Opinion on wheels for Oxford White 2014 GT.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Looking at Nitto INVO 295/35R20 on back and 255/35R20 on front. I found these tires for $888 which is the best priced tire of this size I can find so far. My car wont be lowered for a while if at all so clearing them wont be an issue.
Why not go with a 305/30 DR?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Why not go with a 305/30 DR?

Did not care for the DR in the rain last time I was using them. I don't plan on racing much at all.. maybe from a light once in a while but probably very very little track time. I drive 2 hours a day and the idea of quiet tires sounds good to me.

Also, they dont make a 305/30R20 555R according to their website.

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
OP, I am running a 305/35/20 555R and I LOVE it! Great in the rain and no extra noise.

They look good on there.. they are also more expensive than the tires im looking at.. from what I read on the Nitto site the Invo still suits what I want out of my tires. My dad is on Nitto 555R and they did not last long. He babies his car and it's no fun in the rain. It's a Grand National so yeah its a different car but his other tires were fine in the rain.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
They look good on there.. they are also more expensive than the tires im looking at.. from what I read on the Nitto site the Invo still suits what I want out of my tires. My dad is on Nitto 555R and they did not last long. He babies his car and it's no fun in the rain. It's a Grand National so yeah its a different car but his other tires were fine in the rain.

:shrug: I drove mine through all the flooding we got last fall, pouring rain, standing water, and never once lost traction(even giving it way more throttle than needed just to see if I would). I know several people on Invos who HATE them because they have 0 traction at low speeds if they get on it, and that's with near stock mustangs like ours. But the Invo's will outlast the 555R. You should look into the Nitto 555 or NT05(non R's) they are great tire's, last longer than a DR and provide much more traction.

DNT H8

Established Member
Can you weight them while they have no tires please...

Subing for PICS too... cant wait to see them mounted...

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
:shrug: I drove mine through all the flooding we got last fall, pouring rain, standing water, and never once lost traction(even giving it way more throttle than needed just to see if I would). I know several people on Invos who HATE them because they have 0 traction at low speeds if they get on it, and that's with near stock mustangs like ours. But the Invo's will outlast the 555R. You should look into the Nitto 555 or NT05(non R's) they are great tire's, last longer than a DR and provide much more traction.

I believe the 555 only go up to a 285? I will check out the NT05 non R

EDIT: Well they make a a NT05 305/30R20 it isn't out yet. I never thought tires would be such a pain to pickout lol.. this is almost as bad as picking out wheels!

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
Can you weight them while they have no tires please...

Subing for PICS too... cant wait to see them mounted...

I got a digital scale ill throw the wheels up on and give you guys the weight... they sure don't feel light.. I was told 26 or 27 lbs but honestly there is no way they are that light..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah this is nice but it's not the bargain that the fr500s are. If you like a little more bling, why not consider the fr500s in machined or chrome finish. I saw those on the wheelreplica site as well.
You have to see Danny's car in person. It's sexy. :D

GT915

Established Member
I believe the 555 only go up to a 285? I will check out the NT05 non R

EDIT: Well they make a a NT05 305/30R20 it isn't out yet. I never thought tires would be such a pain to pickout lol.. this is almost as bad as picking out wheels!

I have found Toyo Proxes in 295/30 to be relatively inexpensive compared to the 305s I have seen. I know you're looking for 305s but I thought I'd mention it. Tread life is better than most as well.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I have found Toyo Proxes in 295/30 to be relatively inexpensive compared to the 305s I have seen. I know you're looking for 305s but I thought I'd mention it. Tread life is better than most as well.

Thanks for the input! I am actually looking at a 295/35 since the car may or may not be lowered later on. Right now price is a factor and I have found nothing cheaper than the INVO.. under $900 for all 4 new to my door. If they suck there is always next year lol.

Badlilstang

Established Member
So I weighed the wheels.. and not sure if this is normal but the front wheels are heavier.. I tried it a couple times.. I just stook on the digital scale and got my weight.. then held the wheel over my head the same for both. I am honestly not sure what is considered heavy for wheels on our cars..

Front was 29.2
Rear was 28.6

On a side note.. both front wheels had a small blemish on them.. one had a small dent in the aluminum and the other had a scrub mark on the top of the wheel near the edge.. a tire may or may not hide it. The guy I am dealing with is awesome and I am meeting up with him on Friday to swap them out. If anyone in the Houston area needs wheels from Wheel replica I know a guy who can get anything they have and he gave me a better price than wheel replica did. Both rear wheels looked perfect.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Sorry, but you are wrong. I just installed a set of staggered 20" FR500's (black with polished lip) on my Black GT, and I have to say.. It looks sick!

I almost did that setup on my white but ended up with the Anthracite.. I honestly thing I could not have gone wrong either way but the anthracite just looked nice against the white. For the money I don't think you can beat these wheels.

MR.SVT

Established Member
Post pictures when wheels/tires are mounted and on the car. I want to see it from all angles so I know what my car is going to look like..:beer:

Badlilstang

Established Member
Post pictures when wheels/tires are mounted and on the car. I want to see it from all angles so I know what my car is going to look like..:beer:
Don't worry I will take a ton.. but I have to sell my car audio equipment first to buy tires lol.. Anyone want some Morel Elate 6 components? They retail for around $1,400 and I only used them for 2 months before I got the stang..

WoofersEtc.com - Elate 6 2W - Morel 6" Elate SW 2 Way Component System

So when I finally sell these I will get tires and get pics out there!!!

Users who are viewing this thread