMV, get a ND license, and then drive over to the ND lotto office and claim the winnings anonymously?

LOL

Return a week later and everyone asks where you went. Um...no where? Where did you get a Ferrari? Um...found it?

coposrv

Established Member
I would definitely do anything possible to collect the winning anonymously. I can't imagine winning that much much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Thank Christ SC is. If me or the little lady ever won I would be anonymously becoming rich. No way I'd take the attention.

ORRR I would totally take the press conference, dress up in a suit and groom myself to look like Tony Stark. I'd then play off the fact I won as if I hadn't and it was a joke. And then finish the press conference with "The truth is... I am Ironman" and walk off stage.

When you're that rich, really you can do just about anything you want.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Hmmm, I wonder if one could fly to let's say Fargo, get an apartment, get the utilities turned on, grab a new cell phone, swing by the DMV, get a ND license, and then drive over to the ND lotto office and claim the winnings anonymously?

LOL

Return a week later and everyone asks where you went. Um...no where? Where did you get a Ferrari? Um...found it?

According to what I read you don't have to live in these states, you only have to purchase the ticket in these states and the anonymous rules apply.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I would definitely do anything possible to collect the winning anonymously. I can't imagine winning that much much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id be driving around in a big rig full of cigarettes boasting to everyone that would listen!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The Mass. winner has been identified and is taking a lump sum payment of $480 million ($336 million after taxes). Not sure if I'd want to be identified in the media if I won. Imagine the flood of gold diggers and worse once they know who you are and where you live.

some people do need help though

Users who are viewing this thread