Opinion on wheels for Oxford White 2014 GT.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Any black chrome wheels would look sick on white! Nevermind you already bought rims lol...

Badlilstang

Established Member
Ok, keep in mind my car is filthy and its gloomy outside so the pics honestly do NOT do them justice. It looks way better in person. I will try to get some good clean pics soon.

CAM00111_zpsd0c156c8.jpg

wachamberlain

Established Member
Not to hate on the rims at all, look great just not my preference.

Why did you buy replicas? You could have gotten FRPP wheels in a set for roughly the same price as those. Like I said, not dogging your wheels, I just don't understand the replica trend is all.

I'd only buy FRPP, CCW or HRE's, but to each his own

Badlilstang

Established Member
Not to hate on the rims at all, look great just not my preference.

Why did you buy replicas? You could have gotten FRPP wheels in a set for roughly the same price as those. Like I said, not dogging your wheels, I just don't understand the replica trend is all.

I'd only buy FRPP, CCW or HRE's, but to each his own

No one else makes a 20" FR500..... What is wrong with replicas? I daily drive the car and don't road race it or do anything all that special with it. I got buddies running replicas who have never had a problem as well as MANY ppl in here! Also any FRPP wheel is WAY WAY more than what I paid.

wachamberlain

Established Member
No one else makes a 20" FR500..... What is wrong with replicas? I daily drive the car and don't road race it or do anything all that special with it. I got buddies running replicas who have never had a problem as well as MANY ppl in here! Also any FRPP wheel is WAY WAY more than what I paid.

Not saying anything is wrong with Replicas.......If you wanted 20's then FRPP was probably not your best choice.

GT915

Established Member
Those look way better than the stockers, they aren't stupid heavy, and you didn't have to have an Obama bail out to afford them. I'd rock those in a heartbeat. I know you said you had no plans to lower it, but I think a modest drop would look great. Congrats and post more pics.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Those look way better than the stockers, they aren't stupid heavy, and you didn't have to have an Obama bail out to afford them. I'd rock those in a heartbeat. I know you said you had no plans to lower it, but I think a modest drop would look great. Congrats and post more pics.

Yeah, trying to convince the wife to let me do it.. I normally go mod crazy so she has to keep me in check lol

Badlilstang

Established Member
Finally got the car cleaned and got some better light outside to take pics.. This is still the same camera phone so ill try to get better later.

CAM00142_zpsfe8c47cb.jpg

CAM00132_zps1ffaafb2.jpg

DNT H8

Established Member
Much better! I like um, needs to be dropped though. I wounder how they would look all powder coated in a anthracrite with no polished lip?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Much better! I like um, needs to be dropped though. I wounder how they would look all powder coated in a anthracrite with no polished lip?

Yeah, will attempt the drop later but in person it doesn't look as bad as the photos make it which is strange. I like the aluminum part and had thought about doing a polish job on it. Hopefully with the 295/35r20 rear tires I can still clear a BMR spring.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Finally got the car cleaned and got some better light outside to take pics.. This is still the same camera phone so ill try to get better later.

CAM00142_zpsfe8c47cb.jpg

CAM00132_zps1ffaafb2.jpg

I think it looks great! Definitely needs a drop. It will look even better. Thanks for the pics now I know what my car will look like with those wheels. Still debating between that color or machined..either way they are coming soon...:beer::rockon:

Badlilstang

Established Member
I think it looks great! Definitely needs a drop. It will look even better. Thanks for the pics now I know what my car will look like with those wheels. Still debating between that color or machined..either way they are coming soon...:beer::rockon:
Yup, I was looking at machined also.. I saw a pic of a white one online and it kinda looked plain to me. Again, I am learning you really need to see wheels in person to judge them.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Yeah, will attempt the drop later but in person it doesn't look as bad as the photos make it which is strange. I like the aluminum part and had thought about doing a polish job on it. Hopefully with the 295/35r20 rear tires I can still clear a BMR spring.

What size Invo's did you use up front? a rear shot of the car would be nice to see the wide tires and how close it comes to the fender.

Shoyote

Established Member
Not a great pic, 20x10 and 20x8.5 matte FR500 with Roush springs and BBR panhard
130726B7-4BD4-408A-AFAF-52DB8ACB0CB6.jpg
[/URL]
9E79507A-37DD-4E9E-97C4-7586BB87444C.jpg

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
Looks good man! I had checked those out also. I ended up choosing the anthracite based off how the brembo's looked on the car. I just liked the color. The Black FR500 looks damn good too!

How much drop is on teh Roush spring and how is your ride? That doesn't look as low as the others I have seen and I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread