Opinion on wheels for Oxford White 2014 GT.

Badlilstang

Established Member
What size Invo's did you use up front? a rear shot of the car would be nice to see the wide tires and how close it comes to the fender.

I will get some pics of that! I used a 255/35r20 up front... I had thought of doing the 275/35r20 since it looks almost the same size as the rear but I prefer the larger tire rear look. I ended up using the INVO's because you cant beat their price.. I know they aren't the best but for $888 to my door I could not beat it. Did a dry launch tonight.. when it started to spin I backed off the throttle a little and it bit and back to the floor it went. Hooked up the rest of the way. MUCH better than the stockers I had.

Last edited:

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Pics make stock height cars look like 4x4's and lowered ones look stock height for some reason...Anyways I think you made the right choice! Looks great

Shoyote

Established Member
Looks good man! I had checked those out also. I ended up choosing the anthracite based off how the brembo's looked on the car. I just liked the color. The Black FR500 looks damn good too!
How much drop is on teh Roush spring and how is your ride? That doesn't look as low as the others I have seen and I like that.

Roush is 1.25 in the front 1 in the rear.. I think.. I'm getting BC's sometime before summer so these are temporary, I didn't wanna slam it, just moderately lower

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Shoyote

Established Member
Finally got the car cleaned and got some better light outside to take pics.. This is still the same camera phone so ill try to get better later.

CAM00142_zpsfe8c47cb.jpg

CAM00132_zps1ffaafb2.jpg
Those look great!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

GT915

Established Member
I like the machined aluminum lip as well. Don't go crazy trying to polish them as they are likely clear coated and if you polish through it, you'll hate it. I've had polished aluminum wheels before and HATED them. They required constant maintenance to keep them looking nice.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I like the machined aluminum lip as well. Don't go crazy trying to polish them as they are likely clear coated and if you polish through it, you'll hate it. I've had polished aluminum wheels before and HATED them. They required constant maintenance to keep them looking nice.

Yeah, I knew they were coated. I have done it before in the past.. since it's just the lip I don't think it would be to bad but you are right.. probably more effort then I want to put into it right now!

Badlilstang

Established Member
Well my buddy with a nice camera finally came over... these pics look better than the others I took. Yes, the car needs a drop bad. I don't wnat to do a big drop so probably some P springs or Steeda Sport just to take up some of the fender gap. I also installed some Gorilla Lock Lugs (The System) which means each one is a lock lug so they all match. I am happy with them!

DSC_0339_zpsc0f0799e.jpg

DSC_0329_zps9edde498.jpg

DSC_0300_zpsf8d4faae.jpg

DSC_0289_zps357dfc41.jpg

DSC_0263_zps78142fd6.jpg

DSC_0230_zps948f8fd9.jpg

White5oh

Established Member
Looks good. I'm not a huge fan of all black wheels either. Went with Carroll Shelby CS40's with Eibach sportline. Tell the wife you love her and keep modding!!

image_zps3f87c479.jpg

image_zpsac096719.jpg

Badlilstang

Established Member
Looks good. I'm not a huge fan of all black wheels either. Went with Carroll Shelby CS40's with Eibach sportline. Tell the wife you love her and keep modding!!

image_zps3f87c479.jpg

image_zpsac096719.jpg

Those were the wheels I had wanted originally! Just a little more than I wanted to swing. Those look great man.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Incase anyone want to try different center caps the Ford 2.5" running pony and SVT caps will fit the wheelreplica wheels. I really wanted black cap with a chrome or white ford emblem in the center but could not find it. I wanted something "Ford related" for a center cap so I chose the SVT and they do look better than the original ZR center caps. I will try to get pics up as soon as the weather calms down.

helli217

Established Member
Looks great man! Ive been looking at the machined FR500's. Do any of you with these wheels know the exact weights? I did a little search but didn't find them anywhere. My current Shelby CS70's are 34 fr and 36 rr, I'd like to shed a couple of lbs if possible.

GT915

Established Member
Yeah I'd be like to know the weights as well. I'm stunned the Shelby wheels are so heavy. Op your car looks much better lowered and I love the machined wheel on it.

helli217

Established Member
Yeah I'd be like to know the weights as well. I'm stunned the Shelby wheels are so heavy. Op your car looks much better lowered and I love the machined wheel on it.

Well, I obviously can't read because the weight of these was posted on the 3rd page. Sorry I roped you in too, lol. 29.X fr and 28.X rr. Not sure I believe the lighter front, but 28-30 lbs is right in line with most 20's.

grabit

I just bought the GT500 replica wheels in black from american muscle and had them powder coated white. they look amazing now I'm waiting for tires that i just ordered

Users who are viewing this thread