Opinion on wheels for Oxford White 2014 GT.

dlaude

Established Member
It's your car, do what you like the most. I know you're asking for opinions, but yours is the only one that matters for your car.

I don't know if there are any white 11+s in here, but have you looked through here? It's 51+ pages lol. Few pages a day and you'll see them all in no time haha. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...official-2011-mustangs-wheel-tire-thread.html

Since you asked for opinion, I'll share mine - I personally am not a fan of black wheels. To me, it makes the wheels look dirty. The only time they look not-dirty to me is when the car is stopped and you're up close to the wheels. That's me though.

Good luck on your decision, and make sure to post pics in the link I posted above! I was in a similar situation as you just a week or so ago, never though deciding on wheels/tires would be so tough haha.

OH, also, somewhat related, I know you've decided on the style, and you were asking opinion on color, but I had FR500s on my '04 Cobra and I loved how they looked, but cleaning them was kind of a pain because of all those spokes (edit: the brembo wheels are just as annoying to clean, but not AS bad because of the dark finish. My FR500s on my Cobra were chrome). Not as bad as, say, CCW Classics, but because of that I now prefer simple wheels. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
If you are going with wheel replicas get the downforce in matte black. I just got mine last night. They look bad ass on the car. Il try to get pics up today

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
If you are going with wheel replicas get the downforce in matte black. I just got mine last night. They look bad ass on the car. Il try to get pics up today

I had been looking at those also.. I ended up liking the FR500 a little bit better.. I just love the look of a deep dish wheel. The Downforce is a good looking wheel.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Like everyone said its your car so it will really be your decision.

I wanted to go with a multi-spoke style wheel in anthracite or black at first too, but then I ended up going for a silver AMR wheel which gets lots of compliments on a Performance White car. In my opinion the Black/gray wheels will start looking like donuts on the car after a while since you cannot see the details on them as much as you do on a silver wheel, especially contrasting with the white body of the car.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will look great when done.

Badlilstang

Established Member
The combination of the anthracite and the chrome lips will pop and compliment the OW of the car.

Check the wheels on this car. Rough idea of what you will look like with the anthracite wheels.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...973606-hellion-tt-true-forged-2013-gt-cs.html

I was thinking the same thing.... It's funny you linked those wheels.. I actually got a quote on them.. It was about $3,700 for those wheels on that car! Way out of my budget but damn they look good.

GT915

Established Member
I am not a fan of all black wheels so I gotta vote for the anthracite. I think the wheels look great and it's hard to beat the price. You have any idea about the weight? Please post pics of whatever you get.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I am not a fan of all black wheels so I gotta vote for the anthracite. I think the wheels look great and it's hard to beat the price. You have any idea about the weight? Please post pics of whatever you get.

I think I was told 26 or 27lbs I will weigh each rim to see what they are when I get them. I think I am still leaning towards the Anthracite and will probably pick that. It's a lot less common than the downforce wheel (which I think looks great).

Mach828

Established Member
Neither. FR500s should stop at the new edge Mustang.

So many better options available for the 05-14 cars.

GT915

Established Member
I know these were common on the SN models but I almost never see them on the 05 and up models. I'd be surprised if they are only 27 lbs though. You gonna get tires from them as well?

Badlilstang

Established Member
I know these were common on the SN models but I almost never see them on the 05 and up models. I'd be surprised if they are only 27 lbs though. You gonna get tires from them as well?

I was thinking only Wheels and get my own tires.. I had also been looking at hte 20" Shelby Razor Anthracite wheels that cost a little more. Here is a new body with the FR500 Anthracite..

C13D4DFE-7187-4D24-9646-9E8A9CFB536E-4638-000000B8E9E73643.jpg

GT915

Established Member
I like the way that looks a lot...much better than the razors. It's your car and your money though so you are the only one you have to satisfy. What size tires you gonna run?

Badlilstang

Established Member
I like the way that looks a lot...much better than the razors. It's your car and your money though so you are the only one you have to satisfy. What size tires you gonna run?

I just found out the Razors won't clear the Brimbo brakes so there goes that idea. Probably a 295/30 or 305/30 on the rear.. 255/35 up front. I am up for all ideas that are 1K or less. I thought I knew what I wanted but hell there are so many.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Wow 20" fr500s look a lot different than 18" fr500s. Looks good. With that said flip a coin. I'm more into black.

I was thinking the same thing.. I saw pics of the 18" FR500s and I didn't care for htem.. but the pic up top is a 20" and to me looks a lot better. Guy local to me has the downforce wheels for 650 out the door with warranty I could buy today. I just wish I could find a white car wiht the FR500 Anthracite to get a good idea of hte look. Honestly I love hte GT Premium (brembo clearing wheels) that come on the car but I want something with some meet on the back. 20s look good and since I dont plan on lowering the car anytime soon would be a better idea for me.

Users who are viewing this thread